Whatever happened to large families?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
Vale of tears

I am not catholic but must admit that through thick and thin the Catholic Church were often the only ones who were against birth control and abortion etc.

They were obviously correct

And of course the "Liberal Left" keep bashing them to this day

This Vale Of Tears

Indian Papist
Jun 13, 2013
Idaho
Arnie Manitoba said:
Vale of tears
I am not catholic but must admit that through thick and thin the Catholic Church were often the only ones who were against birth control and abortion etc.

They were obviously correct

And of course the "Liberal Left" keep bashing them to this day
I'm glad you see it too. Birth control has been used as a cudgel by the Left against family values, most pointedly by the recent Obamacare law that forces the Catholic Church to provide contraceptive coverage in violation of our beliefs. It's hammered into kids at school that "as long as they're going to do it anyway" we might as well give them the tools to prevent STD's and children. Like Lot and his family became corrupted by the unprincipled culture around them, Christians have softened in their righteous stance against artificial means of controlling childbirth. It isn't difficult to demonstrate how birth control has lead to abortion on demand and how the two work hand-in-hand because they're built on the same premise. If we as Christians have our senses exercised to discern good from evil (Hebrews 5:14) it's not difficult to see how contraceptives have given rise to all manner of deviant behavior that has been normalized today.

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
This Vale Of Tears said:
I'm glad you see it too. Birth control has been used as a cudgel by the Left against family values, most pointedly by the recent Obamacare law that forces the Catholic Church to provide contraceptive coverage in violation of our beliefs. It's hammered into kids at school that "as long as they're going to do it anyway" we might as well give them the tools to prevent STD's and children. Like Lot and his family became corrupted by the unprincipled culture around them, Christians have softened in their righteous stance against artificial means of controlling childbirth. It isn't difficult to demonstrate how birth control has lead to abortion on demand and how the two work hand-in-hand because they're built on the same premise. If we as Christians have our senses exercised to discern good from evil (Hebrews 5:14) it's not difficult to see how contraceptives have given rise to all manner of deviant behavior that has been normalized today.
Birth control has also led into the legalization of same sex marriage. Birth control took away the main goal of marriage, which is procreation. So, since procreation is no longer the goal of marriage....then why shouldn't two men or two women get married to each other? This became part of the gay activists' argument for same sex marriage.

Reactions: This Vale Of Tears