Who Are The Peacemakers?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You go ahead a measure all your understanding in the light of your profession. I'll continue to speak about spiritual things.
Everyone of your thread starters is based on your own reason and deduction, your a counselor that is evident in your ability to reason. You come to this forum presuming to treat everyone as a patent on your couch. I gave you my opinion you have yours. You go on now and preach how Gandhi is proof of this peace I spoke of, you can't, but you can in the peace your looking for. I'm not here to listen to a psychic evaluation thank you.

You have another patent I'll leave you so you can tend to him.

If you think starting a conversation is the same thing as a counseling session, you know nothing about counseling. I am sorry you resent my profession and my faith, but I am not going to stop discussing topics here simply because you do not like me - sorry.

Like I said before, find another topic if mine are too simplistic or secular for your taste. No one is forcing you to read my posts or reply to them.

Nomad

Post Tenebras Lux
Aug 9, 2009
Philadelphia, PA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
. . .what does living in peace look like?

Basically it looks like this:

1Co 13:4 Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant
1Co 13:5 or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful;
1Co 13:6 it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth.
1Co 13:7 Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

We shouldn't be too quick to demand our own rights or insist on promoting our own interests over the rights and interests of others. In other words, we should be as selfless as possible.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Basically it looks like this:

1Co 13:4 Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant
1Co 13:5 or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful;
1Co 13:6 it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth.
1Co 13:7 Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

We shouldn't be too quick to demand our own rights or insist on promoting our own interests over the rights and interests of others. In other words, we should be as selfless as possible.

I love 1 Corinthians 13 - Paul was truly converted - mind, heart, and soul. His letters are saturated with love and peace. I totally agree that we should not be too quick to demand our own way. Avoiding pride - giving up ego. The true self is the seat of love because God knows our true self - people who live in their false self are going to hear Christ telling them that He doesn't know them.