What is the mountain of the house of the Lord?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is the mountain of the house of the Lord?

Isaiah 2:2
And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the Lord's house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it.

icxn

Oct 6, 2018
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the Septuagint the verse reads:

For in the last days the mountain of the Lord shall be made manifest, and the house of God [shall be] on the tops of the mountains, and it shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall come to it.
Mountain of the Lord that was made manifest at His Incarnation (last days - Hebrews 1:2, Acts of the Apostles 2:17), is His holy body (Daniel 2:34-35). House of the Lord is the Church which is established on the teachings of the Apostles - these are the tops of the mountains; hills* are the prophets and the other righteous saints of the OT (Matthew 11:11).

_____
* Also the OT Church, above of which, the NT Church is exalted.

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the Septuagint the verse reads:

For in the last days the mountain of the Lord shall be made manifest, and the house of God [shall be] on the tops of the mountains, and it shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall come to it.
Mountain of the Lord that was made manifest at His Incarnation (last days - Hebrews 1:2, Acts of the Apostles 2:17), is His holy body (Daniel 2:34-35). House of the Lord is the Church which is established on the teachings of the Apostles - these are the tops of the mountains; hills* are the prophets and the other righteous saints of the OT (Matthew 11:11).

_____
* Also the OT Church, above of which, the NT Church is exalted.

John 7:37 In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink.

‘For in the last days the mountain of the Lord shall be made manifest, and the house of God [shall be] on the tops of the mountains, and it shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall come to it.’

Philippians 2:9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:

John 12:32 And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.

Reactions: icxn