What is meant by “The Little Flock”?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perhaps you speak generally of Christians... and certainly they/we have a general work to do, but there is the individual who is not specifically included in those five from Eph 4:11 as well.

Each of us needs to come to the place as His sheep of always hearing His voice and following His lead. Where is God wanting me to go. That is where I want to go and where I must go. We cannot lump all of the parts of the Body of Christ together helter-skelter. Each part does have a proper place and a proper function.

"And there came a voice out of the cloud, saying, This is my beloved Son: hear him" Luke 9:35

At this time Amad, we have the assignment found at Mat 28:19,20, we know that we are still under that assignment as the world has not yet ended Mat 24:14, once the great tribulation comes, that may signal the end of this assignment, although I am unsure if any more will be allowed to be reached, but it is possible. Of course when the battle of Armageddon comes, it is definitely completed.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
At this time Amad, we have the assignment found at Mat 28:19,20, we know that we are still under that assignment as the world has not yet ended Mat 24:14, once the great tribulation comes, that may signal the end of this assignment, although I am unsure if any more will be allowed to be reached, but it is possible. Of course when the battle of Armageddon comes, it is definitely completed.
My end, that end of my course that is, comes when I close my eyes for the last time. What happens to me beyond that should be as a result of what I have or have not done while I was still within the time period allotted to me by God.

I will keep on working while it is still day:

"I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work" John 9:4

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My end, that end of my course that is, comes when I close my eyes for the last time. What happens to me beyond that should be as a result of what I have or have not done while I was still within the time period allotted to me by God.

I will keep on working while it is still day:

"I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work" John 9:4

You know Amad, it is kind of interesting, that when we die we are acquitted of sin Rom 6:7, and all who die will receive a resurrection, with the exception of those who sinned against the holy spirit. Rev 20:13. Our reward, everlasting life will not be given us until we pass the test of satans release Rev 20:5 7,8

If we live to Christ's return and are righteous, we will be preserved through the tribulation, and most likely will never die. So if you are found righteous and come out of the great tribulation you will be among the oldest ones living through eternity sir.

Reactions: amadeus