Welcome

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Seekerofthetruth

Feb 5, 2023
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Hello I am new here. I am a seeker of the truth. I would like to have some discussions with some you all :)

Reactions: Mr E

Seekerofthetruth

Feb 5, 2023
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I would like to discuss if Jesus died for all sin. I have read revelation 22 18-19 and verses about blasphemy of the Holy Spirit. Are these truly unforgivable? I’ve heard of devout Mormons getting saved yet they added to God’s word before conversion.(believing and teaching that the BOM is the word of God.)

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I would like to discuss if Jesus died for all sin. I have read revelation 22 18-19 and verses about blasphemy of the Holy Spirit. Are these truly unforgivable? I’ve heard of devout Mormons getting saved yet they added to God’s word before conversion.(believing and teaching that the BOM is the word of God.)
It is true, Jesus died for all men.
Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit occurs when the good news of God's forgiveness registers in the understanding of a man/woman and they reject it.

Reactions: ScottA

Seekerofthetruth

Feb 5, 2023
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
So what is mentioned in revelation 22 18-19 can be forgiven if they repent of it while heartily?

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So what is mentioned in revelation 22 18-19 can be forgiven if they repent of it while heartily?
Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is when a person rejects God's prompting (it is the Holy Spirit which brings these things to our awareness)
The book of Revelation is just as its writer says in the introduction (Rev. 1:1-3) It's a revealing of Jesus. Twisting it and or ignorantly representing it is akin to trying to convince oneself and others that one and one equals three.

So, take the text you have quoted (Rev. 22:18-19) seriously. : )

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello I am new here. I am a seeker of the truth. I would like to have some discussions with some you all :)
Welcome!

I see you have had somethings answered already. Anything else?

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are a lot of different groups within Christianity. The belief that God's words are limited to just the bible ("sola scriptura") is specifically a Protestant belief. Other Christian groups, such a Catholics, Orthadox, and LDS Christians (nicknamed "Mormons") do not hold this belief.

What makes a person a Christian is believing that Jesus Christ is the Son of God & Savior of the world-- having that relationship with Him. That's the core of all Christianity. Other beliefs are secondary and will vary from sub-group to sub-group.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ive heard that devout Mormons have added to the Bible (rev 22 18)
Getting into different views here:

That’s a Protestant interpretation of that verse.

LDS Christians interpret it as referring to the book of Revelation itself, as that’s the book being discussed therein. It’s questionable if other books of scripture were written after Revelation, including 1 John. And the Bible itself wasn’t compiled til centuries later, and the 66 Protestant Bible till much much later.

Believing in Sola scriptura is not required to be a Christian. Rather that’s a Protestant specific beleif.

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reactions: Jane_Doe22