What would you like to see added to CyB.com?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What would you like to see added to CyB.com?

• Bible Studies

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Quizzes

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Better online version of the bible (multiple translations, commentary, etc.)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Online church service directory

• Daily or weekly devotionals

• Don't add anything

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Other. Reply below with suggestion

Votes: 6 60.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

doughty

Staff member
Admin
Jun 14, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi there!
If you don't know me yet, I'm Dan... owner of the site.

Answer the poll below, and I'll get to work on finding a way to add to the site. One rule I'll have about this is they will have to be high-quality ONLY.

shortangel

Aug 23, 2020
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i would like to see more forum catagories depending on how the Lord is leading you to work on the site, like i would like to see a catagory for those with special needs & maybe a hobbies & crafts forum or something like that, maybe even a fitness & nutrtion catagory, i know most believers won't want that but it would be a consideration for the site

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Instead of just describing oneself as a Christian would like to see in peoples' profiles more info about what they believe i.e. Catholic, Jehovahs Witness, Baptist, Methodist etc.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i would like to see more forum catagories depending on how the Lord is leading you to work on the site, like i would like to see a catagory for those with special needs & maybe a hobbies & crafts forum or something like that, maybe even a fitness & nutrtion catagory, i know most believers won't want that but it would be a consideration for the site
I know many of the members could fall under the special needs category, myself included, but I hold myself together OK I suppose.

CC: @doughty Also I would like to see a category for conspiracy theories. I'm not into conspiracy theories very much and often find people in those posts that can be aggressive. Not everyone, but that's where I've been attacked the most.

Reactions: shortangel

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi there!

Answer the poll below, and I'll get to work on finding a way to add to the site. One rule I'll have about this is they will have to be high-quality ONLY.
A good bible study would be nice. I know @WalterandDebbie contribute some good content often in the General Discussion area.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would like to see an area that is not viewable by non-members for people needing support to heal from trauma, addictions, etc. It would be good to offer some level of safety or privacy from lurkers (etc).

doughty

Staff member
Admin
Jun 14, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would like to see an area that is not viewable by non-members for people needing support to heal from trauma, addictions, etc. It would be good to offer some level of safety or privacy from lurkers (etc).
I like that!

Reactions: Nancy and TLHKAJ

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Actually I'm Open Brethren.

Some people belong to the 'We are not a denomination denomination.' (joking)
I'm non-denominational but I think if we knew everybody's 'brand' of Christianity there may not be such heated debate that goes round and round and gets nowhere.

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm non-denominational but I think if we knew everybody's 'brand' of Christianity there may not be such heated debate that goes round and round and gets nowhere.

Even us non-denominational types have some of our past beliefs that we hold dear... for example i was raised a Baptist so I believe Baptism comes after salvation not as an infant (even though I was baptized as an infant into the Lutheran church). You are welcome to Baptize your infant if you like, I just think it does nothing, and in fact hinders a believer from getting baptized later when they commit their life to Christ fully.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Even us non-denominational types have some of our past beliefs that we hold dear... for example i was raised a Baptist so I believe Baptism comes after salvation not as an infant (even though I was baptized as an infant into the Lutheran church). You are welcome to Baptize your infant if you like, I just think it does nothing, and in fact hinders a believer from getting baptized later when they commit their life to Christ fully.

We all seem to cling to one ceremony or another. They speak of Gods work in us, but we cling to the letter in one or more of the rites. I don’t exactly know why we do that, but I’ve noted we do…

Reactions: David H.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We all seem to cling to one ceremony or another. They speak of Gods work in us, but we cling to the letter in one or more of the rites. I don’t exactly know why we do that, but I’ve noted we do…
And there go me and Dave derailing the thread lol! We’re both pros. Don’t attempt it at home. Lol

Reactions: TLHKAJ

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is actually a pretty good forum. Go over to christianforums.com and try to share the gospel lol. You'll get hated right outta there. I am not quite sure why they call it christian forums. I think this one is good because most of the people here are more conservative leaning.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is actually a pretty good forum. Go over to christianforums.com and try to share the gospel lol. You'll get hated right outta there. I am not quite sure why they call it christian forums. I think this one is good because most of the people here are more conservative leaning.

My first foray into an online forum many years ago, I found a man preaching the whole gospel. There were men who showed such hatred and malice toward him which amazed and confused me as he was teaching the whole gospel. Barely had I come across him when he was banned. I was just frozen in shocked confusion as to how this could be that a man teaching the entire gospel would be kicked out. But he sent another man into the place he was banned from to answer a question I had asked so I was able to follow him to another forum. I think I remember he got banned from there too. Finally, I found this forum we are in and asked him to come here as it seemed to be a place where the whole gospel is loved. It’s been many, many years and he’s still here and I’m still here. :)

Reactions: Mantis and TLHKAJ

Christian Gedge

Jul 24, 2022
Waikato
5loaves2fishes.wixsite.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Hi there!

I think a Podcast forum might fit nicely among the Community Fellowship Forums. It would require moderation though, and rules such as reasonable video length; adherence to orthodox doctrine, flooding, etc.

Perhaps your 'Online church service directory' could be placed as a sticky at the top, but there are forum members who could add a few from time to time. I know I would like to.

Rudometkin

Sep 14, 2020
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey, Dan! Nice question. I like your engagement here.

Reinforcing your structure is what is needed.

Why would you add something like another forum category when the ones you have aren't being used properly? I see random threads consistently made in the Christian Debate section that have nothing to do with Christian debate.

Great potential at these forums, but this is not kept very sharp. I once made a big deal about the non-Christian section because I noticed a rule where Christians weren't supposed to make threads was constantly being broken. Staff handled it nicely but after a short time it went straight back down to - no man's land - free for all - nothing enforced.

Why have rules if they are not enforced?