What is the story of how you came to Christ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was heartbroken and I was prayed to God for help. Like extremely heartbroken. I don't think I ever cried that hard.

I went to sleep, but ended up with a vision, I saw a hand reaching out over me from a purple indigo light. Right after, I saw a spirit at the end of my bed hovering over me. I don't know what it was but I did draw it and I might have it somewhere. I'm not sure it was a good one.

After that I woke up knowing everything I needed to do. I spent sometime pacing across the floor saying "GOD EXISTS" over and over. I knew I had to give up witchcraft and trust God and he would "fix it."

Well it took me a long time to learn to do that, to learn to hear God's voice, to use discernment, to learn the false teachings in the churches that are similar to witchcraft under the guise of Christian, and to learn that following Christ's commands, abiding in Him, and understanding His love were, and ended up with A LOT of spiritual warfare in every direction for years and ended up waiting around for years.

But I did not lose my faith, which was the most important thing. No matter how much it hurt God still drew me close to him.

Anyway that's how i turned from witch to Christian. You?

Reactions: April_Rose

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I was heartbroken and I was prayed to God for help. Like extremely heartbroken. I don't think I ever cried that hard.

I went to sleep, but ended up with a vision, I saw a hand reaching out over me from a purple indigo light. Right after, I saw a spirit at the end of my bed hovering over me. I don't know what it was but I did draw it and I might have it somewhere. I'm not sure it was a good one.

After that I woke up knowing everything I needed to do. I spent sometime pacing across the floor saying "GOD EXISTS" over and over. I knew I had to give up witchcraft and trust God and he would "fix it."

Well it took me a long time to learn to do that, to learn to hear God's voice, to use discernment, to learn the false teachings in the churches that are similar to witchcraft under the guise of Christian, and to learn that following Christ's commands, abiding in Him, and understanding His love were, and ended up with A LOT of spiritual warfare in every direction for years and ended up waiting around for years.

But I did not lose my faith, which was the most important thing. No matter how much it hurt God still drew me close to him.

Anyway that's how i turned from witch to Christian. You?

Wow, that is some testimony, when God delivers you he does a good job. Praise his name.

I first responded to the call of Jesus on my life when I was about 10. Our neighbour was the pastor of a mission church and each year they held an open-to-all children's outreach and he used to take me. It ran every night for two weeks with a lady from Canada telling us stories and teaching us songs about Jesus. There were little competitions to remember bible verses and each night you got a new page to add to your little book in the shape of an apple. And when she asked the children to respond if they wanted Jesus in their hearts I was at the front of the queue.

Sadly my own Sunday school didn't teach anything about asking Jesus into your heart. It was all dry boring stuff about missionaries and such and if they told the stories of Jesus there was no spark of life in them. I wasn't allowed to go to the mission church on Sundays so sadly my new-found belief in Jesus didn't get nurtured. And although I got confirmed and later married in the Church of England, I didn't grow at all.

Later at age 35 with a new baby I discovered that although I had always considered myself to be a Christian there was more to it, and I came to Jesus as an adult and have never looked back.

Reactions: Azim and DuckieLady

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
At 19 a few months before my 20th birthday I was living in a country hippie commune at the end of the hippie era. It was the stereotypical 'free' live as you please arrangement. One day one of the young people came back from town telling us he'd seen flyers in the store windows advertising a group of street preachers. Several of us decided go and stir them along a bit....not to be malicious; just to have fun.

It was a balmy evening with the presentation being held in a local park. We listened but nobody heckled. The subject matter was the return of Jesus....hmm. When the show was over the participants mingled in the crowd that had gathered. Two girls approached me and started to chat. I could see their objective....to proselytise. I was the smart arse and side stepped their questions. One of the girls frustration burst out as a result of my attitude...well what do you want then? she blurted. The question was greater than coming from this girls mouth. It reverberated through me and I knew instinctively that whatever answer I gave in reply would determine something.

It was serious....the smart arse cut short. I recognised that voice and without thinking too much about it said, I want to be with Jesus when he comes. The words were hardly out of my mouth when a peace flooded my whole body. This was the beginning of my journey and in many respects has followed in a similar vein to that of the story in 'Pilgrims Progress' by John Bunyan.

Reactions: DuckieLady

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This might sound kind of lame as it's not much of a story. I just realized that I screwed my life up and made a mess of it and Jesus was standing right outside my front door with a mop and broom to help me clean it up so I let Him in and that was that. :D

Reactions: DuckieLady

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This might sound kind of lame as it's not much of a story. I just realized that I screwed my life up and made a mess of it and Jesus was standing right outside my front door with a mop and broom to help me clean it up so I let Him in and that was that. :D
Ooo not lame at all actually the best way to put it! Love that analogy!

Reactions: April_Rose