Wax on Wax off

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Those non-believers who laugh at the Old Testament when it claims that humans lived hundreds of years; like Methuselah. He lived until the age of 969 years. Can you feel the laughter circling around the world, fairy tales they say.

But then: Take into account that the human race didn't always measure time the way we are accustomed.

Check this out :)

If the people far back in history used a moon callander rather than a sun callander like we all do; then we will have 12 moon cycles per our callander year. Therefore one of our 365 day years would equal 12 years for them.

Methuselah 969 years.

969 ÷ 12 moon cycles = 80.75

So Methuselah lived until 80 of our sun cycles.

Last edited:
Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Those non-believers who laugh at the Old Testament when it claims that humans lived hundreds of years; like Methuselah. He lived until the age of 969 years. Can you feel the laughter circling around the world, fairy tales they say.

But then: Take into account that the human race didn't always measure time the way we are accustomed.

If the people far back in history used a moon callander rather than a sun callander like we all do; then we will have 12 moon cycles per our callander year. Therefore one of our 365 day years would equal 12 years for them.

Methuselah 969 years.

there’s 13 moons in a solar year too :)

although i would hear the 969 differently anyway

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Wax on Wax off
....and I thought it was a euphemism for pick up lines!

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Einsteins Relativity theory proved that time is stretchy and elastic, so it may well have "fast forwarded" for centuries in earth's ancient history, or even slowed and stopped or went into reverse at specific times..:)

"Joshua said to the Lord in the presence of Israel: “Sun, stand still over Gibeon, and you, moon, over the Valley of Aijalon.”
So the sun stood still, and the moon stopped, till the nation avenged itself on its enemies, as it is written in the Book of Jashar.
The sun stopped in the middle of the sky and delayed going down about a full day. There has never been a day like it before or since.." (Joshua 10:12-14)

God said- “Behold, I will bring again the shadow of the degrees, which is gone down in the sundial of Ahaz, ten degrees backward.
So the sun returned ten degrees, by which degrees it was gone down.” (Isaiah 38.8)

PS- I wonder if the phenomenon was noticed by ancient Sumerian or Chinese astronomers who said "Some crazy stuff going on up there", and wrote about it in yet-to-be-discovered scrolls or carved it on temple walls etc?
Also we could speculate that time itself never changed, but that the earth's rotation was stopped and reversed by God to achieve the same effect?

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Einsteins Relativity theory proved that time is stretchy and elastic, so it may well have "fast forwarded" for centuries in earth's ancient history, or even slowed and stopped or went into reverse at specific times..:)

"Joshua said to the Lord in the presence of Israel: “Sun, stand still over Gibeon, and you, moon, over the Valley of Aijalon.”
So the sun stood still, and the moon stopped, till the nation avenged itself on its enemies, as it is written in the Book of Jashar.
The sun stopped in the middle of the sky and delayed going down about a full day. There has never been a day like it before or since.." (Joshua 10:12-14)

God said- “Behold, I will bring again the shadow of the degrees, which is gone down in the sundial of Ahaz, ten degrees backward.
So the sun returned ten degrees, by which degrees it was gone down.” (Isaiah 38.8)

PS- I wonder if the phenomenon was noticed by ancient Sumerian or Chinese astronomers who said "Some crazy stuff going on up there", and wrote about it in yet-to-be-discovered scrolls or carved it on temple walls etc?
Also we could speculate that time itself never changed, but that the earth's rotation was stopped and reversed by God to achieve the same effect?
Yep. You can only wonder.

BeyondET

Jul 9, 2022
Hampton Roads
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Methuselah 969 years.

Or if the earth's rotation was only 100mph instead of 1000mph today.