Was Mary sinless?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Wiki:

The Catechism of the Catholic Church teaches that by the grace of God "Mary remained free of every personal sin her whole life long."
Well, except for Jesus, Romans 3:

23 all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.

Zachariah.

Jan 22, 2024
Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The words "Pure", "Virgin" and "Sinless" are used interchangeably and all mean the same thing in a biblical context.

It is in every case a reference to a pure heart.

Yes, Mary was sinless as she conceived Jesus through the act of compassion. Compassion being the primary nature of the Holy Spirit.

When you make love to your partner, are you doing it in a passionate, self gratifying way. Or do you embody the Holy Spirt and make love in a compassionate way.

When you conceive your own child, how will you do it?

One is sinfull and the other sinless.

Whatever you do, just don't get caught up in all the dogma. When understood correctly, these things will comply with both logical and intuitive capacities. Logic being the key word here.

Last edited:

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wiki:

Well, except for Jesus, Romans 3:
Yes, all are sinners. All are descended from Adam and Eve, except for Jesus, who was conceived by the Holy Spirit.

Another quote is this:
Luke 1.46 And Mary said: “My soul glorifies the Lord 47 and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior..

This is a regular mantra King David expressed, "God my Savior." Mary was reflecting the worship of her ancestor, David, who acknowledged his sin and his love for God, his Redeemer from sin.

If Mary needed a "Savior," then she was a Sinner. To render sinless a human who was descended from Adam and Even is to call God a liar or to deify a human being other than Jesus. Very bad doctrine!