We Need To Be Still

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

hldude33

Apr 28, 2010
YouTube Channel Video Devo

“We Need To Be Still”
Psalm 46:10 NLT
Be still, and know that I am God! I will be honored by every nation. I will be honored throughout the world.”

This past weekend, I read a chapter of “Silence and Solitude” from the book “Ruthless Elimination of Hurry” by John Mark Comer. I have really enjoyed this book and it’s opened my eyes to many things that I’m convicted of now. This chapter I read really spoke to me in many ways. I really appreciate how John stated the need for silence and solitude in our lives.

This got me thinking a lot about how we fill our lives and quiet moments with tv, internet, music, reading, phones, etc. These things are not wrong, but it seems that we cannot handle having quiet moments where we just do nothing but sit there. When John mentioned this in the chapter, it really struck me. We have become so accustomed to grabbing phones out of our pockets or purse when there’s even a hint of boredom on the horizon. Wherever there is a waiting moment, we pull out the phones. I am EXTREMELY guilty of this!

I think about this verse and how God has called us to be still before Him. I like how John talks in this chapter about us taking time to just sit and do absolutely nothing. Carving out time in our daily life to just sit and do nothing. It’s VERY hard to do! I know that I always feel like I’ve got to be doing something. It’s hard for me to just sit and do nothing at all.

We need breaks in the daily to calm our minds and heart. We need to practice being still before God and just being in His presence. It’s easy to say we need to be still and we would probably all agree we need this practice. However, it is a whole different thing to actually put into practice. For me to just sit and do nothing, I feel like I’ve got to be doing something with my mind. When I sit and do nothing, I think about all the things I’ve forgotten to do and what all I still need to do.

So often I think God just says, “STOP!” We’ve got to take the time to be still and just be in His presence. Let the Holy Spirit fill us and God can speak to us and calm the chaos in our world.

I encourage all of us to take the time to be still and do……NOTHING! Just be still in His presence. We need to practice silence and solitude.

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
True patience, practiced properly, brings great charge.

Charge in the Spirit, is the currency by which all our spiritual decisions are made.