Were gymnosperms, angiosperms or spore bearing plants show up first in superimposed layers?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Skovand1075

Jul 13, 2022
Alabama.
www.instagram.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, because I am not God, and he didn’t tell us how he did it. It simply says in Genesis that God planted a bunch of fruit trees in the garden for the humans to feast on. They were apparently vegetarians to begin with, as the account says....
Genesis 1:29-31...
“Then God said: “Here I have given to you every seed-bearing plant that is on the entire earth and every tree with seed-bearing fruit. Let them serve as food for you. 30 And to every wild animal of the earth and to every flying creature of the heavens and to everything moving on the earth in which there is life, I have given all green vegetation for food.” And it was so.

31 After that God saw everything he had made, and look! it was very good. And there was evening and there was morning, a sixth day.”

So all living, sentient animals were originally vegetarians. There were no carnivores.

so your scientific response to how trees evolved is just some verse and magic? Ok…….

I’m guessing you deny meteorology as well? You don’t know how clouds form and why it rains either? It’s just “ god did it “?

or how about how babies are born? Just god knitted you in the womb….

well I hope you don’t mind but I probably won’t be reading the rest of your responses.

Skovand1075

Jul 13, 2022
Alabama.
www.instagram.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, because I am not God, and he didn’t tell us how he did it. It simply says in Genesis that God planted a bunch of fruit trees in the garden for the humans to feast on. They were apparently vegetarians to begin with, as the account says....
Genesis 1:29-31...
“Then God said: “Here I have given to you every seed-bearing plant that is on the entire earth and every tree with seed-bearing fruit. Let them serve as food for you. 30 And to every wild animal of the earth and to every flying creature of the heavens and to everything moving on the earth in which there is life, I have given all green vegetation for food.” And it was so.

31 After that God saw everything he had made, and look! it was very good. And there was evening and there was morning, a sixth day.”

So all living, sentient animals were originally vegetarians. There were no carnivores.
Though I’ll read this response…

can you link me towards a scientific link about vegetarian wolves, lions and so on in the fossil record?

though I guess you believe in some form of old earth and dinosaurs were first and gone before us right because of some gap theory where god said day and night day one but he did not mean it… he meant ages or something….

so in the fossil record, can you show me when the first cat begin to eat meat? We’re they created with their teeth already sharp lr did they evolve sharp teeth over time?

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You think scientist don’t know how seeds evolved?
https://nph.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1469-8137.2010.03249.x
Have you considered looking up a evolutionary botanist online at a college and emailing them?

Nice try mate but although eggheads like to think they know it all, there are nevertheless two "unknowns" in this quote from that link..:)
"..the precise evolutionary connections between the different gymnosperm groups are unknown and that the ancestors of the angiosperms are unknown."
I repeat, if they're so clever, why can't they actually MAKE a seed?
As for signing up to a botany course, I know it all already, namely, you plant them, water them then sit munching popcorn watching them grow..:)

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
can you link me towards a scientific link about vegetarian wolves, lions and so on in the fossil record?

Oh here we go.

I have to ask--where did all of the meat come from? If you are saying evolution made everything, there would have to be several thousand animals for the meat eaters to eat or they would just die out, wouldn't they?

I don't why folk have such a hard time with "God created." His Book (go ahead and call it fiction, if you like--It's the same Book that says Jesus is our Saviour)

BTW is there a reason you refer to God as god?

Skovand1075

Jul 13, 2022
Alabama.
www.instagram.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh here we go.

I have to ask--where did all of the meat come from? If you are saying evolution made everything, there would have to be several thousand animals for the meat eaters to eat or they would just die out, wouldn't they?

I don't why folk have such a hard time with "God created." His Book (go ahead and call it fiction, if you like--It's the same Book that says Jesus is our Saviour)

A few things. God is not a name. It’s a title. In Hebrew it’s not capitalized. God or god, Jesus or jesus, it’s all the same.

Do you know what genre is? The Bible uses several types of genre doesn’t it? So do you think in revelation there are literally four horsemen and horned sea monsters? Is that literal?

why is it so hard? Well because the literary style of genesis 1-2 is not historical or autobiographical and nothing there indicates it should be literally. It indicates it’s written in the style of a myth. Secondly , to reject science is silly. Makes no sense to reject dozens of scientific fields.

so as a normal human being, I can’t help but notice that a mythological reading of gensis leaves open the door to accept real science verse practicing bad biblical hermeneutics and pseudoscience. It’s hard to make such a ignorant choice.

Skovand1075

Jul 13, 2022
Alabama.
www.instagram.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh here we go.

Your answer makes no sense. It’s not a answer to the paradigm presented by the person i questioned who stated all things were vegetarian before sin.

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What you don't seem to understand is that, in your idea, many many animals would have to evolve. the odds of something evolving into just one animal are phenomenal anyway. So you have one animal which has to eat.--it has it be vegetarian, because at this point there is nothing else. Each further animal lives on vegetation. What happens? Does one of the clan all of a sudden become a meat eater? And if there aren't many animals, the meat eaters are going to eat all of the vegetarians, and then each other.

Why do you think Genesis is a myth? Which part of the Bible is true?

I am certain you don't believe in the Flood either, even though Jesus, the One who saved you, speaks of it.
"For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be." (Matthew 24:38-39)"

Jesus speaks of creation too Mark 10:6 6 “But at the beginning of creation God ‘made them male and female."

John 1:3 "All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made."

Rev 14:7 He said in a loud voice, “Fear God and give him glory, because the hour of his judgment has come. Worship him who made the heavens, the earth, the sea and the springs of water.” Interesting that this is in the book of Revelation. Could be be that He knew men who deny His creative power in the last days?

So we are to worship Him as Creator.

And, just curious, why do you not capitalize the word God when you speak of Him?

Blue Dragonfly's

Jul 15, 2022
not this Christian parody site
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
A few things. God is not a name. It’s a title. In Hebrew it’s not capitalized. God or god, Jesus or jesus, it’s all the same.

Do you know what genre is? The Bible uses several types of genre doesn’t it? So do you think in revelation there are literally four horsemen and horned sea monsters? Is that literal?

why is it so hard? Well because the literary style of genesis 1-2 is not historical or autobiographical and nothing there indicates it should be literally. It indicates it’s written in the style of a myth. Secondly , to reject science is silly. Makes no sense to reject dozens of scientific fields.

so as a normal human being, I can’t help but notice that a mythological reading of gensis leaves open the door to accept real science verse practicing bad biblical hermeneutics and pseudoscience. It’s hard to make such a ignorant choice.
Firstly, Jesus is Capitalized because it is the name of our Savior.

How we arrived at that name from the Hebrew isn't included here because you are clearly not interested.

Secondly, the God of Christians, while a title, is capitalized. Why will not be defined for the aforementioned reason.

Lastly, do you really think an atheist is going to enter this Christian community and mock,ridicule, demean,insult, and cast aspirations against the Ekklesia and our faith and make a cogent point that atheism is more rational and intellectually superior?

When an atheist first affirms by adoption of that title they do not believe there is evidence for God.

Yet those ones like yourself join a religious community for the express purpose of copying and pasting here science articles.

As if a theoretical field unable to identify the source for existence is superior to a faith group who hold God as first cause.

It's not superior. Theory vs.faith.

And finally, an atheist who insists they must spend their life's time in conflict with people here so to take issue with something you as an atheist first believe doesn't exist, is not rationally nor intellectually superior to any theist.

Your issue, and that of atheists like you, is with a people you don't respect.
Because when God isnt real,isn't there, you're taking issue with people! Who are.

That's not rational,nor intellectually superior.
That's personal insecurity,fear,and ignorance.

And the excuse some atheists make for their deplorable behavior, that religion has a corrupting influence on the world and that is why it need be addressed, is too.

You don't believe God is real.

OK.

Go! Live your life like you and your life matters.

Don't waste time arguing against no real thing, that does not exist anywhere at all.

I will not read you after this posts.
I don't believe atheists trolling is worth my life's time any more than to say this; We see you.

BeyondET

Jul 9, 2022
Hampton Roads
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Evolutionary creationist are not separating El from creation. We are saying genesis is not a scientifically or historically based book. It’s a myth. It’s mythology. It’s ancient Jewish mythology. So in the same way you say days are not literal it’s metaphorical or symbolism for eras, we simply say it’s all metaphorical and symbolic and it’s purpose was to define theological relationships and not human origins or eras.

plus even following eras it’s not true. Angiosperms came after gymnosperms. Birds came after land animals. Butterflies and moths came after angiosperms. So eras do not work out scientifically or historically either. Not the one in genesis 1 or the different account with a different story and different order of events in genesis 2
I kind of disagree about a myth, certainly earth broken down to single atoms would still be called earth rather formed or not, and dirt is pretty much all living things and some rocks in the ears for balance