We really CAN'T answer some of these

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ah well he did not single you out for the offer or anything right
lol
so I mean see what you did there

The post singled out noone.
And I commented on being unimpressed with the questions some unknown person concocted. So what?

Glory to God,
Taken

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You appear to be supportive of the false doctrine of the ability to choose Jesus by the context of your post #59.

In 1 Timothy 2:1-6, the Apostle Paul did not write that all men can choose Christ. Paul did not write that people can exercise willpower to be saved. The passage does not support Armenianism nor freewill nor the ability to choose Jesus. Here is the "Examination of "all" in 1 Timothy 2:1-6 in the Light of our Lord Jesus Post (in this thread)"

Please see "Predestination Means God Destined Beforehand Including Salvation Post (in this thread)" which remains true according to the Spirit! Man cannot choose Jesus, period, Jesus chooses men (John 15:16). Acknowledge Lord Jesus in all your ways, and He will make your path straight - do not be deceived by the teachings of men - trust in Him with all your heart - He is the door of the sheep. This is quoting Proverbs 3:5-6 and Matthew 7:13-14 and Matthew 22:37-40 and Luke 13:23-24 and John 10:7).
We DO choose to follow Jesus.
You know who said so? JESUS did.

When Jesus entered Jerusalem, He lamented:
Matthew 23:37, Luke 13:34
Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you, how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, AND YOU WERE NOT WILLING.

Jesus also told His followers
Matt. 16:24
“Whoever wants to be my disciple MUST DENY THEMSELVES and TAKE UP THEIR CROSS and FOLLOW me."

BOTH of these passages show that our cooperation with God's grace is NECESSARY for our salvation.
God is not a Cosmic Rapist who forces His love on us as YOU will have us believe. He does not drag us kicking and screaming against our will into Heaven - NOR does He send us kicking and screaming into Hell against our will.

He gives US the choice to follow Him or to reject Him (Josh. 24:15, Matt. 7:21, Luke 10:16, John 7:17, Gal 5:13).

Reactions: Nancy

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You may be right; it was written mainly as something to think about, and ponder,

I did, and found the one who wrote the questions unqualified in construction of a meaningful question.
Thus was unimpressed.

not to be impressed by how clever the questions might be.

Cleverness with intent to Trick is the devils workshop. IMO Jesus' intent is to Reveal the Truth, By Stating the Truth.

Nothing personal against you. My comment was about the questions themselves. I did not read the book, read who authored the questions, read the Intent of the authors questions.

God Bless,
Taken

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ah no offense BoL but that seems like a great arg for "We don't choose to follow Jesus?"
Wrong.
This verse shows that they had the CHOICE to follow Him and CHOSE not to.

"You were not willing" means, "You did not will it" or "You did not CHOOSE it."

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Even if God has chosen us first....we must still also choose Him. Didn't Jesus also choose the rich young ruler saying to Him...follow Me? Yet the rich young man did not choose to follow Christ.

So then we must choose Christ. We must choose to obey Him, follow Him, love Him.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Even if God has chosen us first....we must still also choose Him. Didn't Jesus also choose the rich young ruler saying to Him...follow Me? Yet the rich young man did not choose to follow Christ.

So then we must choose Christ. We must choose to obey Him, follow Him, love Him.
When the language is understood dialectically that is exactly what is being said imo, only in such a way that it may also be interpreted differently. I think "clay" is used as an analogy for a good reason, Bc it has certain properties, it changes state even? Hardens in the light, softens in the rain, etc..I had a good study for this I read somewhere, see if I can find it.

In a weird way those we call "gnostic" often end up being right, and those who claim to be followers are actually the gnostics, the preoccupation with "beliefs" is kind of maybe a pointer there?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Agree.
An individuals freewill to Choose Him is Required, FOR particular Blessing to be given that individual.

1 Thes 1
[4] Knowing, brethren beloved, your election of God.

Glory to God,
Taken

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ah no offense BoL but that seems like a great arg for "We don't choose to follow Jesus?"
Is there an echo here??
You already stated this in post #244 - and I already corrected you in post #247.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A few weeks ago, I posted a link to a book entitled "75 Questions Your Instructors Pray You will Never Ask," Mostly, the whole thing was dismissed as beneath the dignity of a "true Christian" to bother to respond to. (I also felt this way...… UNTIL I actually tried to answer some of them.)

Many of those questions are from a viewpoint of predestination. So someone who understands God's concept of predestination (not man's doctrines), will understand how to answer those simple questions per God's Word. Problem really is, not many (including many pastors) understand God's concept of predestination.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy and Willie T