What is the Mark of the Beast?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is not the 144,000 those from the 12 tribes of Israel whom spread the Gospel to the Jews in the GT?

They do not evangelize during the GT. They are safely protected for 3 1/2 years at Petra.

Nor is the new testament gospel preached at that time. The church is gone that.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They do not evangelize during the GT. They are safely protected for 3 1/2 years at Petra.

Nor is the new testament gospel preached at that time. The church is gone that.

There is only one Gospel and, who do you say the 144,000 could be?

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is only one Gospel and, who do you say the 144,000 could be?

12,000 from each of the 12 tribes that chosen by god to govern with him in the that
MK.

Old testament Israel did not have the gospel would taught salvation via mosaic law. After the church it will be taught
By the Levitical priests in the new covenant to the house's of Israel end Judah.

The instrument teaching God's salvation has changed a few times over history and will change again. But there always is the path to salvation.

D

Dave L

Is not the 144,000 those from the 12 tribes of Israel whom spread the Gospel to the Jews in the GT?

Thanks for making me study.... I think Ralph Woodrow gives the best answer so far.

The 144,000 are said to be taken from “all the tribes of the children of ISRAEL” (Rev. 7:4). Then in verse 9 we read: “After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of ALL NATIONS and kindreds, and people and tongues” who also were redeemed by the lamb - a vast ingathering from the Gentiles. (The words “gentiles” and “nations” are translated from the same word in the Greek, Strong‘s Concordance, #1484). The 144,000 were from Israel; the innumerable multitude from all nations. Because of this comparison—144,000 from Israel on one hand, and an innumerable multitude of converts from among the Gentiles on the other—it seems clear that the 144,000 were converts from Israel, Israel in the literal sense of the word.
We do not differ with the futurist-Dispensational interpretation on the fact that the 144,000 are from Israel. The difference comes into sharp focus as we look at the second point an our outline. According to Revelation 14:4, the 144,000 from the tribes of Israel are “the first-fruits unto God and unto the Lamb.” The FIRSTFRUITS!

Ralph Woodrow. His Truth is Marching On.

Reactions: Nancy
D

Dave L

That is as absurd as the SDA belief that Sunday worship = the Mark of the Beast.

The Beast is given just 42 months or 3 1/2 years to do what God will allow him to do. Not over 2,000 years!

Given the existing technology and the expectation of the Antichrist in the relatively near future, a chip implant with all relevant information + the numerals 666 would be the most likely form it will take.
You are looking for the symbols of Revelation to appear, and not for what they represent. Any red dragons floating around in space lately? Green horses will get you locked up....and rightly so.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks for making me study.... I think Ralph Woodrow gives the best answer so far.

The 144,000 are said to be taken from “all the tribes of the children of ISRAEL” (Rev. 7:4). Then in verse 9 we read: “After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of ALL NATIONS and kindreds, and people and tongues” who also were redeemed by the lamb - a vast ingathering from the Gentiles. (The words “gentiles” and “nations” are translated from the same word in the Greek, Strong‘s Concordance, #1484). The 144,000 were from Israel; the innumerable multitude from all nations. Because of this comparison—144,000 from Israel on one hand, and an innumerable multitude of converts from among the Gentiles on the other—it seems clear that the 144,000 were converts from Israel, Israel in the literal sense of the word.
We do not differ with the futurist-Dispensational interpretation on the fact that the 144,000 are from Israel. The difference comes into sharp focus as we look at the second point an our outline. According to Revelation 14:4, the 144,000 from the tribes of Israel are “the first-fruits unto God and unto the Lamb.” The FIRSTFRUITS!

Ralph Woodrow. His Truth is Marching On.
Awesome, that is what I have been taught so...we at=re certainly in agreement here Dave! :)

Reactions: Dave L

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course Dave puts his amil spin on it.
3 “Do not harm the land or the sea or the trees until we put a seal on the foreheads of the servants of our God.”
4 Then I heard the number of those who were sealed: 144,000 from all the tribes of Israel.
5 From the tribe of Judah 12,000 were sealed, from the tribe of Reuben 12,000, from the tribe of Gad 12,000,
6 from the tribe of Asher 12,000, from the tribe of Naphtali 12,000, from the tribe of Manasseh 12,000,
7 from the tribe of Simeon 12,000, from the tribe of Levi 12,000, from the tribe of Issachar 12,000,
8 from the tribe of Zebulun 12,000, from the tribe of Joseph 12,000, from the tribe of Benjamin 12,000.

It does not say children. It says the tribes.

The Great Multitude in White Robes
9 After this I looked, and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and before the Lamb. They were wearing white robes and were holding palm branches in their hands.

9 After this I looked, and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and before the Lamb. They were wearing white robes and were holding palm branches in their hands.

Firstfruits means the first of a harvest, here being of Israel in the new covenant to the houses of Israel and Judah.

Same principle as Christ being the first fruit of the resurrection, meaning the first ever resurrected.

All of this takes place mid trib, when the woman/Israel flees to Petra for safety for 3 1/2 years and the great tribulation begins when the slaughter of the saints takes place.

13 Then one of the elders asked me, “These in white robes—who are they, and where did they come from?”
14 I answered, “Sir, you know.” And he said, “These are they who have come out of the great tribulation; they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

Spirits, not the living.

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
The AC is not Satan

Only satan can be THE AC

"Anti" in the Greek, Strong's number 473 means "instead of, or in substitution for". It is one that is claiming to be something that he is not. It is Satan claiming to be the Christ, the Messiah, when he is a fake, and the deceiver of the whole world, except for the elect. This is directed to the last time, hour, just before the coming of the true Messiah.

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've recently been interested in the prophecy on the 'mark of the beast' because of a video I watched based on an article about the Kenyan government wanting to give the Kenyan people a RFID card that will be used as the 'single source of truth'. This card will contain everything from how many people live with them, where there land is located, financial and medical records. It seems very similar to the RFID chip that people in Sweden are using to 'buy and sell'.

What do people think? Is what's happening in Kenya proof that the RFID microchip implant is the mark of the beast? Or is it something else?
I've been reading about the microchip for several months, and it would appear that it could very well be the mark of the beast. However, I just recently began studying Revelations so I could be wrong. I was reading that when government controls the food supply they control everyone. If there is a "mark" or microchip, required to buy food, then many are going to get it. However, as Christians, we know that we're not to get it. So we may have a hard choice ahead of us. This is speculation however and I need to study Revelations more.

D

Dave L

I've been reading about the microchip for several months, and it would appear that it could very well be the mark of the beast. However, I just recently began studying Revelations so I could be wrong. I was reading that when government controls the food supply they control everyone. If there is a "mark" or microchip, required to buy food, then many are going to get it. However, as Christians, we know that we're not to get it. So we may have a hard choice ahead of us. This is speculation however and I need to study Revelations more.
I think a microchip would cut down on robbery and murder. And be a good way to replace money altogether. But even in the worst sense it is not the mark of the beast. People have worn the mark of the beast since Nero. Just as Christians have worn the Father's name in their foreheads.

“And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father’s name written in their foreheads.” (Revelation 14:1) (KJV 1900)

In either case, it's not a microchip, it's allegiance to God or Satan and his totalitarian rulers who persecute or kill for not obeying wicked laws.

B

brakelite

When we have such a diversity of opinion as to the identity of the beast/antichrist...from Satan to Trump, from Kissinger to the Pope and almost anyone and everyone in between, and then have such a determination on the mark, to my mind is back to front. Picking up on any random object and then calling that the "mark", simply because it appears to meet a general criteria, but in no way identifies who the beast is, is proof in and of itself that an RFID chip cannot be the mark. The beast is not the banking system or whatever financial institution created the RFID chip. Revelation 13 is all about worship and loyalty. And deception. The RFID chip, whatever form it may take, has nothing to do with worship...no-one is deceived into taking it on...accepting a chip is not a sign of disloyalty to God punishable by death..and it in no way contravenes the commandments of God or compromises faith.
Why would God dish out the most severe denunciation and condemnation in all scripture upon a piece of technology which is not much different to all the credit/debit cards we have in our wallets and use every day?
I think you all need to focus on who the beast/antichrist is, then ask him what his mark is. One thing you can be sure of. It will counterfeit the seal of God. Both are to go in the forehead...conscience...mind. Both therefore are linked to our relationship with God. It is connected with worship and our loyalty to God. Those who keep God's commandments and have the faith of Jesus are set in contrast to those who accept the mark. It is the commandment keepers that are sealed. An OT type of what is to come is found in Ezekiel...those who sigh and cry for the abominations done in Israel are sealed and protected from the wrath of God. But the mark of the beast can also be accepted by bypassing conscience taking it directly into the hand. It can be accepted as a matter of convenience. Thus people will accept it without having any religious conviction to do so. The seal of God on the other hand can ONLY be accepted by religious conviction.
I don't doubt that some form of identification will be required to be accepted by all, and it will likely be linked to our bank accounts. But it will be our compliance, or lack thereof, with legislation that enforces a certain form of worship (see Revel. 13:12,15) that will then determine whether those chips are activated, and allows us to buy and sell. Own houses. Buy petrol. Rent accommodation. etc. Faithfulness to the word of God in those days will be met with a high price. It is our conscientious agreement, or rejection , of the mark of this religious beast that determines whether we receive the right to buy and seel.
The chip, is not the mark, but the incentive to receive the mark.

Jon Mathews

May 7, 2019
indianapolis, in
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've recently been interested in the prophecy on the 'mark of the beast' because of a video I watched based on an article about the Kenyan government wanting to give the Kenyan people a RFID card that will be used as the 'single source of truth'. This card will contain everything from how many people live with them, where there land is located, financial and medical records. It seems very similar to the RFID chip that people in Sweden are using to 'buy and sell'.

What do people think? Is what's happening in Kenya proof that the RFID microchip implant is the mark of the beast? Or is it something else?

This is the EXACT Mark of the Beast, just as Jesus showed it to John on Patmos. There is no deeper Wisdom as to what the Mark of the Beast is then what is already written, as Jesus Christ says "Here is Wisdom.." and PLAINLY gave us the EXACT Mark of the Beast.

PS. I have already personally met a demon-possessed man had this exact Mark on his right hand and said "Satan gave me this Mark".

mob3.jpg

mob2.jpg