What Chrisitan Expression Are You?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Which Expression Are You?

• Presbyterian

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Reformed

• Roman Catholic

• Eastern Orthodox

• Pentecostal

• Holiness Movement

• Pentecostal-Holiness

• Charismatic Movement

• Non-denominational

• Apostolic/ Oneness Pentecostal

• Lutheran

• Anglican

• Mixed Denominational

• Quaker

• Other

• Total voters

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Keep talking.... Let it be a witness.

lawrance

Mar 30, 2011
It seems to me that the Catholic Church claims all Prodestants are actually Catholic. They are just "protestors" and rebellious children. Now.... I'm about to unload on Mr. Rosenberger.... I won't do it soon, I'll let myself cool off.... But I will document what he said....

" I am maybe some sort of a follower of St Francis of Assisi that is the best thing i can refer to as some sort of denomination thing if you like.
I think denominations are all bull.
As there is only The Catholic Church and every other thing is just a load of rubbish! and no one can deny that fact! or if they do they have no idea what the word Catholic means.
As to the Bible one should know the history of how it came about, or one could get off track. and believe such rubbish like some say they are Bible believing ? as if some others are not ?
Even the Devil him self will use the Bible to his own ends as he knows it very well indeed. "

Oh.... Let the wild rumpus start!
Go cool of mate! temper temper old son ha!
Hate is blindness bro!
I will help you add to your fire power bro as i would not give any denomination one red cent but i would just say that Jesus Christ only wants you to be in him and any thing other than that is just your !!!!!! foolish ego of good works. Anyone who gives money to any cause, is not what Christ wanted at all as it has noting to do with what Christ wants from us.
So get you filthy money place it in your teeth and place it in a cow patty.
Money grabbing lying power mad bastards denominations make me sick!

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It seems to me that the Catholic Church claims all Prodestants are actually Catholic. They are just "protestors" and rebellious children. Now.... I'm about to unload on Mr. Rosenberger.... I won't do it soon, I'll let myself cool off.... But I will document what he said....

" I am maybe some sort of a follower of St Francis of Assisi that is the best thing i can refer to as some sort of denomination thing if you like.
I think denominations are all bull.
As there is only The Catholic Church and every other thing is just a load of rubbish! and no one can deny that fact! or if they do they have no idea what the word Catholic means.
As to the Bible one should know the history of how it came about, or one could get off track. and believe such rubbish like some say they are Bible believing ? as if some others are not ?
Even the Devil him self will use the Bible to his own ends as he knows it very well indeed. "

Oh.... Let the wild rumpus start!

Well, i have always been a sucker for a good rumpus! I think Catholics look at Christianity from a historical perspective...we recognize where Protestantism came from......unfortunately, we also fail to recognize that Protestantism has matured and come into its own expression of Christiaanity. Evangelicalism, Pentecostalism, and Emergant Churches are good examples.

brionne

May 31, 2010
Australia
some of us are just sick of the heathen elements christianity adopted

Let the bible speak and we will be united.

biggandyy

I am here to help...
Oct 11, 2011
SWPA
This is where it is frustrating to be a Christian Rationalist. Do you all think that denominations sprung out of the ground directly from the mind of the Enemy? That is a childish and uninformed view. Whether denominations are valid or not is a moot point since they do exist and do exist for a historical reason.

Most of the classic denominations arose from a clear and reasoned debate that could not be reconciled between believers, or arose because error crept into the existing congregations and a fracturing of the denomination was inevitable. That is not to say all denominations derive their validity from theological underpinnings. Take, for instance, the Northern and Southern Baptists. That schism was artificially created by politics (the slavery issue), not theology.

However, the original Protestant schism was on valid reasons, and not to form a new denominational hierarchy. Reforms were sought after in the Roman Church where legitimate abuses were discovered, those abuses Biblically verified, and reasonably addressed by the Reformers. But a hard line stance was taken by the Romanist ecclesiology against the persons rather than the issues and the results are what we are left with today.

So be careful when waving a dismissive hand at denominations. All you are really doing is waving your hands in the air proclaiming, "I have no understanding of history nor any inclination to alter that deficiency."

Reactions: Angelina

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Go cool of mate! temper temper old son ha!
Hate is blindness bro!
I will help you add to your fire power bro as i would not give any denomination one red cent but i would just say that Jesus Christ only wants you to be in him and any thing other than that is just your !!!!!! foolish ego of good works. Anyone who gives money to any cause, is not what Christ wanted at all as it has noting to do with what Christ wants from us.
So get you filthy money place it in your teeth and place it in a cow patty.
Money grabbing lying power mad bastards denominations make me sick!

Wow! All I can do is shake my head and laugh! Mr. Rosenberger, a lot of the things you've charged against Protestants (and I don't consider myself one.... I do not belong to any denomination, nor was I ever Catholic to begin with) the Catholic Church is also guilty of. Foolish ego of good works? The Roman Catholic Church doesn't fit that description too? They don't want money? They've started false doctrines in order to make money.

All Protestant Churches have their darkness, but the Catholic Church has them all beat! They've started wars, had inquisitions which make any Protestant inquistions look like ants next to elephants and a long list of other things which could take up plenty of time to cover.

lawrance

Mar 30, 2011
This is where it is frustrating to be a Christian Rationalist. Do you all think that denominations sprung out of the ground directly from the mind of the Enemy? That is a childish and uninformed view. Whether denominations are valid or not is a moot point since they do exist and do exist for a historical reason.

Most of the classic denominations arose from a clear and reasoned debate that could not be reconciled between believers, or arose because error crept into the existing congregations and a fracturing of the denomination was inevitable. That is not to say all denominations derive their validity from theological underpinnings. Take, for instance, the Northern and Southern Baptists. That schism was artificially created by politics (the slavery issue), not theology.

However, the original Protestant schism was on valid reasons, and not to form a new denominational hierarchy. Reforms were sought after in the Roman Church where legitimate abuses were discovered, those abuses Biblically verified, and reasonably addressed by the Reformers. But a hard line stance was taken by the Romanist ecclesiology against the persons rather than the issues and the results are what we are left with today.

So be careful when waving a dismissive hand at denominations. All you are really doing is waving your hands in the air proclaiming, "I have no understanding of history nor any inclination to alter that deficiency."
That is what you think and that's all.
I am not a RC but i was a protestant and i did have faith in what they said, but when looking into it all i found only a said story of fools jumping up and down about things they have no idea what they are talking about.

I went out to attack the R Catholic with all the information i had and as i put forward each one forward to attack i had to walk away looking like a stupid foolish dense dolt. as i found out i had no idea what the true Catholic position was.

As it was all mainly just lies the protestants were pushing, they are just simpletons that push a lot of senseless garbage on the masses as it is just a sad shame that they are happy to slander anything for there so called church, bagging Mary etc oh yes they nearly had me fooled to reject Mary or just to put her aside under and out of the way, and it took me a long time to fully understand that truth in her, an i use to scoff at her.
And oh yes a lot of RC are hopelessly lost in a lot of bull to.
And some protestants are fantastic in Christ.

Wow! All I can do is shake my head and laugh! Mr. Rosenberger, a lot of the things you've charged against Protestants (and I don't consider myself one.... I do not belong to any denomination, nor was I ever Catholic to begin with) the Catholic Church is also guilty of. Foolish ego of good works? The Roman Catholic Church doesn't fit that description too? They don't want money? They've started false doctrines in order to make money.

All Protestant Churches have their darkness, but the Catholic Church has them all beat! They've started wars, had inquisitions which make any Protestant inquistions look like ants next to elephants and a long list of other things which could take up plenty of time to cover.
I know all about it bro.
But some dipstick that seen a TV show and runs around saying he knows it all is just a joke as some of the fools that are just [edited by the mod] into the wind on the subject. maybe they are claiming they could of done better ? in hindsight. HA!

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA

Well said.

Israel suffered from the same working of 'divisions', mainly because of turning away from God and His commandments. We should never forget Christ's and His Apostle's warnings of the 'wolves in sheep's clothing' that creep in and try to keep us divided. So if we all... stick to what God's Word says, that's going to mean some things every denomination teaches that has nothing to do with God's Word, will be uncovered as a working from another spirit, and not of God. So if an idea is proven false by sticking to God's Word, then such ideas should be held suspect, regardless of the Christian denomination, or even 'congregation' locality.