What are We All Looking For?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

pfrattali

Sep 5, 2009
Everyone is looking for the same basic things in life. Fulfillment, satisfaction, comfort and security. Some of us will go to any length to get these things, but sadly, we will look for them in the wrong places. Therefore we remain truly unfulfilled, unsatisfied, without comfort and security, and it shows through our striving and fighting with one another and all our failed relationships.So what truly fulfills and satisfies us?It is this one thing.... getting to know God Almighty in a personal and intimate way through Jesus Christ His Son. God wants to pour His love and His life into each and every one of us, making us truly fulfilled and satisfied. It is God's intention to do good and not harm us in any way. The human race is in a fallen state and God desires to reconcile us to Himself. God wants us to know that He truly loves us, as any father would love his child and much more, and that He has a good plan for each and every one of our lives.God's love for us is eternal, unconditional and without measure. His love is what truly fulfills, satisfies, comforts and gives us security. Nothing else will.Ultimately, He wants us to live forever with Him in His Kingdom, and with all who turn back to Him in humility.Jesus said:"I am the door: if any man enter in by Me, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture. The thief comes not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that you might have life, and that you might have it more abundantly." John 10: 9-10"I am the bread of life: he that comes to Me shall never hunger; and he that believes on Me shall never thirst." John 6:35"For God so loved the world, that He gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world might be saved through Him." John 3: 16-17"I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live forever: and the bread that I will give is My flesh, which I will give for the life of the world." John 6:51

forgivenWretch

Feb 10, 2008
Tennessee
clappinghands.gif
Very well put!

gumby

May 29, 2009
Very deep, for me its James 1:23 and James 1:24. For me i have to stay in the word evryday and stay hungry to help further gods kingdom.