What and when is the thousand years? Part 4

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This is not to say that there were no more wars we know from history that there has always been wars but there is true inner peace and now all nations can live as one true church from every nation which is referred to in,

Revelation 5:9
9 And they sang a new song, saying:
“You are worthy to take the scroll
and to open its seals,
because you were slain,
and with your blood you purchased for God
persons from every tribe and language and people and nation.

And Revelation 7:9
9 After this I looked, and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and before the Lamb. They were wearing white robes and were holding palm branches in their hands.

Many Christians believe that Isaiah chapter 65 speaks of the time of peace on the earth I believe that this is a mistake. Isaiah 65 speaks of the times when the Lord was angry with the Jewish nation and then the gentile nations were brought into the church during the first century as they were blended in with the believing Jews.

Isaiah 65 also mentions God blessing the believing gentiles and judging the unbelieving Jews which I believe to of happened in the year 70AD when Jerusalem was destroyed by the Romans.

Isaiah 65 then goes on to say that what was taken away from the unbelieving Jews will not be taken away from the church and that we will have everlasting life as the Wolfe (gentiles) now lies with the lamb (Jews). They will feed together they will live in peace as one body in Christ within the church.

When the angle announced in
Luke 2:14
Glory to God in the highest heaven,
and on earth peace to those on whom his favor rests.”

He wasn’t talking about no more wars but the true inner peace that Jesus brings us.

Future temple and sacrifices
Some Christians believe that there will be a future temple and a sin sacrifice during the 1000 years and believe that it was taught in the Old Testament is this biblical?

Hebrews 10:18
18 And where these have been forgiven, sacrifice for sin is no longer necessary.

Hebrews 7:27
27 Unlike the other high priests, he does not need to offer sacrifices day after day, first for his own sins, and then for the sins of the people. He sacrificed for their sins once for all when he offered himself.

Paul states above that there is no more need for a temple or sacrifices. Jesus has paid the price once and for all. A future sin sacrifice would be a rejection of Jesus and all what He has done.

Satan’s release

When will satan be released and when may be the time that the earth will be destroyed?

The Holy Spirit works through the church but the church needs to be actively doing God’s work. In the book of Geneses we see how the faithful due to conforming to the unfaithful, reduced over time to just one person Noah. That was when God destroyed the earth with the flood. Two thousand years ago the church grew at an amazing speed and reached the whole earth but now the percentage of Christians seems to be dwindling over the last 100 or so years, as some of the church seems to be conforming to the ways of the world. The conforming of the faithful was the only time God destroyed the world, back in Noah’s day. It would seem to be the same reason that God will destroy the world by fire in the future.

I don’t believe that God will destroy the world just because it’s so evil, it has always been evil, even now over one million babies are aborted each year by their parents for selfish reasons. I think that alone would be enough evil for God to destroy the world. I believe God will destroy the world when the number of people to be saved has been completed and the church is reduced in numbers like we see is happening today. People are having fewer children these days, including Christians, which leads to less people learning about God. In the past century or so, in what was thought to be Christian nations, most people went to church but in our time, it is about 20% and getting lower as years go by.

I believe that we may be in the time of satan’s release, the little season, as we are being outnumbered and satan’s people seems to be surrounding us, the city God loves. The church only grows when the Holy Spirit moves in the actions of His people, that is still happening today but on a smaller scale. Many Christians are conforming to the ways of the world and have become complacent in their busy lives. Could we be allowing satan to gain ground in our world? We need to study more and know our bibles better so we can share it with the people in our lives because it reveals God’s message to the world. We need to keep praying for opportunities to share the gospel with the unsaved people that God places in our lives.

Summary
I believe that the scriptures prove that we are in the 1000-year reign now and that we could be in the time of satans release, his little season. I believe that satan has been bound from deceiving the nations since the day of Pentecost. What would be the reason for a literal 1000-year reign on the earth with a binding of satan only to have him be released to rec havoc on the earth again? There is no purpose for it as it doesn’t seem to line up with the message of the bible which is the promise of salvation to all who believe in Christ Jesus as their lord and savior.

Not once in the New Testament did Jesus nor any of the apostles teach that Jesus will reign literally on the earth for 1000 years in a time of peace.

FaithWillDo

Mar 1, 2023
Fort Collins, CO, USA
www.greatmysteryofchrist.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Summary
I believe that the scriptures prove that we are in the 1000-year reign now and that we could be in the time of satans release, his little season. I believe that satan has been bound from deceiving the nations since the day of Pentecost. What would be the reason for a literal 1000-year reign on the earth with a binding of satan only to have him be released to rec havoc on the earth again? There is no purpose for it as it doesn’t seem to line up with the message of the bible which is the promise of salvation to all who believe in Christ Jesus as their lord and savior.

Not once in the New Testament did Jesus nor any of the apostles teach that Jesus will reign literally on the earth for 1000 years in a time of peace.
Dear Marty Fox,
I read your four posts on the 1000 year reign and wanted to make a few comments.

To understand the teachings in the book of Revelation, we first must take into consideration what these three key verses teach:

Rev 1:3 Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for THE TIME IS AT HAND.

Rev 22:7 Behold, I come quickly: blessed is he that keepeth the sayings of the prophecy of this book.

Rev 22:10 And he saith unto me, SEAL NOT the sayings of the prophecy of this book: for THE TIME IS AT HAND.

As these verses say, the time for the fulfillment of the prophecies was already "at hand" when John recorded the vision. Just from these three verses above, there is no way that the prophecies can only be future events that happen at the literal end of this age. John was even told to not seal the prophecies.

Furthermore, John was told that those who are blessed (this means the Elect) will "keep the sayings of the prophecy". If the fulfillment of the prophecies only occurs at the end of this age, how has any of the Elect ever been able to keep the sayings of the prophecy? They couldn't have.

So how have the Elect kept the sayings of the prophecy? They keep the sayings because the prophecy teaches (over and over again) the pathway to salvation that the Elect will travel to be saved and converted. The events which are recorded are spiritual events which happen within an Elect believer. The events are not physical, outward events as most believe. They cannot be seen with human eyes. They can only be seen with spiritual eyes ("eyes that can see").

Next, we must consider what these verses teach:

Rev 1:4 John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne...

Rev 1:8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

Rev 11:17 saying: “We give You thanks, O Lord God Almighty, the One who is and who was and who is to come, because you have taken your great power and reigned.

The second coming of Christ is a reoccurring event. It is not a one-time coming that happens at the literal end of this age. Christ's coming happens over and over again. To understand what that means, consider what Christ told the Apostles in John chapter 14:

John 14:3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

John 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; 17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you. 18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

John 14:28 Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.

So when did Christ "come again" to the Apostles? He came to them a second time on the Day of Pentecost when He poured out the Latter Rain of the Spirit (baptism of the Spirit) upon each of them. This event is the second coming of Christ which is taught in scripture. It is a spiritual event which comes "without observation" (Luke 17:20). Christ will not visibly come back to this world where human eyes can see Him.

Christ will remain in heaven until He has completed the mission His Father gave Him (to save the world, 1John 4:14):

Acts 3:20 And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you: 21 Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

So when does the restitution of "all things" occur? It does not occur at the end of this present age because "all things" will not be restored to the Father at that time. This present age is only for the harvesting of the Elect. The Elect (Heirs) are the First Fruits of Christ's harvest of mankind. They are harvested early from the field. The full harvest of mankind occurs at the "end of the year" (the final age).

Exo 23:16 And the feast of harvest, the firstfruits of thy labours, which thou hast sown in the field: and the feast of ingathering, which is in the end of the year, when thou hast gathered in thy labours out of the field.

If a person has not consumed this "milk of the Word" that teaches that Christ is the Savior of the world, they will not be able to learn the deeper truths of God. The foundation of truth must be correct before it can be built upon with bread, meat and New Wine.

CONTINUED ON THE NEXT POST...

Last edited:
Reactions: Marty fox

FaithWillDo

Mar 1, 2023
Fort Collins, CO, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Summary

CONTINUED FROM THE PREVIOUS POST...

So what is the Thousand Years Reign?

The teaching of the Thousand Years Reign begins in Revelation chapter 19 and ends in Rev 20:6.

As I said above, the book of Revelation teaches the spiritual events that happen to the Elect as they travel the pathway to salvation. Chapter 19 reveals additional details of this pathway. In verses 7-9, it presents the Marriage of the Lamb and the Marriage Supper of the Lamb. These two events are part of the pathway to salvation and are taught by Christ using the marriage analogy (such as the Parable of the Ten Virgins does).

The Marriage of the Lamb is the salvation event which occurs when Christ "comes again" for His Bride (the Elect). The Elect are espoused to Christ when He first comes to them in the flesh (where the virgin sees Him "carnally"). It is at this time that Christ plants the seed of the Holy Spirit within them (the Early Rain of the Spirit). Christ then goes away with the promise to return for the marriage. The marriage event is what the Apostles experienced on the Day of Pentecost.

The Marriage Supper immediately follows the wedding because, in conjunction with the wedding (Latter Rain), the bride's spiritual blindness will be healed (Mark 8:21-25). Now with "eyes that can see", the bride will be fed the truth of God by Christ. When the bride has received enough nourishment, the bride will "see" the Abomination of Desolation which had previously occurred within themselves. After this occurs, judgment (the Day of the Lord) will immediately follow. This judgment is the Thousand Years Reign and is presented in verses 11-21 of chapter 19. Notice during this judgment that the bride is not being judged. This is true because the bride is a child of God who has never sinned. She will ride with Christ and judge the "chaff" (carnality, child of the devil) which remains within themselves. The bride will not experience any wrath during this time of judgment.

Peter confirms the meaning of the Thousand Years Reign by saying this:

2Pet 3:8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

Peter says that the Thousand Years Reign is "like" one day. The day that Peter is referencing is the Day of the Lord. Then, in the rest of chapter 3, Peter goes on to teach about certain spiritual events which occur during the Day of the Lord.

So why is the Thousand Years Reign "like" the Day of the Lord? The Thousand Years Reign applies only to the Elect who will reign with Christ during the Day of the Lord.

The Day of the Lord is Christ's judgment which He uses to destroy carnal mankind who is "condemned already" (John 3:18). Since the Elect are "born again" prior to that judgment commencing upon them, they will reign with Christ over their own judgment. In the final age, the Day of the Lord will come upon the rest of mankind and the Elect will reign a second time with Christ over that judgment.

Ecc 6:6 Yea, though he live a thousand years twice told, yet hath he seen no good: do not all go to one place (Lake of Fire)?

During both Thousand Year Reigns, the Elect will reign with Christ and will judge carnal mankind in the Lake of Fire until they have perished. Since the "lost" of the final age are not "born again" as a child of God prior to their judgment commencing, they will experience God's wrath while they are being judged. But before the "lost" of the final age perish from that judgment, Christ will have mercy upon them and give them the same faith that He earlier gave to the Elect.

Mat 23:23 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law: justice, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

From the faith that Christ will give the "lost", the pathway will be made straight for Christ to come to each of them and pour out the Early and Latter Rains of the Spirit and convert them into children of God. They will then be gathered to heaven as the Elect were in this present age. Justice will be served by the destruction of the child of the devil (mankind) who will remain in the Lake of Fire.

After the last person has been saved and converted into a child of God, the final age will come to an end. This scripture will then be testified to be true:

1Tim 2:3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior; 4 who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth. 5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; 6 who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

Joe

Last edited:

FaithWillDo

Mar 1, 2023
Fort Collins, CO, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is not to say that there were no more wars we know from history that there has always been wars but there is true inner peace and now all nations can live as one true church from every nation which is referred to in,

Revelation 5:9
9 And they sang a new song, saying:
“You are worthy to take the scroll
and to open its seals,
because you were slain,
and with your blood you purchased for God
persons from every tribe and language and people and nation.

And Revelation 7:9
9 After this I looked, and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and before the Lamb. They were wearing white robes and were holding palm branches in their hands.

Many Christians believe that Isaiah chapter 65 speaks of the time of peace on the earth I believe that this is a mistake. Isaiah 65 speaks of the times when the Lord was angry with the Jewish nation and then the gentile nations were brought into the church during the first century as they were blended in with the believing Jews.

Isaiah 65 also mentions God blessing the believing gentiles and judging the unbelieving Jews which I believe to of happened in the year 70AD when Jerusalem was destroyed by the Romans.

Isaiah 65 then goes on to say that what was taken away from the unbelieving Jews will not be taken away from the church and that we will have everlasting life as the Wolfe (gentiles) now lies with the lamb (Jews). They will feed together they will live in peace as one body in Christ within the church.

When the angle announced in
Luke 2:14
Glory to God in the highest heaven,
and on earth peace to those on whom his favor rests.”

He wasn’t talking about no more wars but the true inner peace that Jesus brings us.

Future temple and sacrifices
Some Christians believe that there will be a future temple and a sin sacrifice during the 1000 years and believe that it was taught in the Old Testament is this biblical?

Hebrews 10:18
18 And where these have been forgiven, sacrifice for sin is no longer necessary.

Hebrews 7:27
27 Unlike the other high priests, he does not need to offer sacrifices day after day, first for his own sins, and then for the sins of the people. He sacrificed for their sins once for all when he offered himself.

Paul states above that there is no more need for a temple or sacrifices. Jesus has paid the price once and for all. A future sin sacrifice would be a rejection of Jesus and all what He has done.

Satan’s release

When will satan be released and when may be the time that the earth will be destroyed?

The Holy Spirit works through the church but the church needs to be actively doing God’s work. In the book of Geneses we see how the faithful due to conforming to the unfaithful, reduced over time to just one person Noah. That was when God destroyed the earth with the flood. Two thousand years ago the church grew at an amazing speed and reached the whole earth but now the percentage of Christians seems to be dwindling over the last 100 or so years, as some of the church seems to be conforming to the ways of the world. The conforming of the faithful was the only time God destroyed the world, back in Noah’s day. It would seem to be the same reason that God will destroy the world by fire in the future.

I don’t believe that God will destroy the world just because it’s so evil, it has always been evil, even now over one million babies are aborted each year by their parents for selfish reasons. I think that alone would be enough evil for God to destroy the world. I believe God will destroy the world when the number of people to be saved has been completed and the church is reduced in numbers like we see is happening today. People are having fewer children these days, including Christians, which leads to less people learning about God. In the past century or so, in what was thought to be Christian nations, most people went to church but in our time, it is about 20% and getting lower as years go by.

I believe that we may be in the time of satan’s release, the little season, as we are being outnumbered and satan’s people seems to be surrounding us, the city God loves. The church only grows when the Holy Spirit moves in the actions of His people, that is still happening today but on a smaller scale. Many Christians are conforming to the ways of the world and have become complacent in their busy lives. Could we be allowing satan to gain ground in our world? We need to study more and know our bibles better so we can share it with the people in our lives because it reveals God’s message to the world. We need to keep praying for opportunities to share the gospel with the unsaved people that God places in our lives.

Summary

Dear Marty,
I also wanted to make a short comment on Satan being bound and later being released for a short time.

Satan is bound during the Thousand Years Reign while the Elect believer is being converted. After the believer has been converted, Satan will be released for a short time to test the new child of God.

This time of testing was "typed" by Christ after He fasted in the wilderness for 40 days. At that time, Satan came to Christ and tempted Him. And like Christ, the Elect will resist the temptations of Satan by refuting him with the Word of God (Truth). After the Elect pass their time of testing, Satan will be cast into the Lake of Fire. This represents that Satan will no longer have any influence over the Elect believer again.

Joe