Violence perpetuates Violence, Meekness ends the cycle

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Before I start this, I want to thank @theefaith for our discussions on the catholic church for coming up with this post. Though I disagree with Him on much of what he teaches, in a way he inspired this post by our discussion. I Hope this helps those who are seeing the violence and the storms in Washington DC that are going on to have a Christian response to them.

Violence Breeds violence. By this i mean that when one is a victim of a crime the tendency is to become a perpetrator of the same crime by those who are victims. So for example, one who is a victim of say abuse from a parent at home is likely to become a bully in the classroom and in some cases just like their parent before to their own children.

After four years of violence from the media and the left, many on the conservative side of the spectrum are now using those same tactics as the left to be heard, and this is not the right course of action to take, but one that will play into the hands of those principalities and powers that are perpetuating the violence. The cycle of violence must be broken before and there is a way a in scripture to break this cycle, and it is known as meekness.

The following is from Strong's concordance on the definition of what it means to be meek biblically.
Meekness toward God is that disposition of spirit in which we accept His dealings with us as good, and therefore without disputing or resisting. In the OT, the meek are those wholly relying on God rather than their own strength to defend against injustice. Thus, meekness toward evil people means knowing God is permitting the injuries they inflict, that He is using them to purify His elect, and that He will deliver His elect in His time (Isa 41:17, Luk 18:1-8). Gentleness or meekness is the opposite to self-assertiveness and self-interest. It stems from trust in God's goodness and control over the situation. The gentle person is not occupied with self at all. This is a work of the Holy Spirit, not of the human will (Gal 5:23).

Meekness is what breaks the cycle of violence. We are not fighting for an earthly Kingdom on this earth, But a heavenly one. When the perpetrators are seen as guilty of crimes against innocents they condemn themselves, but when we give them occasion to label us as insurrectionists then we are justifying their violence to themselves thus giving them an excuse to continue their violence, and feel justified in so doing. This is not saying that we are to condone their behavior, for we must continue to point out their hypocrisy and violence on the innocent, but we must not resort to violence in response ourselves. For we can become just as guilty of this violence ourselves and perpetuate it.

The scripture I want to point to here is 1 Peter 4:12-19, Pay especially close attention to verse 15.

Reactions: Philip James

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen

John 14:27
Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

Reactions: Philip James

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...many on the conservative side of the spectrum are now using those same tactics as the left to be heard, and this is not the right course of action to take, but one that will play into the hands of those principalities and powers that are perpetuating the violence.
We are civilized. But the fact that our country has just been ripped off, America, as we know it, by thieves, liars; shall we sit back passively and take it. Is that what GEORGE WASHINGTON DID OR ABE LINCOLN? When Japan attacked us, did we just take it? When someone tries to take over your country, with a fraudulent election coup d'état, should we just act gentle and meek? I don't think Biden will be welcomed by a meek nation!
I am meek and gentle because I know God is Sovereign. He has a plan and I comfort in that. If I didn't believe that we were in the Great Tribulation (when Jesus comes in Judgment), I might want to fight for this country. But it is too corrupt and the One World Government is prophesied. We are in it, we've experienced the power and control already, our freedoms are disappearing. This pestilence has been surrounded by lies, fear and control - exactly how Satan works. So come Lord Jesus ... if not ... well, I'm 65 years old and don't have that kind of fight in me.

Reactions: David H. and Nancy

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are civilized. But the fact that our country has just been ripped off, America, as we know it, by thieves, liars; shall we sit back passively and take it. Is that what GEORGE WASHINGTON DID OR ABE LINCOLN? When Japan attacked us, did we just take it? When someone tries to take over your country, with a fraudulent election coup d'état, should we just act gentle and meek? I don't think Biden will be welcomed by a meek nation!
I am meek and gentle because I know God is Sovereign. He has a plan and I comfort in that. If I didn't believe that we were in the Great Tribulation (when Jesus comes in Judgment), I might want to fight for this country. But it is too corrupt and the One World Government is prophesied. We are in it, we've experienced the power and control already, our freedoms are disappearing. This pestilence has been surrounded by lies, fear and control - exactly how Satan works. So come Lord Jesus ... if not ... well, I'm 65 years old and don't have that kind of fight in me.

And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him? (Revelation 13:4)

For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way. And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming: ( 2 Thessalonians 2:7-8)

Certain things must take place before the victory over tyranny is won, we must endure many things, knowing that God will use those things to fulfill his plan of redemption. Read Revelation 12:10-11, and Luke 21:12-19 and God bless. I am too old to fight too, but I have a the captain of the Lord's army on my side, and he will win the battle.

Reactions: Ronald David Bruno

Alvertsky

Jan 10, 2021
Corolla NC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Before I start this, I want to thank @theefaith for our discussions on the catholic church for coming up with this post. Though I disagree with Him on much of what he teaches, in a way he inspired this post by our discussion. I Hope this helps those who are seeing the violence and the storms in Washington DC that are going on to have a Christian response to them.

Violence Breeds violence. By this i mean that when one is a victim of a crime the tendency is to become a perpetrator of the same crime by those who are victims. So for example, one who is a victim of say abuse from a parent at home is likely to become a bully in the classroom and in some cases just like their parent before to their own children.

After four years of violence from the media and the left, many on the conservative side of the spectrum are now using those same tactics as the left to be heard, and this is not the right course of action to take, but one that will play into the hands of those principalities and powers that are perpetuating the violence. The cycle of violence must be broken before and there is a way a in scripture to break this cycle, and it is known as meekness.

The following is from Strong's concordance on the definition of what it means to be meek biblically.
Meekness toward God is that disposition of spirit in which we accept His dealings with us as good, and therefore without disputing or resisting. In the OT, the meek are those wholly relying on God rather than their own strength to defend against injustice. Thus, meekness toward evil people means knowing God is permitting the injuries they inflict, that He is using them to purify His elect, and that He will deliver His elect in His time (Isa 41:17, Luk 18:1-8). Gentleness or meekness is the opposite to self-assertiveness and self-interest. It stems from trust in God's goodness and control over the situation. The gentle person is not occupied with self at all. This is a work of the Holy Spirit, not of the human will (Gal 5:23).

Meekness is what breaks the cycle of violence. We are not fighting for an earthly Kingdom on this earth, But a heavenly one. When the perpetrators are seen as guilty of crimes against innocents they condemn themselves, but when we give them occasion to label us as insurrectionists then we are justifying their violence to themselves thus giving them an excuse to continue their violence, and feel justified in so doing. This is not saying that we are to condone their behavior, for we must continue to point out their hypocrisy and violence on the innocent, but we must not resort to violence in response ourselves. For we can become just as guilty of this violence ourselves and perpetuate it.

The scripture I want to point to here is 1 Peter 4:12-19, Pay especially close attention to verse 15.
What should be a Christians response to seeing all Christian churches shuttered?

What would God do?

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What should be a Christians response to seeing all Christian churches shuttered?

What would God do?
Where two or three are gathered in his name he will be there. The concept of church buildings and places of gathering were preceded by house churches, we as believers should be ready to adapt in this way. The Institutional church will and is selling its soul to government for survival and thisis already happening and will get worse, the true church is not a building but the people themselves.