what is the "LAST DAY" need information!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Treat every day as if it is your last day? Do you know that it is not?

Ps 118:24This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.
Mt 6:34Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

what is the "LAST DAY" need information!

I believe the last day is in regard to the resurrection of the faithful under the first covenant of Law, before the New Covenant.

John 11:23-24 KJV
23) Jesus saith unto her, Thy brother shall rise again.
24) Martha saith unto him, I know that he shall rise again in the resurrection at the last day.

I think this refers to Daniel:

Daniel 12:1-2 KJV
1) And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book.
2) And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.

Daniel 12:8 KJV
8) And I heard, but I understood not: then said I, O my Lord, what shall be the end of these things?

Daniel 12:9-13 KJV
9) And he said, Go thy way, Daniel: for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end.
10) Many shall be purified, and made white, and tried; but the wicked shall do wickedly: and none of the wicked shall understand; but the wise shall understand.
11) And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days.
12) Blessed is he that waiteth, and cometh to the thousand three hundred and five and thirty days.
13) But go thou thy way till the end be: for thou shalt rest, and stand in thy lot at the end of the days.

The angel affirmed to Daniel what Martha echoed in her words, I know he will rise on the last day.

Daniel asked How long until these things end? The angel gave a timeline numbered in days, and finished saying Daniel would "stand in your lot (inheritance) at the end of the days", that is, the last day. Daniel will be resurrected, to receive his inheritance, at the "end of the days", that is, the last day of the 1335 days.

I recommend that you read Daniel chapter 12 several times through to get a better understanding of this.

Much love!