What do you consider to be the most important chapter in the bible?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Let's share what we consider to be the most important chapters from the bible in our opinions.

I would consider Isa 53 to be the most important. I consider it so because it contains a prophecy about the gospel given 700 years before Jesus fulfilled it. And I consider the gospel message to be the most important message first hinted in the old testament then explicitly stated in the new testament. The death burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ which is the foundation of the gospel by which we are saved.

Reactions: marks

Hepzibah

Aug 13, 2012
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Without a doubt it is Romans 7, the battle-ground of theologians. You fall into one of three camps:

1) An unbeliever, possibly Paul as a Pharisee.

2) A believer who struggles with sin. Most Calvinists are here.

3) A believer who has previously struggled with sin since he was converted, but has reached a crisis, whereby he is convicted of his state of ongoing sin, after the Holy Spirit, often in the presence of a holy believer or a fully saved Christian which convicts him, and sees that his compromise with sin is not acceptable to the Lord.

He cries out "wretched man that I am, who will deliver me?".

The answer comes as he enters Romans 8 and his walk is entirely changed being made free from sin.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let's share what we consider to be the most important chapters from the bible in our opinions.

I would consider Isa 53 to be the most important. I consider it so because it contains a prophecy about the gospel given 700 years before Jesus fulfilled it. And I consider the gospel message to be the most important message first hinted in the old testament then explicitly stated in the new testament. The death burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ which is the foundation of the gospel by which we are saved.
I would look at the twenty-second chapter of Matthew, where Jesus teaches us the two great commandments. And I would look at the fifth chapter of First Thessalonians, where Paul instructs us to "Pray Constantly."

Reactions: lforrest