Wedding Rings

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Shawn E. Bekaert

Oct 23, 2010
I've been getting conflicted thoughts and messages from People about wedding rings. Mostly is it a sin to god if your married and you don't wear your wedding ring or replace one you lost. I'm wondering because of two reason:
(1) Both My Parents lost their wedding rings years ago and just never replaced them.
(2) I've never been much of a ring guy, but if and when I ever do get married I would wear a wedding ring, just not all the time. Mostly because my skin is sensitive to certain metals.
So I asked some people on their opinions and ideas, but each time I got conflicting ones. I've heard and read people say: "
Of course it is a sin! you will burn in hell for eternity if you do not wear your symbol of commitment to your spouse." "The wedding ring is a symbol, many men never wear them, and sometimes women don't either, it's the same as adultery, is a sin". or "The wife and spouse should wear rings as a token of their love and symbol of their marriage.If they both agree on this. It is nice to do so. But it is most definitely not a sin! Hearts,minds and souls together in love is definitely,enough." "Wedding rings are just an outward display of marital status.
If the lack of a wedding ring can damn one all married ladies professing Christ better get a nose ring."

So I'm wondering what some of you think about Wedding Rings and if you should wear one or not.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where do you come up with this stuff, Shawn?

At least it is rated G this time.......

Shawn E. Bekaert

Oct 23, 2010
Well Aspen as you get to know me, you will find I tend to think and question things differently then most people. I consider it a Gift from God. Everything asked or whatever is right from my "twisted" mind, so to speak. :D Why? something wrong with what I asked this time?

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well Aspen as you get to know me, you will find I tend to think and question things differently then most people. I consider it a Gift from God. Everything asked or whatever is right from my "twisted" mind, so to speak. :D Why? something wrong with what I asked this time?

Not at all.

Peace

JarBreaker

Apr 6, 2010
At least it is rated G this time.......

Oh boy, i'm glad I didnt bother checking this board for awhile.

Sin is transgression of the law or Torah --- without turning this into another OT/ NT debate, you can easily debunk anyone claiming this to be sin by asking them to show you anywhere in the 5 books of Moses where a ring is mentioned in accordance with marriage.

If that isnt enough to stop the debate, go look up where rings actually did originate and list for them whatever pre-christian pagan rituals it came from.

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
Back when I used to be a Catholic, the priest said that Marraige encompassed three rings:

1. Engagement ring

2. Wedding ring

3. Suffering