What are your views on feminism?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

williemac

Apr 29, 2012
Canada
Arnie Manitoba said:

I hope everybody realizes my posts were tongue in cheek ..... I was acting like a man using similar arguments feminists make to men.
Whew!

FYI, women are hard wired to have a different relationship with thier emotions than men have with thiers. In the end, they will more often than not attempt to 'experience' how they feel, allow themselves to be re-centered, and then opt toward the most intelligently logical action (in thier opinion), whereas if you will notice, the majority of 'violent' actions and offenses, including wars, are started and fought by men who act on thier feelings and disregard what is humanely appropriate. I think you have it backwards in that arena.

The Mars and Venus literature is most helpful in understanding the differences between men and women.

However, I also think that men in thier worst and most selfish moments, have introduced a false conclusion from scripture as to the meaning and role of the "head" in a relationship.

Headship is not Lordship. The role of the head is to nourish, protect, and care for, the body. The head puts the body first, not the other way around. The husband is the source of life to the relationship (Eve came from Adam's rib). In many traditions, the wife becomes the servant to the husband, wheras in the bible, the husband serves the wife in laying down his life for her the same way that Christ did for the church. Any man successfully fulfilling that role never has to worry about an insubordinate wife.

Unfortunately, as problematic as the feminist movement is, it was born out of the abuse of men towards women.

williemac

Apr 29, 2012
Canada
Arnie Manitoba said:
I know .... it is all men's fault .... just ask any woman .... or ask williemac.
Sarcasm duly noted.
The truth is that both male and female are equal members of a fallen species. You saying that some men are not abusers? Some men are not violent? Rapists are not men in most cases? This does not excuse the women from their own versions of sin. All have sinned. But the fact is, if it were not for abuse, there would be no retaliation. If it were not for crime, there would be no jails. And why do you think every city has women's shelters? We are in a fallen and violent world, and it so happens that men are generally stronger than women. Men are hard wired to be more assertive, the downside of which is aggressiveness. The genders are not the same. Women are generally more attracted to men who they see as strong. There is a natural reason for this. But it can backfire and has backfired due to sin.

Both genders may be equal sinners in humanity, but the fact is, we have a general edge in the physical department. What recourse does a woman have when faced with a violent or abusive husband? Her weapons will be different than ours. Hence the feminist movement. I am not condoning it in any way, shape or form. I'm just sayng, there are no winners in this discussion as long as there is a standoff.

The feminist movement is a product of sinful humanity. Both genders are in it up to thier neck. But being a male, it is my place to own up to our part and to right the ship from our side. I can't jump into the other gender and fix them. I can only work on what I can relate to and identify with. You should think about that.

God made us different for a reason. He is the pursuer. We are the responders. Our human relationships are similar. Men pursue and women respond. We were hard wired in these roles to get an understanding of God's role over us. Therefore, husbands love your wives as Christ loved the church and gave Himself for her. You know the rest. The point is that men are clearly in the better position to solve this issue. The solution is not to finger point or blame. It is simply to understand who we are, what is our role, and own up to it by example and commitment.

So yes, men are more responsible in this. We are the heads, the saviors of the body. The lifegivers to the body. The protectors of the body. Many men have no real idea just how gratifying it is when they realize and participate in their proper role towards women. Excuse me now. Its late and my wife is in bed. Its time to go and giver her a back massage, to help her relax and get a good sleep. And no, I'm not kidding.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So it's morning now, and she slept well. Just want to say about things like feminism. Some things are understandable, but not necessarily acceptable. But blessed are the peacemakers.

Reactions: Lilly

soulja boy

Aug 10, 2009
[SIZE=10pt]Exo_23:6[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] Make sure that the poor are given equal justice in court. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Lev_24:22[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] I am the LORD your God, and I demand equal justice both for you Israelites and for those foreigners who live among you. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Isa_40:25[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] The holy God asks, "Who compares with me? Is anyone my equal?" [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Gal_3:28[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] Faith in Christ Jesus is what makes each of you equal with each other, whether you are a Jew or a Greek, a slave or a free person, a man or a woman. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Php_2:6[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:[/SIZE]

In terms of men and women being equal in church and ministry, these few verses show that no such concept existed in scripture. Equality was something that was applied to justice in court; foreigners living in Israel; no one is equal with God; faith makes us equal, not gender; Jesus legitimately being equal with God.

The feminist idea that men and women are equal and therefore are to be treated the same as in male and female priests is a figment of man's imagination and is in fact, rebellion against God.

The church is often compared to the family and in families equality is non sequitir. I have my roles and my wife has her roles. There are things I can do which she can't and there are things she does which I can't. To have an argument about equality is a waste of time. We just get on with the job where we are best suited.

I am a lover of church history and have several volumes on the topic. In the New Testament Church, women were treated much more kindly than they were in the world, particularly in Roman society where they were chattel for men. Despite this Paul said women should keep silent in the church.

​What the scripture teachers that when it comes to faith and salvation, it is genderless as all can be saved regardless of gender and all can come to faith regardless of gender.

Going beyond that is not scripture.

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
snr5557 said:
As in, if you think women and men should be treated equally.

feminism: "the belief that men and women should have equal rights and opportunities"
Different creations = different creations. Equal rights is a sham by the devil to make woman butch and men feminine.

The bible has always instructed men to protect and look after woman. Treat them like gold. What in the universe is wrong with that?

We can easily list the differences of each sex and establish the clear strengths and weaknesses. Paul did that. Moses did that. You or some sick GLBT movement know better?

I am curious though. As a firm belieiver in evolution do you think it is wise to undo millions of years woman evolving into the sensitive caring beings they are? in one or two decades?

snr5557

Jan 19, 2014
KingJ said:
Different creations = different creations. Equal rights is a sham by the devil to make woman butch and men feminine.

The bible has always instructed men to protect and look after woman. Treat them like gold. What in the universe is wrong with that?

Using your brains and eyes you can list the differences and establish clear strengths and weaknesses of each sex. Paul did that. Moses did that. You or some sick GLBT movement know better?

Good luck before God one-day. I thank God everyday for removing my butch unGodly girlfriend and replacing her with a feminine Godly wife. Men are simply NOT attracted to butch woman. And woman are simply not attracted to feminine men. You should be able to grasp this even more so with your belief in evolution. Millions of years of evolution has moulded woman into the strong sensitive being they are. You want millions of years of evolution to be undone in one or two decades? You don't grasp evolution?
So you finally accept evolution?

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
snr5557 said:
So you finally accept evolution?
You always reply so soon :).

:D I have always accepted evolution. Stupid parents bring up stupid children. Stupid lecturers pass stupid students. Stupid leaders sign off stupid science. Stupidity has been with us from day 1 and caused our thinking to evolve from God created all in an instant (Adam) to we come from a flatworm :D. This stupidity in the world is driven by natural selection. It is the order of the stupid. Selfish people and bullies are stupid. The stupid are too stupid to know they stupid and they are always in the majority.

On this subject I think we are in kind of an agreement. In that woman and men are 'different' beings ;).

snr5557

Jan 19, 2014
KingJ said:
You always reply so soon :).

:D I have always accepted evolution. Stupid parents bring up stupid children. Stupid lecturers pass stupid students. Stupid leaders sign off stupid science. Stupidity has been with us from day 1 and caused our thinking to evolve from God created all in an instant (Adam) to we come from a flatworm :D. This stupidity in the world is driven by natural selection. It is the order of the stupid. Selfish people and bullies are stupid. The stupid are too stupid to know they stupid and they are always in the majority.

On this subject I think we are in kind of an agreement. In that woman and men are 'different' beings ;).
Well good. Although I think your reasoning for accepting it is wrong, I'm glad we're on the same page.

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I must be the intelligent one. I mean to say from goo to you via the zoo. How stupid is that.