What type of music is in the bible, difference the music and know what God said is he's music and from the world's music ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

grumix8

Jul 23, 2020
d.f.
Faith
Christian
Country
Mexico
What music is from God and world music is mistaken. What did he told use the music he wants and instruments ?

The bible says what he told us since the time of the bible. Using harps and trumpets he told Israel to use them.

How to know the violin, saxophone, and piano some are the devil things some playtunes are his.

Ask the question what he told us to play and we can use in music ?

Reactions: MatthewG

grumix8

Jul 23, 2020
d.f.
Faith
Christian
Country
Mexico
I know there are bible verses that say it's OK to use instruments

So any church that says it's wrong to use instruments is wrong themselves ?

grumix8

Jul 23, 2020
d.f.
Faith
Christian
Country
Mexico
A good friend said this.
Through history music has been made for various reasons
-To motivate people to war
-As an emphasis on a country, patriotic music
- As a tool for rebellion to someone or something
-As a comfort, as in background music to help pass the day or to play at a resturaunt.
-As a way to express love or hate.
-Music specifically for children. Music they understand and relate to.
-Music for relaxation
-Music as a minstry tool
-Music as a worship medium
-Music that tells a story i.e. folk music or similar
-Music intended for evil purposes
-Music intended to uplift and edify
-Music for sexual innuendos, intended to excite or put the mind in a sexual gutter
- Music as a brainwashing tool, to try and change our minds or make bad seem good.
-Music as an emotion builder in movies

Worship can happen with or without music. There is inward, outward and upward worship music.
Outward worship music is made for an audience, presumably to edify them and encourage worship in some churches. The danger can be in placing too much focus on the music instead of God. Inward worship can be a song we sing to ourselves privately to God in worship which can also be upward worship. Both public and private worship should always focus on giving worship and praise to God, so both can be upward.
Music is a tool that needs great care in it's use if the intention is worhip. If the music is deliberately distracting, it isn't the Lord behind it, but the devil.
Like food, there are many preferences people have when it comes to music, even worship music. Some of the compromises to please everyone, or at least attempt it, in churches lead to a sort of music that doesn't really commit. To me it feels like a compromise. One reason people leave churches unfortunately.

IMHO If you're looking to make rock music, then commit to it instead of an in between iffy sounding sort of thing. Don't hold back because rock music doesn't hold back. Rock music is generally aggressive and maybe better suited to a younger audience? I was just working on a speed metal track. 172 bpm, that's fast and why they call it speed metal. Just doesn't fit for worship IMO. And I've decided I don't like speed metal, at least what I've heard. Much too primal for me.

I see the different kinds of music like the various tools in a tool chest. There is one for pretty much every application. The highest use for music is worship , if it doesn't become a distraction, since worship is all about focus on God. The best worship is the worship where I get lost in worship. The music that can lead us into worship, like a calling card. Not a routine we settle into every Sunday. There is a fine line between the real stuff and the fillers. Has to do with the Spirit's leading.
Good messages can be put into non worship music, and "worship like" music can have misleading or even bad messages in it.
I am hooked up with Spotify which has loads of different kinds of Christian music all the way from the old stuff to the most recent stuff. Almost all of it is edifying in some way. Maybe some of this is just the nostalgia in me, but when I played the hymns channel something in me went ahhhhhh. These were tunes we sang in my old church when I was 6. You can hear and understand the words and the music isn't half bad either. Who has ever faulted the song "Amazing Grace" and other similar? The record companies are in the decision making process of most current Christian music and it is often associated with a church like Bethel or Red Rocks. Not sure what their criteria is, and most likely it changes with the vision, but not everyone making these decisions is a believer. In fact the scales may even swing over to more non believers if it's a big record label who also produces other kinds of non Christian music.
Much like the falling away of many churches from our scriptural roots, Christian music is also drifting in some cases, so I think we need to be careful when selecting some of it.

grumix8

Jul 23, 2020
d.f.
Faith
Christian
Country
Mexico

Two biblical passages that speak about Satan's role before his fall include Ezekiel 28 and Isaiah 14. The King James Version of Ezekiel 28:13 states, "The workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created." Based on this verse, some believe Satan was a music leader or was in charge of music in heaven.

Sometimes pipes can be like flute in a style and it is this that organ playing in pianos can be his art.

Always avoid the violin, I avoid the violin and put most trumpets and harps in my music.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just sing to the Lord its okay. With or without instrument.

Reactions: grumix8

Arthur81

Jul 9, 2023
Tampa, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What music is from God and world music is mistaken. What did he told use the music he wants and instruments ?

The bible says what he told us since the time of the bible. Using harps and trumpets he told Israel to use them.

How to know the violin, saxophone, and piano some are the devil things some playtunes are his.

Ask the question what he told us to play and we can use in music ?
"Go ye therefore, and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them into the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit: teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I commanded you: and lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world." (Matt 28:19-20 ASV)

I do not see anywhere in the New Covenant where there is a command to use musical instruments in the church worship. Their use is glaringly absent. But we are to sing -

"... and do not be drunk with wine, in which is wastefulness, but be filled in the Spirit, speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the LORD, always giving thanks for all things, in the Name of our Lord Jesus Christ, to the God and Father, (Eph 5:18-20 LSV) *This is the Literal Standard Version, an update of the Young's Literal Translation

Two hundred years ago, the Methodists, Baptists and Presbyterians did not use musical instruments in worship, considering that was for OT worship. In fact, I do not believe you'll find in the Law of Moses, instructions to use musical instruments in worship; that started with King David.

grumix8

Jul 23, 2020
d.f.
Faith
Christian
Country
Mexico
In the new testament to sing to the lord is what God says is blessing and what Collosians and Ephesians says is what God's will is all about. Sing to the Lord God does Command but to be specific the instruments he does say where in the old testament.

Psalm 150:3-4: "Praise Him with the sound of the trumpet; praise Him with the lute and harp! Praise Him with the timbrel and dance; praise Him with stringed instruments and flutes!

All he wanted is us to worship him with our voice and worship him like in heaven. He will done in heaven as on earth.

Matthew 6:9-13