what is a creed and How the christian creeds came about

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The apostles creed was never written by the apostles, lie number one,
it refers to teh holy catholic church, another lie. the church is not holy its deeds confrim that. it is not a christain creed it is a catholic one. I was born and raised on it, confessing a lie, till the truth got a hold of me.

In all His Love

horsecamp

Feb 1, 2008
mjrhealth said:
The apostles creed was never written by the apostles, lie number one,
it refers to teh holy catholic church, another lie. the church is not holy its deeds confrim that. it is not a christain creed it is a catholic one. I was born and raised on it, confessing a lie, till the truth got a hold of me.

In all His Love

its called the Apostles creed because it teaches what they THE APOSTLES knew and taught.. the church is made up of people called by God to be holy -----------------the royal priest hood of all believers that are to as scripture say SPEAK THE PRAISE OF the Trinity who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light.

CATHOLIC SIMPLY MEANS UNIVERSAL.. some church's like mine say Christian church instead of catholic church because it does now days lead to confusion when popes had said their is no salvation out side of the "Roman"
catholic church.

Jesus loves you :)

ps God calls Christians holy in scripture.. for the sake of his Son whose blood washed away our sins from Gods sight.
horsecamp said:
its called the Apostles creed because it teaches what they THE APOSTLES knew and taught.. the church is made up of people called by God to be holy -----------------the royal priest hood of all believers that are to as scripture say SPEAK THE PRAISE OF the Trinity who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light.

CATHOLIC SIMPLY MEANS UNIVERSAL.. some church's like mine say Christian church instead of catholic church because it does now days lead to confusion when popes had said their is no salvation out side of the "Roman"
catholic church.

Jesus loves you :)

ps God calls Christians holy in scripture.. we are perfect in goodness and holiness Because Jesus set aside his God crown and came down doing every thing perfect for us.. and then he washed our sins away past present and future with his own blood . believers stand before God in Jesus perfect record .. and so when the book is opened that tells the deeds what every one has done .. now you know the Jesus perfect record story
that believers stand in..

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It says what it says, and Christ isnt building a universal church, thats not even in the bible. One doent recite creeds when one becomes a part of Him, one simply does what He expects us to do, "Love", everyone. Creeds mean nothing, its all the flesh.

"They worship me with there lips but there hearts are far from me".

In all His Love

horsecamp

Feb 1, 2008
mjrhealth said:
It says what it says, and Christ isnt building a universal church, thats not even in the bible. One doent recite creeds when one becomes a part of Him, one simply does what He expects us to do, "Love", everyone. Creeds mean nothing, its all the flesh.

In all His Love
universal simply means every believer where ever they may be..
the 2 pages on the website I gave explain every thing else .
by your remarks I see you did not go to the link and read the two pages..

the pages are not long when you are in more of a mood for reading ..
you always welcome to visit it,,

by the way what you said is a creed.. its your creed but its still a creed.. :) it told me what you believe..

so evidently deeds of love includes creeds to.. at least your creed ..

smile awhile== Jesus loves you

mjrhealth said:

In all His Love
Lutheran satire presents Creeds are bad
remember Lutheran satire videos are all short videos non I think are longer than 5 min
yet they are not over when you think there over after the writing appears keep watching..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPg0wBP5k6M

day

Aug 2, 2012
Idaho, USA
With most churches accepting the Apostles and Nicene Creeds, why are we so divided? Styles of worship differ but the essentials seem the same.

horsecamp

Feb 1, 2008
day said:
With most churches accepting the Apostles and Nicene Creeds, why are we so divided? Styles of worship differ but the essentials seem the same.
Christians are divided over the bible being all gods word or not was there a 6/ 24 hr day creation or not
Christian people are divided over many very important issues like baptismal regeneration the real presence of Jesus body and blood for the forgiveness of sins in the lord supper.. If we are predestined to faith in Jesus or not. IF some are predestined to hell or not ,,..is there only holy baptism or is there a so called spirit baptism.. also is speaking in tongues still around AND end times
teachings ..also what is worship mostly is it God giving us or is it we giving him. Should the hymns reflect on the bible text pastors sermon and sacraments

or should they just be easy to sing and likable tunes based on subjective feelings..

now use of the liturgy is not mandatory bible teaching..... yet its word are from the bible so
why would any Christian not want the liturgy that reminds them of what Christ has done for them telling of the forgiveness Jesus won for them ..it yells out even to the preacher that the people came to see Jesus and not him SO HE BETTER PREACH Jesus and him crucified and risen for all..
yet a church body does not have to use it its not mandatory bible teaching that they use it..

now the why these other important bible issues divide

Jesus said if You Love me keep my teachings ..

hopeful the division on all sides is over people trying to keep his teachings correctly

and not compromising those teachings..

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Mat_12:25 And Jesus knew their thoughts, and said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and every city or house divided against itself shall not stand:

1Co 1:11 For it hath been declared unto me of you, my brethren, by them which are of the house of Chloe, that there are contentions among you.
1Co 1:12 Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos; and I of Cephas; and I of Christ.
1Co 1:13 Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?

And that is why mans church is not God's, for God is not divided against Himself, neither is His kingdom or our Lords people.

If you want to believe the lie and be a part of the lie, than you must be willing to accept the consequences.

"Come out of her my people, lest you be a partaker of her plagues".

In all His Love

day

Aug 2, 2012
Idaho, USA
horsecamp said:
Christians are divided over the bible being all gods word or not was there a 6/ 24 hr day creation or not
Christian people are divided over many very important issues like baptismal regeneration the real presence of Jesus body and blood for the forgiveness of sins in the lord supper.. If we are predestined to faith in Jesus or not. IF some are predestined to hell or not ,,..is there only holy baptism or is there a so called spirit baptism.. also is speaking in tongues still around AND end times
teachings ..also what is worship mostly is it God giving us or is it we giving him. Should the hymns reflect on the bible text pastors sermon and sacraments
or should they just be easy to sing and likable tunes based on subjective feelings..
Some of the things you list are important like whether the Bible is the word of God, and whether God predestines people to hell. But others are given a false importance.

For example the argument over the body and blood of Jesus in the Sacrament of Communion. Jesus told us to repeat the ceremony as a memorial of his death until he returns. That is our part, the only part we are responsible for. Whether it is actual flesh and blood of Jesus or symbolic of Jesus as the Passover Lamb of God is within God's intention and power, not ours. Arguing over it will have no effect on it. Rather it only divides us. The Church should state that either position is acceptable and leave the rest to God.

The same goes for the length of creation and the age of the earth. What difference does it make to our obligations to God or each other? God instructed us to set aside one day in every seven as a memorial. That is our obligation. How long it actually took is of no spiritual consequence. God has referenced it to a week, that is all we need to know to do as he has asked. The rest is just scientific curiosity, but no reason for division among believers.

The idea that everyone has to worship the same way is another false idea. There is no reason there cannot be "high church" groups like Catholics and Anglicans that follow a set liturgy and use traditional hymns, and "low church" groups like Pentecostal churches that use no liturgy and sing modern refrains, and groups in between like Baptist, Methodist and Quaker. People will go where the worship style best fits their own response to God's action in their lives. Variety in response does not offend God, like it seems to with us.

Too much emphasis has been placed on "right thinking" instead of on what Jesus told us to do - serve God with our whole being, and care for each other. He said we would be able to identify what was false by its fruit. The "right thinking" teaching, carried to excess, has led to the fruit of division and hatred. We need to reconsider our priorities.