Weird day yesterday

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ah boy...there is this woman who sort of latched onto me. She comes to my shop 2 or 3 days a week. She knows I can't pay her but she still comes in. she dusts a little and sometimes cleans my coffeemaker. Mostly she sits and plays a game or watches something on her ipad. She gave me "holy anointed oil" about a year ago to sprinkle around my shop and put in bath water. I asked her what makes it holy and she said, the apostle blessed it. She goes to a church that has...I don't know, less than 10 people. They call the preacher "the apostle." She is nice enough i guess. She does have unforgiveness issues. She can be a bit snippy and holds grudges. She doesn't seem to be helped by her church.

Yesterday, this woman came in. She comes in every few months. The first time was about a year and a half ago, when the shop was not mine but I watched it in exchange for being able to bring in some of my own pieces to sell. So she comes in and asks if I am the owner, I say, no. She asks for the phone # of the owner and I ask what it's in regard to. She says the Holy Spirit gave her something to tell the owner. I take her # to give to the owner. Later, I asked the owner if she called the called the woman. She says, yes, and she told me I was going to be wealthy and she invited me to her church and I'm going to go.

so now that I own the shop, this woman comes in every few months. She came in yesterday with a man she was promoting and the woman who has latched onto me was there. They began talking and the man was rattling off all this absurd nonsense about numbers and then he jumped to prayer shawls and how if they don't have blue piping, they are useless and will not work. This woman was mesmerized and said how she wanted a prayer shawl so badly. At some point he began yelling loudly in tongues. Then they invited this woman to their church and she is going to go. They invited me too and I said no thank you.

I said, after they left, that the man was speaking nonsense, and she said, well, when someone speaks tongues over you, it's just for you, so I understand that it would not make sense to you.

If they come back, I'm chasing them out and I don't care if it's rude. They are going to soak that old lady. At the very least, for a stupid prayer shawl with blue piping.

I sit and talk with her often. She comes in sometimes after church and talks about how they were on the floor for hours and couldn't get up and how good she feels. Then she proceeds to how upset she is with this or that person for something they did or said. It's all very ridiculous and I have tried to...talk with her about it but she's closed off. I think I need to tell her to go away.

Oh, and yesterday when He was loudly shouting his jibberish, a regular customer came in and whispered to me in the other side of the shop, are those customers? I whispered back no, I don't know who they are, just some weird people. He said, I'll see you later and left.

I'm angry at myself for not chasing them out. I mean, it didn't go on for a long time. They had her hooked and At that point they were going to move on to the next shill, of course. But I should have chased them out and told them not to return.

I'm telling you, I couldn't make this stuff up if I tried!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't want to be mean to this old gal. I dont, however, care if I'm mean to that woman and man. Maybe I will just tell the old gal if they come back in I'm going to give them what-for...grrr, I'm so upset with myself for not doing it yesterday!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Ah boy...there is this woman who sort of latched onto me. She comes to my shop 2 or 3 days a week. She knows I can't pay her but she still comes in. she dusts a little and sometimes cleans my coffeemaker. Mostly she sits and plays a game or watches something on her ipad. She gave me "holy anointed oil" about a year ago to sprinkle around my shop and put in bath water. I asked her what makes it holy and she said, the apostle blessed it. She goes to a church that has...I don't know, less than 10 people. They call the preacher "the apostle." She is nice enough i guess. She does have unforgiveness issues. She can be a bit snippy and holds grudges. She doesn't seem to be helped by her church.

Yesterday, this woman came in. She comes in every few months. The first time was about a year and a half ago, when the shop was not mine but I watched it in exchange for being able to bring in some of my own pieces to sell. So she comes in and asks if I am the owner, I say, no. She asks for the phone # of the owner and I ask what it's in regard to. She says the Holy Spirit gave her something to tell the owner. I take her # to give to the owner. Later, I asked the owner if she called the called the woman. She says, yes, and she told me I was going to be wealthy and she invited me to her church and I'm going to go.

so now that I own the shop, this woman comes in every few months. She came in yesterday with a man she was promoting and the woman who has latched onto me was there. They began talking and the man was rattling off all this absurd nonsense about numbers and then he jumped to prayer shawls and how if they don't have blue piping, they are useless and will not work. This woman was mesmerized and said how she wanted a prayer shawl so badly. At some point he began yelling loudly in tongues. Then they invited this woman to their church and she is going to go. They invited me too and I said no thank you.

I said, after they left, that the man was speaking nonsense, and she said, well, when someone speaks tongues over you, it's just for you, so I understand that it would not make sense to you.

If they come back, I'm chasing them out and I don't care if it's rude. They are going to soak that old lady. At the very least, for a stupid prayer shawl with blue piping.

I sit and talk with her often. She comes in sometimes after church and talks about how they were on the floor for hours and couldn't get up and how good she feels. Then she proceeds to how upset she is with this or that person for something they did or said. It's all very ridiculous and I have tried to...talk with her about it but she's closed off. I think I need to tell her to go away.

Oh, and yesterday when He was loudly shouting his jibberish, a regular customer came in and whispered to me in the other side of the shop, are those customers? I whispered back no, I don't know who they are, just some weird people. He said, I'll see you later and left.

I'm angry at myself for not chasing them out. I mean, it didn't go on for a long time. They had her hooked and At that point they were going to move on to the next shill, of course. But I should have chased them out and told them not to return.

The whole situation is getting unfringed by the sound of it. Sounds like a fringe group though, in spite of that.

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I think maybe God is testing your patience big time :D Yikes! Sounds like a dream! And, as Bbyrd said...wonder what the lesson in this might be?? Or, it's just a crazy old lady who needs affirmation or something. I'd be a bit peeved if she were running off my customers tho. Not to mention the "apostle guy".

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, I texted the woman who comes 2 days a week and told her I love her but I wanted her to know that if that woman and man come back that I will run them off and they are snake oil salesmen hawking prayer shawls with blue trim and that it's ridiculous to say a prayer shawl wont work if it doesnt have blue or even to say God cares if you wear a prayer shawl. So maybe she will get mad at me and not come back we will see. Magic charms and shawls, pffftt!

“Now, son of man, speak out against the women who prophesy from their own imaginations. 18 This is what the Sovereign Lord says: What sorrow awaits you women who are ensnaring the souls of my people, young and old alike. You tie magic charms on their wrists and furnish them with magic veils. Do you think you can trap others without bringing destruction on yourselves? 19 You bring shame on me among my people for a few handfuls of barley or a piece of bread. By lying to my people who love to listen to lies, you kill those who should not die, and you promise life to those who should not live.

20 “This is what the Sovereign Lord says: I am against all your magic charms, which you use to ensnare my people like birds. I will tear them from your arms, setting my people free like birds set free from a cage. 21 I will tear off the magic veils and save my people from your grasp. They will no longer be your victims. Then you will know that I am the Lord. 22 You have discouraged the righteous with your lies, but I didn’t want them to be sad. And you have encouraged the wicked by promising them life, even though they continue in their sins. 23 Because of all this, you will no longer talk of seeing visions that you never saw, nor will you make predictions. For I will rescue my people from your grasp. Then you will know that I am the Lord.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pray a lot about it first. You may be given an idea on how to handle them that will work, and not get you in legal trouble for refusing service. (remember what happened to the baker who wouldn't bake a wedding cake for the homosexual couple.)

Haha, I am not worried! If they want to buy anything from me they can. I will tell them I have a magic, annointed, holy bridge I can sell them!

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, I texted the woman who comes 2 days a week and told her I love her but I wanted her to know that if that woman and man come back that I will run them off and they are snake oil salesmen hawking prayer shawls with blue trim and that it's ridiculous to say a prayer shawl wont work if it doesnt have blue or even to say God cares if you wear a prayer shawl. So maybe she will get mad at me and not come back we will see. Magic charms and shawls, pffftt!

“Now, son of man, speak out against the women who prophesy from their own imaginations. 18 This is what the Sovereign Lord says: What sorrow awaits you women who are ensnaring the souls of my people, young and old alike. You tie magic charms on their wrists and furnish them with magic veils. Do you think you can trap others without bringing destruction on yourselves? 19 You bring shame on me among my people for a few handfuls of barley or a piece of bread. By lying to my people who love to listen to lies, you kill those who should not die, and you promise life to those who should not live.

20 “This is what the Sovereign Lord says: I am against all your magic charms, which you use to ensnare my people like birds. I will tear them from your arms, setting my people free like birds set free from a cage. 21 I will tear off the magic veils and save my people from your grasp. They will no longer be your victims. Then you will know that I am the Lord. 22 You have discouraged the righteous with your lies, but I didn’t want them to be sad. And you have encouraged the wicked by promising them life, even though they continue in their sins. 23 Because of all this, you will no longer talk of seeing visions that you never saw, nor will you make predictions. For I will rescue my people from your grasp. Then you will know that I am the Lord.

Maybe you should give her the verses you just quoted? Will she receive it I wonder. If she does then, she will see the error of their ways, if not...maybe she will be out of your hair :D

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Haha, I am not worried! If they want to buy anything from me they can. I will tell them I have a magic, annointed, holy bridge I can sell them!
Well, a word to the wise should be sufficient. I was not joking. That kind of person can, and will, go straight to the law or the media and cause you a lot of heartache if you do not handle the situation carefully.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, a word to the wise should be sufficient. I was not joking. That kind of person can, and will, go straight to the law or the media and cause you a lot of heartache if you do not handle the situation carefully.

Thank you for your words of caution. But I'm not worried about what any man or woman will try to do to me. But thank you, sincerely.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
...I'm so upset with myself for not doing it yesterday!
You should contact the *apostle* (preacher) and let him know that this member of his church is making a nuisance of herself in your shop, and that she should be asked to cease and desist. Otherwise you might have to go to the police.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Thank you for your words of caution. But I'm not worried about what any man or woman will try to do to me. But thank you, sincerely.
Just forgive them and ask God to forgive them they know not what they do, and if they do know than it will be upon there heads.

Rom 12:19 Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.
Rom 12:20 Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head.
Rom 12:21 Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.

Sometimes that can be hard to do.

Reactions: Nancy