What will you do when you see Jesus?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

grandma dolittle

May 23, 2012
Missouri
Have you ever thought about what you would do or how you will react when you see Jesus for the first time? I know many do not believe in the Rapture and that is an individual belief. As I told a friend, if we live like we believe in the Rapture and will be whisked away at the twinkling of an eye, then we will make it to heaven whenever he comes. It only makes us a bettger Christian.

I have thought what it would be like to see Jesus. As the song says; will I kneel before him or jump for joy? Will I shout and sing for him or will I be able to sing at all? Will I float up to the clouds to be with him or will I already be up there? What will I do? All I really know is that I aim to be one of the few who see Jesus in my new body. It is enough to make a person get excited.

Even so, come Lord Jesus!

neophyte

Apr 25, 2012
In this verse we find the first words from our Lord to us as we stand in front of Him- Matt.25: 31-46 [ good works ] I do know that His Catholic/Apostolic Church with its members fulfill this "feeding and clothing " of the world's needy , of course there are also many other Christians that feed the needy of the world/ neighbors, only Jesus will know who we all are.

biggandyy

I am here to help...
Oct 11, 2011
SWPA
It is interesting that the men of old fell down and offered worship to a mere angel when they were encountered, but the Son of Man wasn't worshipped when met; He was crucified.

Reactions: grandma dolittle

Rach1370

Apr 17, 2010
Australia
I'm thinking foot hug. I'd like nothing more than to just cuddle into his comfort and love and wonder at both His presence and the relief (from my point of view) that it's all over bar His eternal triumph and glory. But as I'll be in the face/presence of God....there's the whole fall on my face thing...which leads me back to foot hug!

tcross.us

Jul 17, 2012
San Antonio
I think the feelings I'd get would go beyond any descriptive words in the dictionary. That one moment in time, my feelings would tell the Lord all I need to tell Him without saying a word.

Reactions: tcross.us

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Holy, Holy, Holy, is the Lord God Almighty
who was, who is, who is to come!"

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
Have you ever thought about what you would do or how you will react when you see Jesus for the first time?

You have asked a good question . To provide an honest answer would take a lot of deep thinking. I have never previously given it much thought other than "I will see Him some day" .... kind of like a fuzzy imagination of what it will be like .... without any real references to go by.

But I found it overwhelming to go to the angelic realm for about 32 seconds a few years ago.

Full color , crystal clear , clear communications , absolute perfection , colors as we know them .... except perfect .... joy as we know it but goes right through you , saw a departed loved one .... looked just like she did down here at age 26 .... only now perfect. Hard to put into words.

Now to try to answer the question in the OP. "What was my reaction"

the first 10 seconds or so I was absolutely overwhelmed and amazed that I was so privileged to be there .... I actually sputtered and gasped the words "why am I so privileged to be here". .... "Why am I so privileged to see this".

What was a real eye-opener for me was that even though I am still in the flesh ..... I was able to grasp and comprehend the absolute perfection there .... and could feel the absolute joy there.

I found that alone was profound. (that I could grasp and comprehend the absolute perfection and beauty and joy)

It is like perfection and beauty and joy as we know it down here , but multiplied by a million times a billion times a trillion , plus some more and then double it. Not one speck of anything negative or imperfect.

Interestingly ,,, some time later I came across a verse that en-capsuled it .... (where I was) ..... It is from Hebrews 12:22 -23 ..... you have come to thousand upon thousands of angels in joyful assembly ..... to the spirits of the righteous now made perfect.

I was there. wow. I saw it. wow. I felt it.wow.

I think when we see Jesus , it will be similar or greater ..... it will be like having an unexpected surprise visit from someone you love more than anything else ..... or someone who loves you more than anything else ..... a love that you have never yet experienced , or even can comprehended ..... but you will at that moment. And in full measure. Beyond anything you can imagine. Yes you will.

Words cannot explain it properly , but I try.

Webers_Home

Apr 12, 2012
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you ever thought about what you would do or how you will react when
you see Jesus for the first time?

I'm not sure if you're talking about a crowded venue like when people view
the Pope in Ste Peter's square or a private one-on-one interview. In the latter
situation; I suppose the first thing I'd do is introduce myself and say hello.

Personally, I suspect that all new arrivals are shuttled off to a sort of boot
camp where they undergo an exhaustive orientation process so they'll know
how to conduct themselves should they be summoned to the Lord's office for
a consult; which I should think is pretty much inevitable.

†. 2Cor 5:10 . . For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ,
that each one may be recompensed for his deeds in the body, according to
what he has done, whether good or bad.

Cliff
/

pompadour

Staff member
Oct 5, 2011
minnesota USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know, but I hope I will be smiling after that.
Arnie Manitoba, I had an experience with the joy peace and happiness that words can not describe also. my is posted about it is in new member forum. page 3 Pompadour. I would like to hear more about your visit to Heaven and the reason for it if you know?
Pomp.

neophyte

Apr 25, 2012
Cliff, you wrote: "Personally, I suspect that all new arrivals are shuttled off to a sort of boot
camp where they undergo an exhaustive orientation process so they'll know
how to conduct themselves should they be summoned to the Lord's office for
a consult; which I should think is pretty much inevitable."

You're on the right track, almost Cliff, somethibg along the line of a purging also for those that are not 'clean' to enter. what does the Book of Revelation say about those that still have unrepentant sins on their souls [ Rev. 21:27 ] also in the following verses [ Matt. 22: 1-14 ] some sins are remitted in the "age to come" [ Matt. 12:32 ] in [Matt. 18: 21-35 ] we see evidence of purgatory as well as the fact that a Christian can forfeit his/her justification by serious sin: " So also my heavenly Father will do to every one of you, if you do not forgive your brother from your heart" So Jesus may say something quite unexpectant by you, "purgatory" but at least your next move will be heaven, I hope as did St. Paul . And St' Paul trembled at the thought of not having pleased the Father , so do I .

whitestone

Apr 3, 2011
Gold Beach Oregon
I rejoice in His Presence beholding His face in the Glory of the Gospel in Jesus Face, moment by moment, day and night forever :)

(1Th 2:19)

for what is our hope, or joy, or crown of rejoicing? are not even ye before our Lord Jesus Christ in his presence?

(2Co 3:18)

and we all, with unvailed face, the glory of the Lord beholding in a mirror, to the same image are being transformed, from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.

As His Wife, I behold His Face with me always unvailed in the Bridechamber where He has Come to me in Marriage in out Love.

I have received of His incorruptible Seed within me, His Kingdom of God, by Receiving the Holy Spirit of Christ Come into me His Wife. Within me is formed the Son of God, Christ in me, the Firstborn of our New Creation in Mt Sion, My Temple Body of the Living City New Jerusalem.

(Rev 22:17)

And the Spirit and the Bride say, Come; and he who is hearing--let him say, Come; and he who is thirsting--let him come; and he who is willing--let him take the water of life freely.

(Gal 4:26)

and the Jerusalem above is the free-woman, which is mother of us all,

(Heb 12:22)

But, ye came to Mount Zion, and to a city of the living God, to the heavenly Jerusalem, and to myriads of messengers,

(Heb 12:23)

to the company and assembly of the first-born in heaven enrolled, and to God the judge of all, and to spirits of righteous men made perfect,

(Heb 12:24)

and to a mediator of a new covenant--Jesus, and to blood of sprinkling, speaking better things than that of Abel!

neophyte

Apr 25, 2012
That is all very nice whitestone, but then Jesus still has to judge you. Only then if you enter into heaven or purgatory will you rejoice.

whitestone

Apr 3, 2011
Gold Beach Oregon
That is all very nice whitestone, but then Jesus still has to judge you. Only then if you enter into heaven or purgatory will you rejoice.

Jesus already passed judgement upon me neophyte.
Death was the only righteous verdict.
So I have Died in Christ.
So Also am I Risen up in Christ and am a Servant to Righteousness.
That is the Free Gift of Life I Now enjoy in His Peace in His Kingdom :)

I dwell in Heaven in Christ who dwells in me. If you knew what these things mean, you would know I concern not myself with judgement or purgatory or other big church 'scare-tactics', or so it sounds.

I have no fear standing before the Presence of my Lord and my God Jesus Christ King of Israel. He reigns forever and in Him Forever do I believe in the oath and the Promise He's Sworn unto me that He will never leave nor forsake me even unto the ends of forever.

That is my God.
Much more real and powerful than the 'churchy' god of purgatory, judgement and other Dante inferno silliness

scorpia

Jul 30, 2006
Have you ever thought about what you would do or how you will react when you see Jesus for the first time?

No one can see Jesus at any point in time unless the Second Coming of the Lord come to existence and that is also the Judgment Day. But what would you do should Jesus speak to you now as in the days of the apostles, what would you ask from Him?

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
I don't know, but I hope I will be smiling after that.
Arnie Manitoba, I had an experience with the joy peace and happiness that words can not describe also. my is posted about it is in new member forum. page 3 Pompadour. I would like to hear more about your visit to Heaven and the reason for it if you know?
Pomp.

I was taken to the angelic realm and given specific information (precise verses in the Psalms) specifically relating to an event happening on earth (at the exactly same time) ....

The timing of the event signals a prophetic nugget of prophecy for Israel (now starting to taking place) .... it is positive in context.

Much more additional information , involving persons other than myself , that corroborate the whole thing. It stands up to all scrutiny. That is all I can say. It has not yet been made public.

The whole thing came as a surprise to me .... was not expecting it at all .... just minding my own business ...... my function is as the observer , and recipient , and compiler of the information .... nothing special about me.

Faithful

Jul 13, 2007
Have you ever thought about what you would do or how you will react when you see Jesus for the first time? I know many do not believe in the Rapture and that is an individual belief. As I told a friend, if we live like we believe in the Rapture and will be whisked away at the twinkling of an eye, then we will make it to heaven whenever he comes. It only makes us a bettger Christian.

I have thought what it would be like to see Jesus. As the song says; will I kneel before him or jump for joy? Will I shout and sing for him or will I be able to sing at all? Will I float up to the clouds to be with him or will I already be up there? What will I do? All I really know is that I aim to be one of the few who see Jesus in my new body. It is enough to make a person get excited.

Even so, come Lord Jesus!

To be honest it is God who I am waiting to see.

Jesus like myself, always puts God first and I just want to see God in person we know in part his presence but then shall we see clearly in full.

I understand where Jesus is coming from when he says " Why call me good? Only God is good." Jesus puting everything including himself back under God. Jesus made it possible for me to see God and to know him. But the wonder and awe it will inspire is not known, nor how my new body and my new name will affect me. But to know it is coming is a joyous thing to feel especially when it is all thanks to God. :wub:

pompadour

Staff member
Oct 5, 2011
minnesota USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Arnie. will be looking for it to be made pubic. anything to do with Psalms 83?
Pomp.