What is the kingdom of God?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Jesus introduced the concept of the kingdom of God, bright and early in his ministry in Mark 1:

15 and saying, “The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand; repent and believe in the gospel.”
I repented, turned to God, and declared Jesus as my Lord and King. I have entered the kingdom of God by being born of the Paraclete. Everyone who has the Spirit dwells in him belongs to this kingdom. This kingdom has two parts: present and future. Presently, the Paraclete dwells in my spirit as a spiritual reality.

In the future one day, Jesus will return and create the eternal physical kingdom of God on the new earth, Revelation 11:

15 Then the seventh angel blew his trumpet, and there were loud voices in heaven, saying, “The kingdom of the world has become the kingdom of our Lord and of his Christ, and he shall reign forever and ever.”
If you are in the kingdom of God, you obey Jesus as Lord and King as of now and in the future.

See also The kingdom of God is within you.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus introduced the concept of the kingdom of God, bright and early in his ministry in Mark 1:

I repented, turned to God, and declared Jesus as my Lord and King. I have entered the kingdom of God by being born of the Paraclete. Everyone who has the Spirit dwells in him belongs to this kingdom. This kingdom has two parts: present and future. Presently, the Paraclete dwells in my spirit as a spiritual reality.

In the future one day, Jesus will return and create the eternal physical kingdom of God on the new earth, Revelation 11:

If you are in the kingdom of God, you obey Jesus as Lord and King as of now and in the future.

See also The kingdom of God is within you.
Totally agree--the Kingdom is both present and future in a sense. When Jesus came he said he had come to bring the future Kingdom near. In another sense he said that the Kingdom was in the midst of Israel, seemingly through his own presence as the future King over this Kingdom.

How had the Kingdom been present at that time? It was present only as a temporal form of the Kingdom, patterned after God's Kingdom in heaven. The temple worship had been patterned after God's heavenly Kingdom, as God delivered the Law to Moses on the mountain.

This temporal form of the Kingdom had been aligned with the Davidic Kingdom, and was a kind of replica, in which Israel lived out the ideal form of the Kingdom on earth until final legal atonement had been made for their sins and God's judgment could come to bring about final preparation for a New Earth. The actual heavenly Kingdom will come to earth when the enemies of God's Kingdom have been judged and defeated. Then God will rule on earth through His people in an unrestricted way.

atpollard

Jun 30, 2019
Port Richey, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

What is the kingdom of God?​

A kingdom is both the territory (land) ruled by a King and anyone/where that the King exerts influence (like a Foreign Embassy or the person of a Diplomat). Thus the call for us to enter the "Kingdom of God" extends beyond merely a pledge to dwell in the land controlled by God (Heaven) it is an immediate claim to be citizens of that king (God) and subject to His will and Authority. It is a rejection of past allegiances (to this WORLD and everything in it) and an affirmation that we are "under new management".

As a result, wherever we ARE and wherever our influence extends is part of the Kingdom of God. His Kingdom reaches into this fallen kingdom and touches whomever we touch. God influences wherever we influence. Like Ambassadors, we project God's Kingdom and stand in as representatives for our King.