VBS

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My daughter's first VBS was tonight. She is three and she was so super excited. It is like a treasure theme and she is learning she is a treasure. :) She called me momma treasure tonight and daddy, daddy treasure T-Rex. LOL. And she was doing the song moves with them on stage tonight. She was so cute. And awesome part? Mom and dad get a couple hours with one child. Whatever will I do? We even get a date night with no kids Friday. :eek: But so thankful. I went to every single vbs when I was little. We went to church only on holidays, but VBS was like my summer camp. It really does plant a seed in childrens' hearts and still remember some of the vbs songs from way back then!!!! So it is a blessing for her and a blessing for us too.

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What’s VBS Mayflower ?
Vacation Bible School... Different churches even have summer camps... I think the camps are different though... as far as I know
Vacation Bible School is usually a day program. I might be wrong.. and you did not ask me... but... I'm keeping my posts as ANTI-controversial as possible.. LOL

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Vacation Bible School... Different churches even have summer camps... I think the camps are different though... as far as I know
Vacation Bible School is usually a day program. I might be wrong.. and you did not ask me... but... I'm keeping my posts as ANTI-controversial as possible.. LOL

Yep! It is vacation Bible school. She goes a couple hours each day for a week. I was surprised to find one for her age, since many usually are kindergarten up. But even at this age, kids are just sponges. I need to start a weekly Bible verse with her. Their verse for vbs is psalm 116:3

Reactions: April_Rose

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I asked her what she learned last night, she said Bible and cookie, so that is awesome. LOL. And that is true. Jesus and fun is what VBS is about.

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@Mayflower ... I have never been to VBS... and not sure how it works... but I have been to Christian camp for a night time meeting...and it was absolutely wonderful. I was surprised also to hear that you found a program for your youngest as I too was of the belief that the age starts at kindergarten ( minimum ).

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Mayflower ... I have never been to VBS... and not sure how it works... but I have been to Christian camp for a night time meeting...and it was absolutely wonderful. I was surprised also to hear that you found a program for your youngest as I too was of the belief that the age starts at kindergarten ( minimum ).

Well her group leader, we know well, and works with kids. Even knows first aide/ cpr. So that put my mind at ease. But yeh. Kinda like Christian camp. People spend sometimes half a year putting them together, like Christian camps and is like camo, only it is only a couple hours a night.