Which Came First , Covenants Or Dispensations ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dan p

Mar 26, 2009
Hi to all , There is also , much confusion between Covenant theology and Dispensationalist , and try put Dispensationalism , as Johhy-come lately, and that it is man-made theology , and just recently discovered, and that is NOT so and will prove that , not so .1) In Eph 1:4 , According as he hath chosen us in Him BEFORE the foundation of the world , that we should be holy and without blame before Him in Love . This verse PRE-dates Genesis 1:1 .2) Then in 2 Tim 1: 9 , we have the same thing . Our calling, salvation, by Grace , which was given to us in Christ Jesus BEFORE THE WORLD BEGAN . Here is and another verse that PRE-dates Genesis 1:1 .3) So , dispensations came FIRST and they 2 passages prove it .4) But I see one more Dispensation , and that is the Dispensation of Angelic Testing , where Lucifer and those angels unde him fell .

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
The book was closed by God if you remember Daniel closed up the book til knowledge increased the command to the early fathers was preach the gospel around the world.... Not understand the End times I completely disagree that we are to disregard dispensationalism because it was not thoroughly understood until knowledge increased ... However that doesn't mean we are not view some dispensationalist teachings as being in error .. if they are not in line with scripture. We are in the last, end time generation.. the Book has now been opened to us ... The Bible is a living book not a history book ... Lets not throw out the baby with the bath water ....

Vickie

Feb 26, 2009
Hi Dan, here is something you can enjoy perhaps with the insight it gives on dispensation and the bible. Definitions of dispensation on the Web:an exemption from some rule or obligationa share that has been dispensed or distributedthe act of dispensing (giving out in portions) wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwnIn the Canon Law of the Roman Catholic Church, a dispensation is the suspension by competent authority of general rules of law in particular cases ...en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dispensation_(Catholic_Church)The act of dispensing or dealing out; distribution; often used of the distribution of good and evil by God to man, or more generically, of the acts and modes of his administration; That which is dispensed, dealt out, or appointed; that which is enjoined or bestowed; A system of principles ...en.wiktionary.org/wiki/dispensationDispensational - Dispensationalism is a Christian theological view of history and Biblical interpretation that became popular during the 1800s and early 1900s and ...en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dispensational"(Gr. oikonomia, "management," "economy"). (1.) The method or" scheme according to which God carries out his ...www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/Free-Bible-Dictionary-D.phpIn the Scofield Reference Bible a dispensation is "a period of time during which man is tested in respect of obedience to some specific ...www.spiritrestoration.org/Theological_Terms/Calvinism_to_Dualism.htmThe freeing of a religious from the obligations of the vows* he has made and allowing him to return to the life of a lay Catholic. ...www.augustinianrecollects.org/glossary.html3622 οἰκονομία [oikonomia /oy·kon·om·ee·ah/] n f. From 3623; TDNT 5:151; TDNTA 674; GK 3873; Seven occurrences; AV translates as “dispensation” four times, and “stewardship” three times. 1 the management of a household or of household affairs. 1a specifically, the management, oversight, administration, of other’s property. 1b the office of a manager or overseer, stewardship. 1c administration, dispensation.Strong, James: The Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible : Showing Every Word of the Text of the Common English Version of the Canonical Books, and Every Occurrence of Each Word in Regular Order. electronic ed. Ontario : Woodside Bible Fellowship., 1996, S. G36221 Cor 9:17 For if I do this thing willingly, I have a reward: but if against my will, a dispensation of the gospel is committed unto me. G3622 Eph 1:10 That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him: G3622 Eph 3:2 If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward: G3622 Col 1:25 Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God; This opened my eyes not to accept the 1800's Christian dispenstional teachings. But, rather, simplicity, in when God dispensed a change in the Law, a dispensation, a change in the Law come into existence. Like Paul said, if he is willful in following Christ he has a reward, but if he goes against Christ's dispensation of the gospel committed to him then he has gone against Christ and proven himself untrustworthy. Thought this was interesting and wanted to share. Any thoughts? maybe I am not clear in this what I think. In Christ's love Vickie

dan p

Mar 26, 2009
QUOTE (Vickie @ Mar 30 2009, 05:24 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=71442
Hi Dan, here is something you can enjoy perhaps with the insight it gives on dispensation and the bible. Definitions of dispensation on the Web:an exemption from some rule or obligationa share that has been dispensed or distributedthe act of dispensing (giving out in portions) wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwnIn the Canon Law of the Roman Catholic Church, a dispensation is the suspension by competent authority of general rules of law in particular cases ...en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dispensation_(Catholic_Church)The act of dispensing or dealing out; distribution; often used of the distribution of good and evil by God to man, or more generically, of the acts and modes of his administration; That which is dispensed, dealt out, or appointed; that which is enjoined or bestowed; A system of principles ...en.wiktionary.org/wiki/dispensationDispensational - Dispensationalism is a Christian theological view of history and Biblical interpretation that became popular during the 1800s and early 1900s and ...en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dispensational"(Gr. oikonomia, "management," "economy"). (1.) The method or" scheme according to which God carries out his ...www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/Free-Bible-Dictionary-D.phpIn the Scofield Reference Bible a dispensation is "a period of time during which man is tested in respect of obedience to some specific ...www.spiritrestoration.org/Theological_Terms/Calvinism_to_Dualism.htmThe freeing of a religious from the obligations of the vows* he has made and allowing him to return to the life of a lay Catholic. ...www.augustinianrecollects.org/glossary.html3622 οἰκονομία [oikonomia /oy·kon·om·ee·ah/] n f. From 3623; TDNT 5:151; TDNTA 674; GK 3873; Seven occurrences; AV translates as “dispensation” four times, and “stewardship” three times. 1 the management of a household or of household affairs. 1a specifically, the management, oversight, administration, of other’s property. 1b the office of a manager or overseer, stewardship. 1c administration, dispensation.Strong, James: The Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible : Showing Every Word of the Text of the Common English Version of the Canonical Books, and Every Occurrence of Each Word in Regular Order. electronic ed. Ontario : Woodside Bible Fellowship., 1996, S. G36221 Cor 9:17 For if I do this thing willingly, I have a reward: but if against my will, a dispensation of the gospel is committed unto me. G3622 Eph 1:10 That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him: G3622 Eph 3:2 If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward: G3622 Col 1:25 Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God; This opened my eyes not to accept the 1800's Christian dispenstional teachings. But, rather, simplicity, in when God dispensed a change in the Law, a dispensation, a change in the Law come into existence. Like Paul said, if he is willful in following Christ he has a reward, but if he goes against Christ's dispensation of the gospel committed to him then he has gone against Christ and proven himself untrustworthy. Thought this was interesting and wanted to share. Any thoughts? maybe I am not clear in this what I think. In Christ's love Vickie
Hi Vickie , I will start a new thread to explain , what Paulins Dispensationalism is , soon .

bethog

Mar 29, 2009
QUOTE (dan p @ Mar 30 2009, 09:44 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=71437
Hi to all , There is also , much confusion . . . . . .
Which Came First . . . the chicken or the egg? You seem to be the only one to be confused by things that are not important.

WhiteKnuckle

Mar 29, 2009
QUOTE (bethog @ Apr 1 2009, 06:28 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=71569
Which Came First . . . the chicken or the egg? You seem to be the only one to be confused by things that are not important.
I agree. Dan, seriously, I mean this with all the best of respect and out of as much love as I can muster. Quit bothering yourself over little controversies that don't do anything to bring you closer to the Lord!

LanceEh

Feb 23, 2009
QUOTE (bethog @ Apr 1 2009, 07:28 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=71569
Which Came First . . . the chicken or the egg?
God did, and then he created both
smile.gif

dan p

Mar 26, 2009
QUOTE (WhiteKnuckle @ Apr 1 2009, 06:37 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=71570
I agree. Dan, seriously, I mean this with all the best of respect and out of as much love as I can muster. Quit bothering yourself over little controversies that don't do anything to bring you closer to the Lord!
Hi to you , Whiteknuckle , if I am going into a little tizzey , explain what is wrong with the OP ?

WhiteKnuckle

Mar 29, 2009
QUOTE (dan p @ Apr 1 2009, 07:13 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=71577
Hi to you , Whiteknuckle , if I am going into a little tizzey , explain what is wrong with the OP ?
I just don't understand why you are concerned with who came first or what came first. It does nothing to help bring you closer in the knowledge of the Lord. You are trying to understand things that have absolutely no consequence to Salvation. A lot of these things are controversies that do nothing more than keep people from learning the truth of the word of God. A lot of things you ask in my opinion are like asking, Why is an apple not an orange.However, I give a concession to your questions. I can see that you are sincere. My concession is that these are things I once concerned myself with when I very first started reading the bible. I feel like these things hindered my growth in knowledge and confused many aside from myself.It's a growing concern of mine that the "gospel" you are teaching does not align with the gospel I have been shown, and many others have been shown.

dan p

Mar 26, 2009
QUOTE (WhiteKnuckle @ Apr 1 2009, 07:34 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=71586
I just don't understand why you are concerned with who came first or what came first. It does nothing to help bring you closer in the knowledge of the Lord. You are trying to understand things that have absolutely no consequence to Salvation. A lot of these things are controversies that do nothing more than keep people from learning the truth of the word of God. A lot of things you ask in my opinion are like asking, Why is an apple not an orange.However, I give a concession to your questions. I can see that you are sincere. My concession is that these are things I once concerned myself with when I very first started reading the bible. I feel like these things hindered my growth in knowledge and confused many aside from myself.It's a growing concern of mine that the "gospel" you are teaching does not align with the gospel I have been shown, and many others have been shown.
1) Hi Whiteknuckle , if everything was about salvation , this web site would be boring . But people have question concerning many subjects .2) If you have a growing concern , just say to me , where I am wrong about the Gospel that I havs shared with all on this site .