Where do you fit

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Here is an interesting chart that breaks down the Bible into chapters, verses, and words. How long do you think it would take someone to cover His Word if they only get a verse or two per week as taught in many churches? But then we have those who say I understand God's Word... I read the Bible once! Below are a couple of figures we put together.One chapter a day would take 3.25 years.One verse a day would take 85.21 years.One chapter a week would take 22.86 years.One verse a week would take 598.11 years. Where do you fit in? There is a big difference between reading and understanding His Word. It would appear to me that we have a long way to go!

sevver

Dec 31, 2006
I try to read 3 to 4 chapters a day, and have been doing so for around four months, before that I would sporadically read a book in the Bible. I find that on occasion I don't read in the Bible every day, but when I don't generally I am reading something pertaining to Christianity or the Bible, or soon, History of the time. I hope to really get as much as I can out of it. These Bible Studies have really helped, I hope to use them in my small group sometime. I also go every Saturday with a Pastor friend, and a few other friends and we are studying a book called Portable Seminary, on average we get around 4 pages in the book per session, that will take us a while at that rate.