What Christians must do to inherit eternal life

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Madad21

Boast in Christ
Dec 28, 2013
evangelist-7 said:
Sure I do.
And it is what all the women on Christian forums say.
IMO, because they emotionally only look at themselves, i.e. their situation.

But, I iz talking about all BACs everywhere in the world.

Ask any pastor, and he will testify of knowing at least one bona fide BAC who fell away and did not come back.
And obviously that (plus the OSAS doctrine) are what all of the many warnings are all about.
Are you calling me a woman? :rolleyes:

So you lost your "endurance" argument and now you have reverted to name calling.....sad (and sexist, Jesus has men and women as equals in the body)

There are many very switched on ladies on this forum and I thank God for their insight, much more in depth then this irrational drivel coming from you I must say.

But if you feel the pathetic need to call in to question my masculinity then go ahead, whatever blows your hair back.

Your argument about "bona fide" Born Agains who never came back, truly a sorry rebuttal, strawman in fact in its purpose.

Why dont you man up yourself and show me how what I have said had apparently nothing to do in relation to Born again Christians.
If you do I bet I can show you a forum full of Born again Christians who disagree with you.

One thing has become painfully apparent though, you believe that Its your close adherence to Christs commands that ensures your salvation. (psst your in trouble then)

Im sorry but I think we have had our quota of New Testament Pharisees for this month,.

I said If we love Jesus we follow his commands.

You cant love Jesus and not follow its impossible, its Christs Spirit in you that drives it. how was that wrong?, please tell me in your best scholarly voice. I would like to hear it sir.

because Guess what...If someone says they love Jesus but they purposely live as the secular worldly do, they never actually loved Jesus, they loved the world,

And if someone is teaching that its by way of living according to Christ commandments that you are saved, then they dismiss the crucifixion and hang themselves on the cross in His place.

We Love Jesus because he provides hope, through MERCY and GRACE and so we want to be like him because He is where our hearts are.

Wha'do'ya say lady's!!!

"If you love me, keep my commands"!!
(John 14:15)
Girl Power!!

RANDOR

Fishin Everyday
Apr 13, 2014
HEAVEN
evangelist-7 said:
Sure I do.
And it is what all the women on Christian forums say.
IMO, because they emotionally only look at themselves, i.e. their situation.

But, I iz talking about all BACs everywhere in the world.

Ask any pastor, and he will testify of knowing at least one bona fide BAC who fell away and did not come back.
And obviously that (plus the OSAS doctrine) are what all of the many warnings are all about.
Ok Ok Ok Ok...................I just had to jump in here....................finally figured out what BAC meant......actually had to ask my wife.

It's better that you never knew me...than have known me and walked away...... think I read that in a book somewhere....but never really understood it.

But this I do understand...................I think..........well maybe I don't......good grief...ok...........here goes.

That dude you talked about could not have been born again...............NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!! Natha........Impossible.

Now...lets just say he was......hypotheticalllly..........i feel sorry for him....why??????????????

If he doesn't how to battle his adversary...........ya know the one we all have.

Then his war is the war of the worlds on his shoulders.........

Dear heavenly Father I pray for this man............give him strength to fight...........help him fight.....now Father.....not later.......touch him, bring him back this second............and satan Stand Down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've also seen many say the sinners prayer.........and go right back to their old life...............but God knows their heart.
And since He knows your heart..................I do believe He knows if ya be serious or not.

I always ask....how bad do you want to meet God?...........
But...what I have always seen................is those who are about to kick the chair away..........tears flooding the legs.......
God.....please...please....help me.......I don't want to die....please!

WAM BAM!...............SWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH!!!!!!!!!!!! LOVE ENTERS....the rope turns to silk...the chair...a cloud....lowering into a sea of tears.......knees boldly hitting the ground.............arms raised............praising now the one who was called upon.

Like a stuck record...........THANK YOU JESUS...THANK YOU JESUS...THANK YOU JESUS...THANK YOU JESUS...THANK YOU JESUS!

A WARRIOR HAS NOW BEEN BIRTHED!
Thus.........Born Again
Now................How can you walk away from that?...................
YOU CAN'T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
evangelist-7 said:
I have seen it too

And guess why

A lot of those genuine christian believers were given endless lists of legalistic rules to follow , it is impossible to do , so they felt like failures and gave up and walked away

Even then , I bet they will be in heaven with us.... the legalists on the other hand , well I am not so sure , because they themselves cannot get it all correct .... so they go and poison the waters for everyone else

That is why I stand by what I said earlier .... when someone like you comes along with your lengthy list of rules and requirements I ask that you go down the list , every single item , and tell everybody here exactly how you fulfill them in your everyday life.

You have not even attempted to do so and I am calling your bluff !!!!

And if you are not able to do it , what justification do you have to insist anyone else can ?

We are all ears. Defend your position

shturt678

Feb 9, 2013
South Point, Hawaii (Big Island)
shturt678 said:

Thank you folks for caring!

Only a head's up - Jn.3:16 is a summation where John assumes one was "born again" waaay back in Jn.3:3, 5 God's way. Throw in a little contrition (repentance) in, ie, "faith" effected through repentance then we're on our Lord's way. It does pain me to have to throw in the mix Jn.15:6 where one may not awake in the place their Pastor promised??? I hope that Pastor can find a good hiding place in hell??? Other's will be looking for him for sure, ie, plenty of time.

Old Jack
I'll push back just a little more with what we need to do as a team, ie, Acts10:35, working righteousness." The sinner does righteousness when he repents, and a mark of this condition of righteousness is daily contrition and repentance - punching the body out (ICor.9:26-27).

Old Jack getting too pushy.

btw if I recall our Lord said that our name can and will be removed out the Lamb's Book of Life, Ps.69:28; Rev.3:5 for some reason or reasons?

John Zain

Newbie trainee
Sep 16, 2010
San Diego, CA
shturt678 said:
I'll push back just a little more with what we need to do as a team, ie, Acts10:35, working righteousness."
The sinner does righteousness when he repents,
and a mark of this condition of righteousness is daily contrition and repentance -
punching the body out (ICor.9:26-27).

Old Jack getting too pushy.

btw if I recall our Lord said that our name can and will be removed out the Lamb's Book of Life,
Ps.69:28; Rev.3:5 for some reason or reasons?
Old Jack, you're a million miles over their heads,
but I encourage you to put Truth over popularity.
They also understand nothing I've said.
Just like they don't understand God's warnings.
Especially since some of them are very tactfully wrapped inside edifying encouraging exhortations.
Like my favorite ... Romans 6 ... Good Luck seeing what Paul was actually saying to dem.
What dey duz understand are the feel-good sermons they hear in their churches.
They who have spiritual eyes let them see!

Yup, it's high time someone started a thread entitled:

FORGET YOUR BIASES & FALSE DOCTRINES
AND SEE WHAT THE SCRIPTURES REALLY SAY!

Maybe Old Jack has time?

RANDOR

Fishin Everyday
Apr 13, 2014
HEAVEN

I agree............as long as it's Jesus doin the teachin............and not man......thinkin he's teachin Jesus.
For the spirit we have recieved...thank God.............discerns for us to battle against.......or, kick back and enjoy.
The teaching that is :)

zeke25

May 18, 2014
Western USA
To: Evangelist-7,
I'm still confused. Please tell me again which Scripture tells me that I can lose eternal life? Because if it is eternal it cannot be lost. Please, just one verse. It's late at night and I'm old. (BTW I know you can't do it). I don't care about testimonies of pastors and churches about born-agains falling away - these testimonies are worthless. I need a Scripture - just one verse. I haven't seen one yet in your long list. Maybe I missed it. Pull it out, polish it up, and please serve it to me again, just one.

Madad21

Boast in Christ
Dec 28, 2013
evangelist-7 said:
Especially since some of them are very tactfully wrapped inside edifying encouraging exhortations.
Like my favorite ... Romans 6 ... Good Luck seeing what Paul was actually saying to dem.

Maybe Old Jack has time?
The fact that you wont confront me with scripture or at all gives me good insight in to the type of person Im dealing with.
I have put up arguments directly from scripture, if what you say is "truth" then you should nave no trouble defending yourself against the things I say using scripture.

But instead you have tucked your tail firmly between your legs and run off making a lot of noise on the way. (re your above mindless rant)

The sign of a heretic is someone you confront with the gospel and they run away.
And I can see the dust rising high in the air after last night.

You cant call my good friend Jack smart and then ask him to be completely inane in the next sentence. (apparently you thought he was on your side for a moment there)

Truth over popularity?
You pick out a handful of scriptures completely ignore the rest of the gospel and call it truth?
This is called heresy my friend and you have made yourself guilty of it.

What is popularity?

According to you its doctrine, meaning those who go to Church and hear the good news are being mislead.
But we all know sitting in a church doesnt make you saved and neither does distorting the truth I might add.
However if you have a heart for Christ you seek him earnestly in his word and in prayer, church for that person isnt confined to an hour a week, we live and breath his word everyday, because we believe Jesus when he said "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you." (Matthew 7:7)

Those of us who truly seek are we being lied to by Jesus when he says You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.” (John 14:14) ????
Or if he asks for an egg, will give him a scorpion?” (Luke 11:12)

I can feel you cringing as I use the Gospel to back what is plain to everyone. I would like to point out that it is Christs words you are cringing at.

So what is the truth

You said "AND SEE WHAT THE SCRIPTURES REALLY SAY!

while your dishing it out we would like to hear it and like our new friend zeke25 just pointed out try and argue from scripture this time.
I made it clear to you so has Randor and Arnie and zeke25 and Jack and stanj

Now Ive had to use beginner scriptures to correct you sir, you may think you are advanced but your still in dire need of milk. (have you met Jesus?)

Bible 101. What did Jesus announce at the beginning of his ministry? he quoted Isaiah the prophet

Luke 4:18
"The Spirit of the Lord is on me, because he has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners and recovery of sight for the blind, to set the oppressed free,”

Did you get that very last bit, I will repeat it because I know you skipped it "to set the oppressed free,”

​Im sorry evangelist-7 but your religion has no place among Christians who believe in the mercy of Christ as well as obedience to him, you need to repent and stop teaching the opposite or Im afraid you will find yourself in the same boat as the ones who have walked away.

Because you are right "many will say Lord Lord." Do you really want to be one of them?

shturt678

Feb 9, 2013
evangelist-7 said:

Maybe Old Jack has time?
Thank you for your response and caring!

It's appalling to me when I cannot even understand my own posts at too many times. I have nothing if I cannot convey over to another even to those that are of a lower paygrade than myself. In all seriousness if it wasn't for ICor.1:27 & Eph.1:10, 11 if I can recall correctly (get passages in error at times), our Lord would have given me over long ago even as a new Christian - idiot and wretch let alone ignorance. When waaay back supposed scholars of Greek and Hebew put me on their ignore list phone wise to emails, I knew who I needed to fellowship with fulfilling Heb.10:25 or so, ie, other ICor.1:27ers for openers.

Don't get me wrong, appreciate you my brother and your fellowshipping,

Old Jack

williemac

Apr 29, 2012
Canada
Re: Math.7:21-23. The op uses this as the basis for expanding the requirement to the degree that we are now apparently getting eternal life as a reward for our works. The first part of the passage says that those who do the will of God enter in to the kingdom. So the author of the op, and so many others, simply declare all the things that they feel Jesus was referring to in His one statement.." do the will of God".

There are many things that could be put under the category of the will of God. But did Jesus say "all" things that are His will? Or was He just speaking about the thing in regards to attaining eternal life? Was it a broad and all encompassing mention of His will, or was it merely His will concerning that one thing...to enter the kingdom? I say that because there are several places that speak of His will for us in regards to that purpose, not the least of which is John 3:16.

One important clue in the passage at hand is the last part, where Jesus says " I never knew you". Note the word "never". It implies that the person had never received the new birth or the Spirit in the first place. Jesus did not say " I used to know you", or " I once knew you". He said NEVER.

And for those who were never born again, they will be judged according to the law. And the law declares all who are under it to be practicers of lawlessness. We need to put 2 and 2 together, here. John 17:3 is a declaraion of what eternal life is..."that they may know you, the one true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent".

Another helpful passage is 1Cor.8:3, where Paul states that if anyone loves God, this one is also known by God. All the N.T. passages in regards to loving God reveal that our love for Him is seen by how we treat our brother, our fellow man. Jesus will also say..." inasmuch as you did it to the least of these, you did it to Me".

Love does not seek its own. This is an important factor. This is the difference between love and works of self righteousness. It is in the motive. Doing things for self benefit is the same as seeking its own.

What I mean by that is this: If one is doing things as a believer for the primary purpose of ensuring his own destiny, he is seeking his own benefit. How is this love? It is self love. Again, the difference between works/salvation and faith/salvation is found in the reason or motive for what we do. Jesus did say that he who seeks to save his own life (motive) will lose it.

We do all what we do as believers because we have everlasting life, not in order to attain it. We cannot mix these two together. The Galatians did that and were extremely rebuked. Justification is by faith alone. This is the will of God...that we believe on His Son for everlasting life. This is found in John 5:24, John 6:47, John 3:16, 1John 3:23, and so on and so forth. These passages are not meant to be added to or challanged. They are absolute truth.

Madad21

Boast in Christ
Dec 28, 2013
williemac said:
Re: Math.7:21-23. The op uses this as the basis for expanding the requirement to the degree that we are now apparently getting eternal life as a reward for our works. The first part of the passage says that those who do the will of God enter in to the kingdom. So the author of the op, and so many others, simply declare all the things that they feel Jesus was referring to in His one statement.." do the will of God".

There are many things that could be put under the category of the will of God. But did Jesus say "all" things that are His will? Or was He just speaking about the thing in regards to attaining eternal life? Was it a broad and all encompassing mention of His will, or was it merely His will concerning that one thing...to enter the kingdom? I say that because there are several places that speak of His will for us in regards to that purpose, not the least of which is John 3:16.

One important clue in the passage at hand is the last part, where Jesus says " I never knew you". Note the word "never". It implies that the person had never received the new birth or the Spirit in the first place. Jesus did not say " I used to know you", or " I once knew you". He said NEVER.

And for those who were never born again, they will be judged according to the law. And the law declares all who are under it to be practicers of lawlessness. We need to put 2 and 2 together, here. John 17:3 is a declaraion of what eternal life is..."that they may know you, the one true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent".

Another helpful passage is 1Cor.8:3, where Paul states that if anyone loves God, this one is also known by God. All the N.T. passages in regards to loving God reveal that our love for Him is seen by how we treat our brother, our fellow man. Jesus will also say..." inasmuch as you did it to the least of these, you did it to Me".

Love does not seek its own. This is an important factor. This is the difference between love and works of self righteousness. It is in the motive. Doing things for self benefit is the same as seeking its own.

What I mean by that is this: If one is doing things as a believer for the primary purpose of ensuring his own destiny, he is seeking his own benefit. How is this love? It is self love. Again, the difference between works/salvation and faith/salvation is found in the reason or motive for what we do. Jesus did say that he who seeks to save his own life (motive) will lose it.

We do all what we do as believers because we have everlasting life, not in order to attain it. We cannot mix these two together. The Galatians did that and were extremely rebuked. Justification is by faith alone. This is the will of God...that we believe on His Son for everlasting life. This is found in John 5:24, John 6:47, John 3:16, 1John 3:23, and so on and so forth. These passages are not meant to be added to or challanged. They are absolute truth.
Thanks for this man I really enjoyed reading this, beautifully written with a brilliant approach.

John Zain

Newbie trainee
Sep 16, 2010
San Diego, CA
Heads Up ...

To those requesting to see Scripture verses that warn of losing salvation, eternal life, etc.
you can find 31 of them in all their glory in post #1.

You might enjoy choosing one and showing why it should be disqualified from being on the list.

zeke25

May 18, 2014
Western USA
evangelist-7 said:
Heads Up ...

To those requesting to see Scripture verses that warn of losing salvation, eternal life, etc.

You might enjoy choosing one and showing why it should be disqualified from being on the list.
I told you you couldn't do it. You gave me over 50 Scriptures and said 31 of them apply to one losing eternal life, which is unloseable.

Well, you have made a fatal flaw in your logic. You said I can find 31 of them to apply and to pick one and tell you why it should be disqualified. I looked them all over and there is not a single one that applies to one losing eternal salvation. So, just because your imagination tells you that one of those applies, doesn't mean that it is so. How can I explain why it is disqualified from being on the list, if I cannot even find one on the list at all? Simple answer, you have asked for the impossible to be done.

So, since it is so easy for you to see an applicable Scripture to your false claim, then please, tell me which one you pick. I can explain any one that you pick, if you will just identify it.

Let me make it simpler. Let's say you saw 50 Indians on a ridge in the old west. Then you turn to me and say, but 31 of them are really cowboys. Now tell me why any one of those 31 cowboys should be considered an Indian. So, I look on the same ridge and see 50 Indians but no cowboys. So, how do I answer you question, except to say you are having vision problems, because there are no cowboys up on the ridge at all. You are going to need to be more specific. Point out a cowboy for me please. Starting from left to right, is it number 1, or 2, or whatever.

RANDOR

Fishin Everyday
Apr 13, 2014
HEAVEN
I hope these scriptures in your intent were to edify us and not condemn us.

When people come to know Christ as their Savior, they are brought into a relationship with God that guarantees their salvation as eternally secure. Numerous passages of Scripture declare this fact. Those scriptures you gave.....are common since to the born again Christian....for he would never do those things. You must be speaking of someone who thinks they are a Christian....and are really not...otherwise being led by satan

Roman 8:30 declares, "And those He predestined, He also called; those He called, He also justified; those He justified, He also glorified." This verse tells us that from the moment God chooses us, it is as if we are glorified in His presence in heaven. There is nothing that can prevent a believer from one day being glorified because God has already purposed it in heaven. Once a person is justified, his salvation is guaranteed - he is as secure as if he is already glorified in heaven.

Paul asks two crucial questions in Roman's 8:33-34 "Who will bring any charge against those whom God has chosen? It is God who justifies. Who is he that condemns? Christ Jesus, who died more than that, who was raised to life - is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us." Who will bring a charge against God's elect? No one will, because Christ is our advocate. Who will condemn us? No one will, because Christ, the One who died for us, is the one who condemns. We have both the advocate and judge as our Savior.

Believers are born again (regenerated) when they believe . For a Christian to lose his salvation, he would have to be un-regenerated. The Bible gives no evidence that the new birth can be taken away.

The Holy Spirit indwells all believers and baptizes all believers into the Body of Christ. For a believer to become unsaved, he would have to be "un-indwelt" and detached from the Body of Christ.

John 3:15 states that whoever believes in Jesus Christ will "have eternal life." If you believe in Christ today and have eternal life, but lose it tomorrow, then it was never "eternal" at all. Hence if you lose your salvation, the promises of eternal life in the Bible would be in error.

For the most conclusive argument, Scripture says it best itself, "For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord" (Romans 8:38-39). Remember the same God who saved you is the same God who will keep you. Once we are saved we are always saved. Our salvation is most definitely eternally secure!

So if you have a heart for the lost.....you would not want anyone as God did to lose their salvation.
But...................if anyone does lose their salvation.....they didn't have it to lose in the first place.

satan is a tricksteer...................oh----see you lost your salvation.......

satan is a liar.................and that's all he can do is lie..........
the scriptures you have given are for teaching.......but of course.

You will know that you know that you are saved. if you truly don't know this then pretty sure you're not.

It's like when ask someone if the are going to Heaven................ or Paradise according to Stan.
And they answer....gee I sure hope so..................I lament they are not.

Goin to church on Sunday..........................do ya call that fishin?

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
evangelist-7 said:
Heads Up ...

You continue to display the attributes of a slippery serpent

You continually avoid telling us exactly how you keep all those rules in your personal life.

I suspect you are unable

And applying your own criteria to your own life makes your own salvation precarious

That puts you in a position of having a serious dilemma

Trying to shift your rules onto our backs will not help you

Best wishes as you sort that out.

ajdiamond

Aug 18, 2011
Minnesota
Perhaps it would be beneficial if we double-check to make sure we understand what eternal life actually is. Many seem to believe eternal life is, something like, a span of existence that goes on forever. Yet, most doctrine says that man, by virtue of being born, by default, will exist forever in heaven or hell after death. Hmmm. Fortunate for us, Jesus tells us explicitly what eternal life entails:

John 17:3 And this is eternal life, that they know you the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent.

This knowing is by communion. For some, they "know" their god the same way they "know" Tom Cruise, Harry Potter and Charlie Chaplin. Intellectually. Acquiring information and believing certain information about the True God doesn't mean one knows the True God. Knowing is by communion with Christ who is one with the True God.

Those who hunger and thirst for communion with the True God should take heed of Jesus' words in John 5:39-40:

You search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life...yet ye will not come to me, that ye might have that life.

What Jesus is saying is that some search the bible, thinking that by accepting certain words, that by believing certain verses, they convince themselves that they have eternal life. They accept certain statements about a historical Jesus and think that by believing them they have eternal life, heaven, salvation, etc. They choose an intellectual conceit and live therein. And do not come to Christ within them to partake of that divine nature and divine Eternal Life. And, that is OK. We leave them to it.

Now, I address those who long for the Real, who hunger and thirst to Know the Father, the One True God, and the Christ, the Son of God, whom He hath sent. Jesus taught always about the kingdom of God, the pearl of great price, a treasure buried in a field, leaven buried in the loaves. And he eventually had to flat out tell us that the kingdom of God was within us. Communion with the True God happens within you. It's all within you. You cannot commune with a god that is out there, somewhere, separate from you. In the One True God, we all Live and move and have our Being.

I would be remiss if I didn't give you a practical help, sincere one. RIGHT NOW, whatever arises within you as you read this post; whatever thoughts and feelings and emotion that come up in reaction to this post is what you need to deal with to work out your salvation. These are things you hold that you have chosen in the past that hinder you from knowing the Real, today. Whatever arises, work with it. Take responsibility for whatever arises and shirk not way in guilt, shame or fear. Take the thoughts captive and see their origin. Face them so that you can change your mind, as "change your mind" is what repentance is all about. Focus your attention into the feelings and emotion that arise. Face them and fear not. As you work, if something appears in vision, engage in the vision. Loose the thought and emotion, let the held energy diffuse, as loosing is a key to the kingdom of God within you.

Madad21

Boast in Christ
Dec 28, 2013
ajdiamond said:
Now, I address those who long for the Real, who hunger and thirst to Know the Father, the One True God, and the Christ, the Son of God, whom He hath sent. Jesus taught always about the kingdom of God, the pearl of great price, a treasure buried in a field, leaven buried in the loaves. And he eventually had to flat out tell us that the kingdom of God was within us. Communion with the True God happens within you. It's all within you. You cannot commune with a god that is out there, somewhere, separate from you. In the One True God, we all Live and move and have our Being.
Absolutely beautiful and coherent,
I suffer a lot of self-discouragement and self doubt but as I read this those scriptures came to mind, I felt a power rise up in me like a voice saying "You can do this, I am with you"
Thank you for this.

Reactions: ajdiamond

ajdiamond

Aug 18, 2011
Minnesota
Madad21 said:
Absolutely beautiful and coherent,
I suffer a lot of self-discouragement and self doubt but as I read this those scriptures came to mind, I felt a power rise up in me like a voice saying "You can do this, I am with you"
Thank you for this.
OHHH! And if something like That arises within you, REJOICE! He is with you always!

Thanks for your kind words Madad.

shturt678

Feb 9, 2013
What we do to be edified and not condemned after we're in the Kingdom of God (Christians), all having an "enslaved-will" - no "Free-will - Acts 4:28; Eph.1:11), is simply 'hear' also the warnings as in the allegory in Jn.15:1-8 regarding whether or not a believer may be lost. As with brother evangelist-7 as with myself, we have things in the ballpark and other things outside, ie, he made some good points in his OP.

Our Lord only wants us to make sure we're producing "much fruit," ie, not working for our salvation, or just "fruit" being the point of this allegorical forever warning. There is a dark part of the allegory in v.6 that I'll let you scrutinize.

The one that impacted me long ago was Matt.18:23-34 where one will not only end in hell, but in the lower levels of hell - hell is bad enough for forever and ever thus no way would I want to end in the lower levels (Lk.12:45-48 - different levels of hell).

Old Jack just talking out loud again, however one more paygrade up - thank you my brothers and Jesus.

Madad21

Boast in Christ
Dec 28, 2013
shturt678 said:
What we do to be edified and not condemned after we're in the Kingdom of God (Christians), all having an "enslaved-will" - no "Free-will - Acts 4:28; Eph.1:11), is simply 'hear' also the warnings as in the allegory in Jn.15:1-8 regarding whether or not a believer may be lost. As with brother evangelist-7 as with myself, we have things in the ballpark and other things outside, ie, he made some good points in his OP.

Our Lord only wants us to make sure we're producing "much fruit," ie, not working for our salvation, or just "fruit" being the point of this allegorical forever warning. There is a dark part of the allegory in v.6 that I'll let you scrutinize.

The one that impacted me long ago was Matt.18:23-34 where one will not only end in hell, but in the lower levels of hell - hell is bad enough for forever and ever thus no way would I want to end in the lower levels (Lk.12:45-48 - different levels of hell).

Old Jack just talking out loud again, however one more paygrade up - thank you my brothers and Jesus.
Yes as far as the OP goes there was a good point to the matter in which you bring up, and that is faith without deeds (fruit) is dead James 2:17.
By which if there is not a battle raging within every one of us as with Paul's two Laws at odds, then we find ourselves at risk of such pruning.