What Quran says about Christianity.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Follower

Oct 1, 2008
(jeffhughes;60135)
Is there a place in the Bible that would lead you to believe that the writers of its books did not believe in the prevailing celestial theories of their day and age? You say later that geocentrism was "nearly universal". Would not the Israelites share this view?
Here's a few lines from the Pink Floyd song Time:And you run and you run to catch up with the sun, but it's sinkingAnd racing around to come up behind you againThe sun is the same in the relative way, but you're olderShorter of breath and one day closer to deathThis is more geocentric-sounding than anything in the Bible, yet it was written and produced by people who had no doubt that the sun is the center of the solar system. Like the common phrases, sunrise and sunset, the Pink Floyd song does not reflect ignorance of celestial mechanics, it simply speaks from the human perspective. The Koran may do the same thing, speak from a human perspective. But, it's more forceful in it's treatment of the sun and moon being similar objects that orbit the Earth. The video that our Muslim friend provided outright claims that orbit means orbit, but that the Koran means the orbit of the sun around the galaxy (miraculous knowledge). The video's claim doesn't stand up because the Koran links the sun's orbit to day and night.The ancient Hebrews probably did tend to accept geocentrism, but there's not a compelling case that this belief made it into their scriptures.
I'm not a Muslim, nor a Christian.
Sorry. When I replied previously, I thought I was replying to our Muslim friend who posted the links to the Koran videos. I was using what the Koran to defend the Bible. If he faulted the Bible, he would have the same problem with the Koran.
Ahh, okay. You are using a non-standard use of the term "atheist". Why not try a better one, like "pagan"? It's still not perfect, but using "atheist" to identify those who do not believe in the Abrahamic God is a little misleading. They still certainly believed in gods.
Again, sorry. Anyone who does not believe in God, the only God, is an Atheist, IMO. When I thought I was replying to a Muslim, I was trying to reason with him from the faith in the one God that we have in common.

jeffhughes

Jul 27, 2008
(Follower;60148)
Well then at least we understand each other then. And we both can agree that this sun-orbit thing doesn't prove one word of the Qur'an
smile.gif
So I guess we just wait for our Muslim friend to respond...