WHERE IS TRUTH?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
WHERE IS TRUTH?

There was a bloke, it wasn't Zeus
instructions were to name him Jesus
some have thought he was a hippie
although we're told he was a Chippie

Whittling as he did with wood
the stuff he made was rather good
the family business moved along
his mother's stories lingered on

Thoughts arose of down the track
who it was that had his back
his brothers might have thought him odd
all those questions about God

From early years enquiry grew
and soon the knowledge that he knew
no time to waste, no time to goof
he said it boldly, I am the Truth.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
WHERE IS TRUTH?

There was a bloke, it wasn't Zeus
instructions were to name him Jesus
some have thought he was a hippie
although we're told he was a Chippie

Whittling as he did with wood
the stuff he made was rather good
the family business moved along
his mother's stories lingered on

Thoughts arose of down the track
who it was that had his back
his brothers might have thought him odd
all those questions about God

From early years enquiry grew
and soon the knowledge that he knew
no time to waste, no time to goof
he said it boldly, I am the Truth.

Are trolling or do you have a point that applies to this thread?

Reactions: GracePeace

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
looking for truth? ....Pilate faced with its epitome didn't see it.
This is simple truth.
All you have to do is open your eyes and read.
That is a big part of the problem, people coming to the Bible to make it believe what they believe.
Try learning from the Bible.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not the topic.
Start a thread and I will be happy to take you to school.

Yes, I was answering the topic, as I said. I'll be happy to discuss anything you want to discuss. I'm not going to open a thread to discuss anything with someone with an aberrant view of Christianity. I will respond to any public posts you make that I feel need to be addressed.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@quietthinker @Randy Kluth
Open a thread and we can go nose to nose.
But making silly statements here is trolling.

I've answered this thread, and you've not convinced me you're capable of defending your brand of Christianity. You say the point I'm making is off topic, and I think it's spot on. So we can agree to disagree, and I'll let off.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I delete when I make silly statements--you're acting deliberately provocative by claiming you will "take me to school." I'll try to ignore that. I've answered this thread, and you've not convinced me you're capable of defending your brand of Christianity. You say the point I'm making is off topic, and I think it's spot on. So we can agree to disagree, and I'll let off.

No you did not. You are talking about the Old Testament, this thread is about the New Testament.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
truth is not an abstract....it is a person..... embodied in Jesus
I am not talking about an abstract.
Each of the persons talks about the extremes. Christ, Paul, Peter, and John.
Then people pick one extreme or the other and then argue about it.
I guess here on the forum you don't notice people throwing scriptures at each other from one extreme to the other.
You do not ask yourself why the same person is talking the extremes?

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I am not talking about an abstract.
Each of the persons talks about the extremes. Christ, Paul, Peter, and John.
Then people pick one extreme or the other and then argue about it.
I guess here on the forum you don't notice people throwing scriptures at each other from one extreme to the other.
You do not ask yourself why the same person is talking the extremes?
Your OP asked the question....are you dissatisfied with my direction?

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No you did not. You are talking about the Old Testament, this thread is about the New Testament.

You asked about why the many divisions in Christianity. The answer to that was not limited to just the New Testament.

As I said, I wished to begin with responding to the reason why there are so many divisions in Christianity, and then work back to the topics under consideration. But that led to my showing you that your own liberal beliefs are part of the reasons for the divisions in Christianity. Liberal Theology is actually a different theological system than Conservative Theology. This forces there to be schismatic divisions within Christianity, clarifying these distinctions.

So, due to your concern about off-topic matters, I've opened up a new thread for your peace of mind. I'll be waiting for your response.

Last edited:

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your OP asked the question....are you dissatisfied with my direction?
I doubt if those are my words.
But this has been going on for centuries and has prevented people from understand the truth.
You going to pick one? One of the thousands of denominations, that did not get it right?
Are you going to be among the "church of ones" that just defines another million beliefs, but still not get it right.
Pick an extreme and go in and start a debate and I can give you scriptures for the other extreme, a lot of the times from the same Apostle or Christ himself. Continue the division with no hope of understanding.

Last edited:

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But this has been going on for centuries and has prevented people from understand the truth.
You going to pick one? One of the thousands of denominations, that did not get right?
Are you going to be among the "church of ones" that just defines another million beliefs, but still not get it right.
Pick an extreme and go in and start a debate and I can give you scriptures for the other extreme, a lot of the times from the same Apostle or Christ himself. Continue the division with no hope of understanding.

Sounds familiar--thesis, antithesis, synthesis becomes the new thesis. Hegel?
Your notion: extreme on the left, reactionary extreme on the right, compromise becomes the new "true" theology?

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sounds familiar--thesis, antithesis, synthesis becomes the new thesis. Hegel?
Your notion: extreme on the left, reactionary extreme on the right, compromise becomes the new "true" theology?

Again pick an extreme...lets go for it.
Truth is not a compromise, but you have to have an honest heart to find it.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You asked about why the many divisions in Christianity. The answer to that was not limited to just the New Testament.

As I said, I wished to begin with responding to the reason why there are so many divisions in Christianity, and then work back to the topics under consideration. But that led to my showing you that your own liberal beliefs are part of the reasons for the divisions in Christianity. Liberal Theology is actually a different theological system than Conservative Theology. This forces there to be schismatic divisions within Christianity, clarifying these distinctions.

So, due to your concern about off-topic matters, I've opened up a new thread for your peace of mind. I'll be waiting for your response.

Me have liberal beliefs? As Tweety bird said, He don't know me real well does he?

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You going to pick one? One of the thousands of denominations, that did not get it right?
I see you have misunderstood my statement; here it is again, 'Your OP asked the question....are you dissatisfied with my direction?' I will rephrase it, Your OP asked the question 'Where is Truth?' My response is, 'are you dissatisfied with my direction'. For further clarity, my direction is this; 'truth is not an abstract....it is a person..... embodied in Jesus' as in post #109

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Me have liberal beliefs? As Tweety bird said, He don't know me real well does he?

Apparently not. I try not to judge by appearances, but by all appearances you looked very much like a liberal. My apologies!

So I will try to deal with you as someone with orthodox, conservative Christian beliefs who simply views a particular issue differently than I do.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see you have misunderstood my statement; here it is again, 'Your OP asked the question....are you dissatisfied with my direction?' I will rephrase it, Your OP asked the question 'Where is Truth?' My response is, 'are you dissatisfied with my direction'. For further clarity, my direction is this; 'truth is not an abstract....it is a person..... embodied in Jesus' as in post #109

I got that and said truth is not an abstract
That I agree with.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But I'm not having an issue with a "smart person." This is a discussion forum. I'm challenging some of the statements you made, which appear to be in error, which appear to be a misinterpretation of some of Paul's statements.

By all means challenge them, but most of Paul's statement are clear and do not require wild interpretations.

You haven't corrected anything I've said, except that I was unable to put together your aberrant statements with the fact you claim to be conservative and spiritual.

I have in fact corrected a good part of what you said.

But that is between you and God. I'm just trying to get past your talk about yourself to get to the issues.

I have not talked myself into issues, I have been responding to you.

You see, you're not really very appreciative of "spiritual things,

Since my favorite churches are Holy Ghost churches, I cannot see how you would come to that opinion.

Again, you give curt statements about your beliefs, when I asked for how your particular theology of the Law evolved.

I have told you before my beliefs come from NT scriptures....Well because, I am a Christion.

I started out explaining how sects in Christianity evolved *before* dealing with the specifics of any particular issue. You have said very little up to now.

I have said a lot up to now, mostly to correct you. Where are the scriptures that back you up.

You said I should "talk first." So you've proven nothing to date, and have only given Scriptures which can be interpreted different ways.

You can twist the scriptures but can I say you have twisted them....you have not produced enough to know for sure.

All I really know is that you've misinterpreted Paul's statement that the Law is deficient.

Prove me wrong.

God Himself defended the Law, while it was in effect. And it remains as a witness to the character of God. You tend to use the Law to trash God's character. That's the notion that you need to correct or own up to.

I quote scripture and you do not like that.

You really have a chip on your shoulder, don't you?

Not at all.

What you're doing is equating cultural values with divine morality. God's tolerance of the fallen human condition was imperative if God was ever to instruct them in righteousness. Dealing with them as they were was not a statement of God's ideal from the beginning, but a concession to the need to deal with human beings in their fallen condition in order to redeem them.

I think Christ handled that very efficiently.

Slavery was a product of sin, but was not sin itself.

Slavery was part of the Mosaic Law and not condemned in any way in the OT or the NT.

So God tolerated a condition He did not originally want

Scripture please.

The fact we will be reconstituted in new glorious bodies indicates that God does *not* like conditions as they presently are

Scripture please. I am thinking that the new glorious bodies has to do with the spiritual environment of heaven....

hat is positively contradicted by the fact God gave *all* of Israel the Law.

I did not say, He did not give all of Israel the Law.

That is, He expected *all* of them to follow the Law. He could not have expected that they could not follow the Law if He gave it to them at all!

New Testament scripture please.

Ah, so now I know what I believe to be your problem. You think the Old Covenant is still in effect for the Jews? For the record, I believe that is completely contrary to NT teaching.

Do you want to match up scriptures. At this point I am wondering if your beliefs are based on scriptures.
You just got ideas that you like.

None of this is too big for me. I've been dealing with it, little by little, for a long time. If you weren't so arrogant, I could perhaps assist you in learning how to piece things together properly. After all, revelation comes to those who humbly submit to it, in any way God desires to do this--not to the arrogant who claim they already have it intrinsically.

Happy to get into that with you.

That is the standard explanation, which is also true. However, to fully understand this, you should also understand the positives about the Law. After all, King David wrote a huge Psalm dedicating virtually every verse to a praise of the Law.

Those who separate the Law and Grace into two categories are correct to do so, but often fail to understand also how they are related. If you can come down a little off of your high horse, I might be able to help you with this. I'm not claiming superiority over you--I just have a breadth of knowledge about it, having dedicated my life to it. And it has cost me dearly. It, more than anything, costs us our pride. So begin by dropping that. These things should not be issues between brothers of the same faith.

The issue between you and I, are that you want to mix Judaism with Christianity. That is explicitly forbidden by Christ and Paul, with devastating affects. You cannot be in two Covenants.