What can I do to be happy again?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dougishere

Jan 12, 2012
Illinois
I have a mental disorder. It hurts me. I suffer from this everyday for 13 years. I have a friend who said she believes I will be healed, that I have been healed, it's a faith journey. I can't put up with it any longer. It brings such confusion. Don't say it's the devil who makes confusion, even though that is true - I believe Christ took care of the devil at Calvary. In my case is my corrupt flesh in the form of the illness. What can I do to be happy again?

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I have a mental disorder. It hurts me. I suffer from this everyday for 13 years. I have a friend who said she believes I will be healed, that I have been healed, it's a faith journey. I can't put up with it any longer. It brings such confusion. Don't say it's the devil who makes confusion, even though that is true - I believe Christ took care of the devil at Calvary. In my case is my corrupt flesh in the form of the illness. What can I do to be happy again?

I think the best road to happiness is to forsake happiness. The more you chase after it...the faster it will run from you.

Begin by rejoicing in all things! Yes...even to your own hurt. You could still become a great person in the kingdom for ever. Show the world the best a person can do in your situation. Cast your cares on the Lord for He cares for you.

Sometimes our condition protects us from a graver condition. God knows us and knows what is best for us. Trust the Lord.

Rejoice in the Lord always! :)

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mental illness is really difficult.

Often people who struggle with mental illness have a difficult time achieving any balance in their lives.

Working towards developing a routine in your day can really help. Prayer, healthy diet, regular meals, and exercise are all important. Also, involving yourself in an interesting hobby that you can turn to everyday.

Do you have ways of soothing yourself when your anxiety is overwhelming? It could be some music - a favorite movie?

biggandyy

I am here to help...
Oct 11, 2011
SWPA
My son has autism and there are days happiness flees him like cockraoches from the light. And there are days his mirth is absolutely contagious. Whatever the day, glad or despair, his challenges are the same.

On either occasion when I ask him about his mood he tells me, "Because I decided to be happy today" or "Because I decided to be sad today".

That's as close as I can tell you about that, my vicarious experience through my boy.

Reactions: Angelina

Hollyrock

Nov 17, 2011
USA
I think the best way to be happy again is to first find out why you're not happy. A mental disorder does not define you...you are defined by the finished work of Christ on the Cross. It helps also to be filled with the Holy Spirit whom is full of joy.

Phillip

Jan 2, 2012
I think that worshipping Jesus is the cure for any maliday.
He's perfectly healed me, though my body is still a wreck, that doesn't matter. For His strength can only be made perfect in my weakness. So I glory in my infirmities that the power of Christ may rest upon me (2 Cor 12:9)

Lively Stone

Jan 15, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I have suffered with depression and as a King's kid, I have learned that even in gloom, I can have the joy of the Lord. Happiness is a fleeting emotion, but joy resides in the heart of those who belong to Jesus. Even when I am sad, I have His joy. His joy is my strength, as the bible tells us.

Emotional or mental disorders are still illnesses and if we belong to Christ, we have His authority over them. We must keep a guard over our mouths and be careful what we speak. If we speak illness, we shall see it. If we speak health and victory in Christ, we shall see that.

Use the authority Jesus has given you and cast out that infirmity within you, then praise the Lord and worship Him with all you've got and begin to walk in new health and vigor, no matter what anyone is telling you, including the enemy of your soul, who wants to keep you in subjection to it.