What do you do about it?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course. I ask him thing all the time and hear answers but not to the question of who to vote for. Both in the general election for members of Parliament and in the locals for members of the town council there is usually a long list of candidates standing to represent our local area - or ward. We choose the person who will best represent us not the party. In the case of Parliamentary seats it is the leader of the party with the most elected members who becomes our Prime Minister. The last PM who came to power this way was Boris Johnson. Since his resignation Liz Truss was voted in by party members and on her resignation our current pm Rishi Sunak was voted in by party members. So the public had no say in that choice. I believe there will be a General election next year - probably spring - and that will be very interesting as Sunak is weak and unpopular.

I appreciate what you are saying and certainly understand how we people tend to think like we do. But again, are we not supposed to listen to Him, and even down to when to turn Him guiding our steps and when to turn to the right or to the left, right?

Is 30: 20,21 Although the Lord has given you bread of privation and water of oppression, He, your Teacher will no longer hide Himself, but your eyes will behold your Teacher. Your ears will hear a word behind you, “This is the way, walk in it,” whenever you turn to the right or to the left.

Ps 44:18 Our heart has not turned back, And our steps have not deviated from Your way,

Rom 4:12 and the father of circumcision to those who not only are of the circumcision, but who also follow in the steps of the faith of our father Abraham which he had while uncircumcised.

Therefore, if He can and desires to guide our step and when we turn to the left and the right, then certainly He can guide us to vote for the person He wants us to vote for, right?

Does that mean He does? Didn't He also give us freewill - yet to what end? And how did Abram decide not only to travel but in what way did Abram travel to where the Lord wanted him to go. Was it not by hearing with faith? So we can read how even Moses and Aaron both went into the desert at the correct time and meet each other in that same desert, but are we having trouble understanding that those Bible stories were meant to show us how to walk with the Lord by faith?

Since God has the plan and is over all things, of what concern is it to me whether there will even be a General counsel election or any election? If the Lord wants one there will be one, or if perhaps a rebellious people not willing to listen to the Lord want to do what they want instead of what He wants, would He then let elections happen and even let the wrong people get elected so as to show us that we need to turn back to Him? So I don't need to know what is going to happen, but I do need to know the Lord and listen to Him!!

And if we listen to Him we (either we as in us personally or we as in our society) will have a leader who hears from the God. Our leader might be The Word of God, Jesus Christ who does and says only what the Father tells Him to do (like I am suggesting we imitate) and then perhaps also the Prime Minister or President depending on the place on this earth we live on.

So tell me honestly - are we doing like Jesus Christ who did and said only what the Father tells Him, or are we just leaning on our own understanding and saying we believe in Him?

For me - it is mostly leaning on my own understanding, but I do seek Him and hear from Him a number of times each day - which is not really good enough! Still, He also once told me that if everyone who lived around me even listen to Him only as much as I do then the worst streets in my area would look at least as nice as the best streets in my area. So we should encourage people (even ourselves) to listen to Him more. don't you think?

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I hear from Him regularly

I ask him thing all the time and hear answers but not to the question

I quoted the above 2 comments from the same person - not because this person is not a person and deserves respect, but because I often tend to think like the above and find it to be a problem for me - but let me explain:

If I take that attitude that I personally 'hear from Him regularly' and so I tell myself 'I ask Him things all the time and hear answers' and even then go on to say "BUT" not to this or that question - then have I not lied even to myself?

You see - I considered that about myself and saw that I do lie to myself about hearing Him regularly and all the time! I do hear from Him, and a number of times (which I believe is usually about a dozen times a day on an average) but can that really be considered 'regularly', and that is certainly not 'all the time'! So as I consider that issue I had to conclude that I am sooooooo far off Jesus Christ, who does in fact do and say only what the Father tell Him. So I see that problem in me, the one who wants to listen and follow Jesus Christ all the time but who can not seem to do so. And my saying "But" not on this confirms my own conclusion about myself - that I am soooooo far off from being Jesus Christ!

Now after confronting this in myself for over 20 years now, I have come to the realization that I am not going to be able to listen to Him "all the time", and my saying that I talk to Him regularly is a matter of interpretation. If feels like I talk to Him "regularly" but not if I actually stop to consider what portion of my day I am actually listening to Him.

Indeed, when I have seriously taken time to consider how often in a day I did pick up something from Him, it might be double the 12 times, yet at the same time I also realize that it should be more like a thousand times a day (like in a constant communication back and forth with Him). Therefore when I tell myself, "BUT" I didn't hear from Him on that thing, it was more like an embarrassment to myself.

Of course I have to just get over the fact that I am not able to keep up a conversation with Him like He can with His Father. I then have to just try and remember to keep seeking Him on what I can get myself to hear for. By doing that I improve how often I hear from Him and I don't also become a liar to myself. That takes some of the pressure to hear from Him off, but the main thing that takes pressure off and encourages me to keep turning back to Him is Him. When I do listen, He seem happy that I do. He calls me His friend, even when I have gotten mad and angry at me. He even tells the angels in heaven that He sends to minister to Me that He considers me both a son of His and a friend of His, and they tell me so also.

So it is that I can and do ask Him about things and get answers. Voting just seems to me to be something I should ask Him on, so I do and get answers. And I am just a person like any other, so if I can honestly look at myself and see how far I fall short of the glory of God (listening and walking in Him all the time) so can others. And if they too do that, why would they think to vote without first seeking Him also? That would only take a moment, right?