What's wrong with society

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

jkeithbrock

Nov 6, 2007
never really paid attention to how bad the tv shows are nowadays. Being born again has opened my eyes to the programming on tv. It is to the point now I can't watch tv because I get disgusted. I mean there is a show on VH1 with men and women competing to win a bisexual women. I mean come on, who thinks of this stuff. My little girl loves Veggietales and I thought it was cool that it was on regular tv now, but they stripped all the religious aspects from the show, because they couldn't have that on tv but they can have 2 women and a guy making out

Peacebewithyou

Nov 6, 2007
(jkeithbrock;22446)
never really paid attention to how bad the tv shows are nowadays. Being born again has opened my eyes to the programming on tv. It is to the point now I can't watch tv because I get disgusted. I mean there is a show on VH1 with men and women competing to win a bisexual women. I mean come on, who thinks of this stuff. My little girl loves Veggietales and I thought it was cool that it was on regular tv now, but they stripped all the religious aspects from the show, because they couldn't have that on tv but they can have 2 women and a guy making out
I agree with you totally. There is very little on TV that is worth our time at all. Our children might be a bit older than your little girl, but what we do is rent older TV shows from Blockbuster or Netflicks. We've watched the entire Little House on the Prarie series and also the Waltons with our kids. They loved it. There are good, quality movies available as well - but TV? Nope - not a thing. If the show is somewhat "clean," the commericals they air & the "teasers" for other shows are pure trash.
sad.gif

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
Yea, I hate watching TV, these days, and it's not healthy, due to the fact filthiness...1. Lust, this world of TV is full of lust.2. It is completely addicting. People are absorbed to watching evil...P.S. Having Christ in our hearts helps life a lot...due to the fact that GOOD is not even addicting. Just completely PURE HEALTHINESS.Lovest ye in Christ Yahshua our Lord and Saviour.

Jon-Marc

Jun 8, 2007
Jacumba, CA
The filthy language on TV turns me off--especially the use of God's name in vain, and it's getting constantly worse. It's getting very difficult to find anything fit for Christian people to watch. Shows glorify homosexuality and other sin, and yet people are offended by the Bible, or the use of God or Jesus Christ as anything other than profanity. That's why I like my computer where I can enjoy discussing the word of God and where His name is praised rather than cursed.

jkeithbrock

Nov 6, 2007
I agree. Whenever a tragedy hit's people ask "Where did they learn this" and I want to tell them from the crappy shows that you let them watch. I remember about 10 years ago when BEavis & Butthead was on, a 5 yr old little boy set his sister on fire because Beavis liked fore and he thought it was cool. My first thought was why was a 5 year watching Beavis & Butthead anyways

Ikonion

Nov 19, 2007
I don't have a TV since 9 years now and I never ever missed it a minute. Try it, you will wonder how much time you suddenly have! God will help you!
smile.gif

Jon-Marc

Jun 8, 2007
Jacumba, CA
The filthy language on TV turns me off. I started watching a show called The Shield, and right off the bat the main character used God's name in vain. I switched the TV off. There have been a number of shows I've turned off for the same reason. That kind of immature language might make it more realistic since that's the way most people talk--including many who CLAIM to be Christians, but I don't think it adds anything to the show. I outgrew profanity when I was 16, and I wasn't a Christian then. That's why I don't consider it to be an "adult language", but rather an immature language needed by those with limited vocabularies and feeble minds who use it to sound forceful. When I told a man once about being a Christian, he said he was a Christian too, and then used God's name in vain in the same sentence.