What should I do?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Lyset

Nov 15, 2022
Vladivostok
Faith
Christian
Country
Russian Federation
I have a trouble that is really hard for me to solve.
I have fallen in love with a Catholic nun. She is so nice, and cute, and kind that I would be looking at her with adoration all the time. But the first problem is that she is much older than me, and second, she is a nun. I really do like her. What can I do with that? If it's only possible to deal with that.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
l
I have fallen in love with a Catholic nun. She is so nice, and cute, and kind that I would be looking at her with adoration all the time. But the first problem is that she is much older than me, and second, she is a nun. I really do like her. What can I do with that? If it's only possible to deal with that.
loving someone doesn't mean you have to own them.

Reactions: Jay Ross

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Talk to her.

does she know you exist?

How committed is she to her calling?

The brutal truthy is if she does not know you or have any feeling beyond mere liking you and if she is committed to her calling you have only the option of walking away and forgetting her.

So talk to her, show her you respect and care for her, so if she says, leave me alone, obey her.

Reactions: Lyset and RedRobyn

Lyset

Nov 15, 2022
Vladivostok
Faith
Christian
Country
Russian Federation
Talk to her.

does she know you exist?

How committed is she to her calling?

The brutal truthy is if she does not know you or have any feeling beyond mere liking you and if she is committed to her calling you have only the option of walking away and forgetting her.

So talk to her, show her you respect and care for her, so if she says, leave me alone, obey her.
Thank you for your advice!

Reactions: RedRobyn

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are 18 years old. Your constant thoughts, desires and admiration of her beauty (outwardly and inwardly) are real. You are drawn to the light that she portrays. This light is a reflection of Christ. She's beautiful and many people see that as well I'm sure. But you need to put these thoughts and feelings in a proper place. An intimate relationship with her is not possible and just a fantasy. Lust for her, for instance, would be corrupting all that is good that she emulates.
An intimate relationship between two people is agreed upon by both people, not just in the mind and heart of one. God intended us to have intimate relationships _ involving two of the opposite sex _ that are willing to have one. So you need to confess your thoughts and feelings to this person and she will straighten you out. It is that simple. Maybe she will be flattered in a sympathetic way, shaking her head _ with a smile _ thinking "Oh my goodness"!
But then she will likely reveal that her personal ministry, devotion and faith has boundaries that does not allow her to engage in an intimate union with the opposite sex even if she so desired one.
She will be gentile, loving and assure you that you will someday find someone.
But in your future, pick someone who had not vowed celibacy for life in her service to God and God's people.

Reactions: Lyset

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Knew of a man who married a nun .She was getting ready to take her final vows and fell in love. She would never have known if he hadn't bared his heart to her, so go for it!
Also I went to a Catholic college years ago and was looking up one day the names of the priests to see if they were still around. One of my favorites married someone and became a Methodist! :D

Reactions: Lyset and Lambano

Lyset

Nov 15, 2022
Vladivostok
Faith
Christian
Country
Russian Federation
You are 18 years old. Your constant thoughts, desires and admiration of her beauty (outwardly and inwardly) are real. You are drawn to the light that she portrays. This light is a reflection of Christ. She's beautiful and many people see that as well I'm sure. But you need to put these thoughts and feelings in a proper place. An intimate relationship with her is not possible and just a fantasy. Lust for her, for instance, would be corrupting all that is good that she emulates.
An intimate relationship between two people is agreed upon by both people, not just in the mind and heart of one. God intended us to have intimate relationships _ involving two of the opposite sex _ that are willing to have one. So you need to confess your thoughts and feelings to this person and she will straighten you out. It is that simple. Maybe she will be flattered in a sympathetic way, shaking her head _ with a smile _ thinking "Oh my goodness"!
But then she will likely reveal that her personal ministry, devotion and faith has boundaries that does not allow her to engage in an intimate union with the opposite sex even if she so desired one.
She will be gentile, loving and assure you that you will someday find someone.
But in your future, pick someone who had not vowed celibacy for life in her service to God and God's people.
But how am I supposed to attend the parish after that I would tell her all this? It's the only parish in the only Catholic parish in the city, so I would be kind of ashamed and shy to come there back again. I'm not even sure if nuns have anything like the seal of confession...

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But how am I supposed to attend the parish after that I would tell her all this? It's the only parish in the only Catholic parish in the city, so I would be kind of ashamed and shy to come there back again. I'm not even sure if nuns have anything like the seal of confession...
Confessing your thoughts is good. It shouldn't be that shameful, you didn't grab her ass, you just had thoughts and feelings. You didn't even make a verbal pass at her - which no one in there right mind would. She will be forgiving. It's not that bad really.
The alternative is to just avoid being around her. She knows nothing and never will, so no harm no foul. Then just move on with your life and stop fantasizing about people you can't have.
I like the first action better. Why? Because maturity requires us to confront and solve are problems, not run away from them. And also I will be dying to hear how she responded. What of she just rips off her coif and plants a big kiss on your lips and tells she has been feeling and suppressing the same thoughts and says, " I don 't want to be a nun anymore ... forgive me Lord!"
Just messing with you. This is an idea for a movie, The Sound of Music ( part two).

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Confessing your thoughts is good. It shouldn't be that shameful, you didn't grab her ass, you just had thoughts and feelings. You didn't even make a verbal pass at her - which no one in there right mind would. She will be forgiving. It's not that bad really.
The alternative is to just avoid being around her. She knows nothing and never will, so no harm no foul. Then just move on with your life and stop fantasizing about people you can't have.
I like the first action better. Why? Because maturity requires us to confront and solve are problems, not run away from them. And also I will be dying to hear how she responded. What of she just rips off her coif and plants a big kiss on your lips and tells she has been feeling and suppressing the same thoughts and says, " I don 't want to be a nun anymore ... forgive me Lord!"
Just messing with you. This is an idea for a movie, The Sound of Music ( part two).
This is not a joking matter!

• Love
Reactions: GRACE ambassador

strepho

Jan 31, 2023
Meriden
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would leave that church. You don't want to be tied to a false brethren. Documentation, Corinthians chapter 3, and proverbs chapter 5. Apostates are those who once knew the truth and turned their backs on God. They function in denominations. They broke away from the true foundation of christ. They are compromised and spirtualty bankrupt. Hosea chapter 6 warns us to stay away from Beth Aven. It means house of emptiness. Because they teach tradition of men. Try to understand. When satan as antichrist comes 6th trump to Jerusalem. This person will drag you down with them. They lack knowledge of Gods word. You don't want to be shackled with these people. Get the picture. I told the truth. Many churches will lead whole congregations to worship antichrist near future. Zechariah chapter 11 is warning to stay away from false brethren. God is going to let the sheep traffickers have their way with people. If they don't wont study sound doctrine or stop listening to misguided preachers. You don't want these false brethren in foxhole with you when antichrist arrives 6th trump. I hope you understand. Many people will end up in hell. Those who worshipped antichrist near future.

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry have only seen this latest post.
What shame is there in talking to this girl?
You are not going to propose marriage, just find out does she like talking to you.
If she rejects that you will have to Mourne for what might have been a d find another girl.
If she is happy to talk and will meet again, all you can do is take it meet8ng by meeting, either she will continue to meet with you or it will be seen as something infringing on her calling and the meetings will be stopped.

The best advice is go and talk to her.

Last edited:

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Precious friend, Lyset, with all due respect, it seems to me that there may be
other 'trouble' which may precede the current trouble - so let's us kindly ask
these Important Biblical questions, shall we?:

1) Is your identity as a 'christian' (Lutheran 'statement of faith') Bible based?

i.e.: "By Grace Through faith in The LORD and Saviour Jesus Christ, His
All-Sufficient BLOOD, and His Resurrection," According To The Scriptures
(1Co 15:3-4; Eph 2:8-9), For Eternal Life?

If this is not true in your life, then, Before God, that would then be a MUCH BIGGER
'trouble' than "falling for someone" who maybe you should not be falling for,
whether you 'talk to her' or not...

I will pray for you, and await your response before proceeding further...

Grace, Peace, And JOY!...

Last edited:

St. Joseph

Apr 30, 2023
Arkansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Convert her to Christianity and marry her.