Westboro Baptist Cult

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Team - yes, I think my post to you was trying to address you and hetero - sorry about that. As far as a liberal agenda, I am not a believer.

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
aspen said:
I am missing a lot from the Bible? You mean the one time Jesus got angry? Not to hard to miss that story - it is a favorite of all 'tough-guy' Christians. The rest of the time he was eating with sinners and preaching the sum of the Law, which is love.......seems to me that you are missing everything, but the money changers, dude.....

I think you need to spend some time reconciling your fatalism about the future of this world and your conflicting desire to fight against God's plan. Last time that happened in the Gospels, Jesus called Peter Satan and told him to get behind him. Here is an idea, why not start loving people as we circle the drain rather than fighting against God.

Yeah and I am sure Jesus said to them all...oooh it's okay, .Let the dead bury the dead...hmmm sounds kind of rough too does it not? You seem to portray Jesus as a limp wristed person like most professing "christians"...He had emotions and told the Pharisees they were a "brood of vipers", and their are many more examples....so quit trying to bring Jesus, My Lord and Saviour down to your level, because obviously He was passionate about what He taught and stood for....
It is unfortunate "christians" such as yourself cannot be the same way.....

And always remember start following the Son of God, His days and Commandments, and NOT the sun god/satan and his days of sunday, Dec 25th and easter, all of which are non Biblical!

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
heretoeternity said:
I am missing a lot from the Bible? You mean the one time Jesus got angry? Not to hard to miss that story - it is a favorite of all 'tough-guy' Christians. The rest of the time he was eating with sinners and preaching the sum of the Law, which is love.......seems to me that you are missing everything, but the money changers, dude.....
I think you need to spend some time reconciling your fatalism about the future of this world and your conflicting desire to fight against God's plan. Last time that happened in the Gospels, Jesus called Peter Satan and told him to get behind him. Here is an idea, why not start loving people as we circle the drain rather than fighting against God.

Yeah and I am sure Jesus said to them all...oooh it's okay, .Let the dead bury the dead...hmmm sounds kind of rough too does it not? You seem to portray Jesus as a limp wristed person like most professing "christians"...He had emotions and told the Pharisees they were a "brood of vipers", and their are many more examples....so quit trying to bring Jesus, My Lord and Saviour down to your level, because obviously He was passionate about what He taught and stood for....
It is unfortunate "christians" such as yourself cannot be the same way.....

And always remember start following the Son of God, His days and Commandments, and NOT the sun god/satan and his days of sunday, Dec 25th and easter, all of which are non Biblical!
Of course Jesus had emotions, He was fully God and fully human - just because you think his words were harsh means nothing. Jesus was trying to jolt people out of their smug reliance on tradition as a pathway to salvation, not condemn them for being born a certain way. And He was not condemning the Roman government for allowing nonbelievers to act sinfully. We live in a secular nation - demanding the government to criminalize behaviors that offend our Christian view of morality is an OT, external manner of forcing compliance of people who do not share our beliefs.

Go ahead and continue pondering why you are trying to stop God's judgment off the world by demanding behavioral compliance of nonbelievers. "Get behind me Satan" sounds like a tough statement to have to hear from God.

teamventure

Sep 6, 2011
aspen said:
Team - yes, I think my post to you was trying to address you and hetero - sorry about that. As far as a liberal agenda, I am not a believer.
hey no problem.

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
aspen said:
Of course Jesus had emotions, He was fully God and fully human - just because you think his words were harsh means nothing. Jesus was trying to jolt people out of their smug reliance on tradition as a pathway to salvation, not condemn them for being born a certain way. And He was not condemning the Roman government for allowing nonbelievers to act sinfully. We live in a secular nation - demanding the government to criminalize behaviors that offend our Christian view of morality is an OT, external manner of forcing compliance of people who do not share our beliefs.

Go ahead and continue pondering why you are trying to stop God's judgment off the world by demanding behavioral compliance of nonbelievers. "Get behind me Satan" sounds like a tough statement to have to hear from God.

If you want to call yourself a "christian' then act like it...get passionate about your beliefs..Also quit being afraid to stand up for your beliefs, and take a stand whether it is against homosexuality, abortion, corruption or whatever conflicts with the Bible and the words contained in the relevant sections fo the OT and Jesus teachings in the New Testament...but unfortunately it seems that the majority of "christians" are following a different spirit, other than the spirit of God..As Jesus said in Revelation, He does not like lukewarm, so don't be afraid to remove yourself from your "comfort zone" and write a letter to the authorities voicing your displeasure at the evils they are allowing, or do a speech, hold meetings, carry a sign...quit being ashamed and apologetic for being politically incorrect, and for following the Holy Bible and God's word...no wonder the forces of evil think they can run roughshod over "christians"...they just go to a comfortable building once a week for an hour or two, sing a few songs, jump up and down, throw money in the plate, listen to a preacher drone on about something that is supposed to be a sermon, race home to watch the football/baseball or whatever, or go to their favourite restaurant, and think they have done God's work...hmmm what spirit are you following?

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you want to call yourself a "christian' then act like it...get passionate about loving God and your neighbor through service. Also quit being afraid to stand up for love rather than what the Christian culture tells you to believe and take a stand against our current manifestations of worldliness, whether it be materialism, homelessness, consumerism or whatever conflicts with the Bible and the words contained in the relevant sections of the OT and Jesus teachings in the New Testament. Unfortunately, it seems that the majority of "christians" are following a different spirit, rather than the spirit of God..As Jesus said in Revelation, He does not like lukewarm, so don't be afraid to remove yourself from your "comfort zone" and volunteer to feed the hungry, clothed the naked, and house the homeless; quit being angry, demonstrating righteous indignation towards people you believe are wimpy. Start practicing your sanctification, instead of simply memorizing the Holy Bible rather than living the spirit of the law.....no wonder the forces of evil think they can run roughshod over "christians"...they just go home from church and turn on FoxNews and Dr. Stan and complain about all the Christian 'rights' they believe they are losing, while blaming other people, (the perpetually elusive "them") who are tempted by sin which the majority of people are never tempted by, (like homosexuality and collecting welfare) for ruining American and bringing forth the end of the world. Most ironically, these same Christian seem to long for God's justice for sinners through vengeance brought about by the end times, yet actively vote against Americans who want the right to make their own adult choices, which actually impedes the conservative Christian view of the end of the world which is predicted to be worse than the times of Moses. A contradiction which strangely, culminates in a feeling of safety and smugness stemming from the belief they are doing God's work by defending God - as if He needed us to defend Him.....hmmm what spirit are you following?

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
Aspen.. are you having a problem having an original thought of your own?...you like to criticize active Christians, who will do actually try to fight the injustices and evil in the world (you do know there are injustices and evil in the world right?)..maybe you don't...but if you think the world is such as wonderful place maybe you should pick up a newspaper, and check out how satan (the ruler of the world) 2nd Cor 4, has created evil and chaos around the total planet...are you content to sit around and pretend it is not happening..obviously so..well you know what they say "ignorance is bliss"

Remember to follow the Son of God, His day and Commandments, and not the sun god/satan and his days of sunday, dec 25th and easter, all of which are pagan in origin and non Biblical!

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Aspen.. are you having a problem having an original thought of your own?

Apparently, you only read the first few words of my post.....go back and read through it - I'll wait.

you like to criticize active Christians, who will do actually try to fight the injustices and evil in the world (you do know there are injustices and evil in the world right?)..

Um..no. I like to point out Christians who believe the way to fight "injustices and evil in the world" is to criminalize behavior they see as evil, rather than taking the beam out of their own eye. You see, taking the beam out of your own eye allows you to take on the perspective of the people you are trying to fine or jail and will hopefully allow you to consider solutions to problems instead of simply punishment for bad behavior.

maybe you don't...but if you think the world is such as wonderful place maybe you should pick up a newspaper, and check out how satan (the ruler of the world) 2nd Cor 4, has created evil and chaos around the total planet...are you content to sit around and pretend it is not happening..obviously so..well you know what they say "ignorance is bliss"

When did I say that the world did not contain evil and injustice? I have no problem seeing the problems in the world today, nor do I have a problem seeing the transformation of hearts in the world today. The Holy Spirit is at work in the hearts of His people and we can see it if we choose to look.

It is your narrative that I find ridiculous - God the Father sends His Son to die on the Cross to save people who are already predestined for Heaven; He works in the hearts of the chosen to redeem their hearts, but the world just gets worse and worse anyway; meanwhile, He teaches His followers to love their enemies who He is planning to annihilate during the last days; all while people like you, are trying to employ earthly justice in God's name in order to apply duck tape to a sinking Titanic call the World, which God is waiting with vengeance to destroy and torture all people He didn't predestine for Heaven.

Remember to follow the Son of God, His day and Commandments, and not the sun god/satan and his days of sunday, dec 25th and easter, all of which are pagan in origin and non Biblical!
Don't worry; I like many other Christians have reclaimed Christmas for Christ's birth - our faith is not fear-based. If Christ can reclaim the Cross for good - we can certainly reclaim a day of the year.

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
Christmas day? Where do you see that term in the Bible? Hint..it is not there! Bet you even try to claim Dec 25th is that day right? Wrong again..Aspen you are not doing to well here...and you want to criticize that red hot Westboro church..wow..hypocracy in action...Where is the commandment from God, for keeping Dec 25th? Where did God bless and sanctify this day? I know a lot of "christians" have been told they can make days, things, etc Holy, and essentially play God..but you shouldn't do that, unless you think you are a pope or something..

And remember to follow the Son of God, His days and Commandments, and NOT the sun god aka satan and his days of sunday, Dec 25th and easter, all of which are pagan based, and have no Biblical authority!

HearGod

Sep 23, 2014
heretoeternity said:
Christmas day? Where do you see that term in the Bible? Hint..it is not there! Bet you even try to claim Dec 25th is that day right? Wrong again..Aspen you are not doing to well here...and you want to criticize that red hot Westboro church..wow..hypocracy in action...Where is the commandment from God, for keeping Dec 25th? Where did God bless and sanctify this day? I know a lot of "christians" have been told they can make days, things, etc Holy, and essentially play God..but you shouldn't do that, unless you think you are a pope or something..

And remember to follow the Son of God, His days and Commandments, and NOT the sun god aka satan and his days of sunday, Dec 25th and easter, all of which are pagan based, and have no Biblical authority!

Haha... well said. A cult is the church down the street from your church; therefore 1 group's church is another group's cult. :eek:

Born_Again

Nov 5, 2014
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow, how cool was that? Well don't heretoeternity. That made me chuckle. But it does bring good points all Christians should consider. It shows that it pays to know your Biblical knowledge. I rather enjoyed the schooling!! :D

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry Born Again, I missed Heterosexuals "good point". It seems to me that he refused to address my points completely. Would you mind enlightening me?

Born_Again

Nov 5, 2014
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That was supposed to say "well done" not "well don't". Auto correct fail there. I was merely saying I like your rebuttal.

Reactions: aspen