What do you pray for?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I like to pray for the salvation of my family and I
I like to pray for the strength and adversity to overcome my challenges, to carry my cross
I like to pray for forgiveness and give praise or thanks

Aside from this i don't pray for much more. I don't like asking God to intervene in this world. I feel rude doing that. He has a plan and who am i to ask him to change his plan to suit me. It also feels like im testing God when i ask him to do something for me in this world or that i can't handle the path iv been given

How about you... What do you like to pray for???

Last edited:

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I ask the Lord for the courage, grace and faith I need to face today.
I pray for my children and grandchildren.
I pray online when the occasion arises.
I pray in the Spirit.
I pray right now that the Spirit of God will continue and increase the Board's members' actions of spurring each other on to good deeds. I ask this in Jesus' name. Amen.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I pray that God may exercise His unfailing love toward my family and I. I pray that God will and purpose may be established in my life and any obstacles removed and doors opened, regardless of what and where they are, in order to accomplish His will.
I do not always witness the miracles that take place in my life. But I know there are many, because where I am today is so far from where I logically should be.
There have been however some startling miracles.
God told me a long time ago not long after I had become a Christian, to move from one town to another. It meant giving up a great deal of what I was currently enjoying. A house in the country, a great well paid job, and some of the best surf in the country. I was to go to a town where I had nowhere to stay, no work, and the surf was negligible.
I left at the end of that week. I was confident in God's Providence. I asked for a specific job at a specific company. I left town on good Friday morning, arriving 5 hours later at my mother's house where I wasn't welcome. When I told her I had given up my Catholic faith and become a Christian, I was even less welcome. I promised I would find a place to stay within a week. In the meantime, I told her God had a job for me. She didn't believe me. That was Friday.
The job I asked for was advertised in the paper Saturday night. I applied Tuesday morning in person, and started Wednesday.
This was God's will, and He inspired the faith to pray according to what He wanted.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I try to remember to first give thanks for the things I have received. I have a car, a computer, a cell phone, food to eat, water to drink. Family and friends. Etc.

After giving thanks I pray God will deliver me and my family from death and hell. That he will deliver us from accident, injury and illness. That he will bless us with long life. Deliver us from drinking too much and bless us with mental health.

I also pray that God will bless me with success in life.

For my enemies I pray God will deliver them to repentance and salvation. Then if he does that they are no longer my enemies.

Ancient

Aug 6, 2021
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I pray that the eyes of my understanding may be opened to understand His word, His teachings, His instructions. My understanding of prayer has changed much. He never ceases to amaze me. If we seek Him we will find Him.

Shalom Friends

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I like to pray for the salvation of my family and I
I like to pray for the strength and adversity to overcome my challenges, to carry my cross
I like to pray for forgiveness and give praise or thanks

Aside from this i don't pray for much more. I don't like asking God to intervene in this world. I feel rude doing that. He has a plan and who am i to ask him to change his plan to suit me. It also feels like im testing God when i ask him to do something for me in this world or that i can't handle the path iv been given

How about you... What do you like to pray for???

I try to follow the model that Jesus gave us in the "Our Father".l I spend time in praise and worship, petition to do and see His will done here. Next I pray for needs I know of both physical and spiritual. Confess sin, pray for strengtrh and end thanking him for th enumerous blessings!

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I pray that God will pour out His anointing and Spirit on me in a greater way so I can win more souls to Christ.

I pray to be closer to God and know His presence well.

I keep a list of prayer topics that include revival, healings, and people who need salvation. I need to add that people will retain their faith and grow once they have it.

GaryAnderson

Aug 10, 2021
Massachusetts
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I pray that Christ has mercy on me, a sinner.
I pray that he allows me in his Kingdom of Heaven.
I pray for my family.
I pray for my health, family’s health, friend’s health.
I pray for the sick, orphans and the widows.
I pray for our country, the president and all civil authorities.
I pray for the church and for my spiritual father.
I pray to the Virgin Mary and Angels for health and salvation.

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it seems everybody wants, and want isn't really a attractive feature. if you know what i mean.

does anyone ask to be more able for Him to do in and through them in the world. like Jesus did, the power of God did in, and through Him. does anybody ask the Lord God what He wants, and that they may be a participant in the fulfillment of what He wants?

King David is a good example of this he didn't pursue the throne like anyone else would, he was kind of boxed into it. but despite his actions and his wealth his first concern was what the Lord his God wanted and wanted of him.

Reactions: Ancient