What gets in the way of your quiet time with God?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If I dare try a cross or walk around with anything religious, I will be beheaded. When I had an earpiece, I listened to gospel music always but now I don't have one and cannot play my music to others hearing
Worshipping God in spirit and truth; these are the ones the Father seeks.....Jesus.

Reactions: Nancy

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wish I can make a video. Mostly, when I ask, they called me scammer. I will love a video call to actually know how fair. It such a cruel life

That shouldn't be difficult for you to do. Maybe just upload to one of your Facebook profiles and link here.

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I did not know that. Which is safest?

This is a point I've been making regarding the many claims of our friend.... Folks need to understand that the civil war that the nation is in is a division of languages and politics primarily. It's not some sort of Muslim persecution of Christians. It's not a Muslim country. It's predominantly a Christian country, though nominally Christian- the way you might say Chicago is nominally a Christian city by inference, not in practice. But the fact is that Christian churches, Christian seminaries (colleges) and a great many Christian ministries openly operate there. Baptist, SDA, LDS, Catholic, Islamic...... pick your poison. You can attend, connect, contribute and continue doing so at any of them.

About 80 per cent of the country speaks French; the rest speaks English. For decades, Francophones and Anglophones lived in relative harmony.

But over the past two years, violence spurred by this linguistic split has brought Cameroon to the brink of civil war. Hundreds have died, close to 500,000 have been displaced, and activists have been rounded up and jailed.
The government claims armed English-speaking separatists who want to create a new nation called Ambazonia have terrorised civilians and attacked government forces, prompting the military to retaliate against them.

If you are from Canada, or know it's history-- it's like an extreme case of the cultural and language conflict in Quebec and between French-speaking Canadians and the rest of English-speaking Canada. In Canada, only about 20% of the population is considered to be primarily French-speaking. When in comes to that one province-- (region) called Quebec-- there, about 85% of the population are French-speaking, first language. At times, this has led to political turmoil, social unrest and even violence in Canada, with periodical attempts to separate this region from the rest of Canada. The Partis Quebecois- separatists as well as the FLQ-- Front de liberation du Quebec were bent on delivering this even through violent means. These French-speaking terrorists attacked, bombed, kidnapped, and even murdered their political opponents as a means to promote their agenda.

But if someone said that the conflict was religious in nature, or racial, or some sort of persecution- that wouldn't be a very accurate description unless you were a part of the small 15% English-speaking minority in Quebec. And if you were? You could always move out and go somewhere else.

Reactions: Nancy and amadeus

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is a point I've been making regarding the many claims of our friend.... Folks need to understand that the civil war that the nation is in is a division of languages and politics primarily. It's not some sort of Muslim persecution of Christians. It's not a Muslim country. It's predominantly a Christian country, though nominally Christian- the way you might say Chicago is nominally a Christian city by inference, not in practice. But the fact is that Christian churches, Christian seminaries (colleges) and a great many Christian ministries openly operate there. Baptist, SDA, LDS, Catholic, Islamic...... pick your poison. You can attend, connect, contribute and continue doing so at any of them.

About 80 per cent of the country speaks French; the rest speaks English. For decades, Francophones and Anglophones lived in relative harmony.

But over the past two years, violence spurred by this linguistic split has brought Cameroon to the brink of civil war. Hundreds have died, close to 500,000 have been displaced, and activists have been rounded up and jailed.
The government claims armed English-speaking separatists who want to create a new nation called Ambazonia have terrorised civilians and attacked government forces, prompting the military to retaliate against them.

If you are from Canada, or know it's history-- it's like an extreme case of the cultural and language conflict in Quebec and between French-speaking Canadians and the rest of English-speaking Canada. In Canada, only about 20% of the population is considered to be primarily French-speaking. When in comes to that one province-- (region) called Quebec-- there, about 85% of the population are French-speaking, first language. At times, this has led to political turmoil, social unrest and even violence in Canada, with periodical attempts to separate this region from the rest of Canada. The Partis Quebecois- separatists as well as the FLQ-- Front de liberation du Quebec were bent on delivering this even through violent means. These French-speaking terrorists attacked, bombed, kidnapped, and even murdered their political opponents as a means to promote their agenda.

But if someone said that the conflict was religious in nature, or racial, or some sort of persecution- that wouldn't be a very accurate description unless you were a part of the small 15% English-speaking minority in Quebec. And if you were? You could always move out and go somewhere else.

You must have aced History in school, I actually failed my freshman year of History. All the dates and names we had to know...and THAT, just American history.
Thanks for the info!

• Haha
Reactions: Mr E

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You must have aced History in school, I actually failed my freshman year of History. All the dates and names we had to know...and THAT, just American history.
Thanks for the info!

While it’s true that I am a history buff, it’s not through formal study. Just as I have little institutional religious training - I’m more of a sponge-learner. I study under Professor and Rabbi Google. I’m Canadian by birth.

Reactions: Nancy and Pearl

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That shouldn't be difficult for you to do. Maybe just upload to one of your Facebook profiles and link here.
Went there. Very enlightening!
All the church forums involved.......sad,sad!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
While it’s true that I am a history buff, it’s not through formal study. Just as I have little institutional religious training - I’m more of a sponge-learner. I study under Professor and Rabbi Google. I’m Canadian by birth.
"sponge learner, lol...I like that one! I have a dog that is a "love sponge" :Happy:

dhmsatx

Jun 21, 2023
San Antonio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I notice I always start the day strong, can keep the contact going through the morning but by afternoon I tend to slip away and forget to pray and consult with God. Evening I reconnect and repeat. I'd like to blame things like work, family life etc. But at the end of the day it's me. I'm thereason. .

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I notice I always start the day strong, can keep the contact going through the morning but by afternoon I tend to slip away and forget to pray and consult with God. Evening I reconnect and repeat. I'd like to blame things like work, family life etc. But at the end of the day it's me. I'm thereason. .
Welcome to the board @dhmsatx
There are going to be those times where we have to concentrate on our jobs, after all we do our Jobs as if we are doing it for the Lord.
The mornings I find are the best and vital part of connecting with God as you are awake and fresh from a night's sleep. When we are tired or our minds get overwhelmed with all the things we must do for our families and ourselves we cannot ask God to take a back seat, so to speak. We should give Him the best parts of our day's while awake and able to devote time to Him alone.
When I'm so tired and worn out mentally, it does not help to try to connect with Him as I'm not giving Him my best! Don't feel guilty, He understands.
In Him.
Nancy

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To the OP. Hello Plavious.

I am what gets in my way in my quiet times with God.
I need to learn to focus solely on him and leave the cares of this life off my mind when in prayer and study.

The enemy comes  only to steal, kill and destroy ; hence the full armor of God is needed every minute of everyday in our lives.