Who Does The Moon, A Bloody Female Of The Night, Represent?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

whirlwind

Nov 8, 2007
Genesis 1:14-19 And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years: And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so. And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: He made the stars also. And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth, And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good. And the evening and the morning were the fourth day.

Biblically the moon is referred to as....."the lesser of two great lights, it, itself, new moon, the moon" and....."her"! Why is the moon referred to as "her," a female that "rules the night?" :unsure: Along with the sun and moon we have "the stars." Who is it these heavenly bodies symbolize for the spiritual meaning is given in the literal and we are to see the spiritual?

As the celestial bodies are for signs, seasons, etc...where do we read of them connected to the end of days? Below, In Ezekiel, our Father is speaking of Pharoah, who is a type for the antichrist, telling us He will send a company of people (I wonder who that is :D ) to pull him up in a net (net??? hummmm). He continues....​

Ezekiel 32:7 And when I shall put thee out, I will cover the heaven, and make the stars thereof dark; I will cover the sun with a cloud, and the moon shall not give her light.

When it is time for the great tribulation of anti christ, when He "shall put thee out," it is time for all the signs in the stars, sun and moon to happen. He teaches this same event in....​

Isaiah 13:1,10 The burden of Babylon, which Isaiah the son of Amoz did see. (10) For the stars of heaven and the constellations thereof shall not give their light: the sun shall be darkened in his going forth, and the moon shall not cause her light to shine.

Matthew 24:29-30 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken: And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

There are many side trails to this thread but I'm trying to keep it on track as much as I can so I'll stick with the moon being referred to as "her," and "becoming as blood." Other mentions of this event are in.....​

Revelation 6:12 (666) And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;

Joel 2:31 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and terrible day of the LORD come.

The sun is symbolic of Christ who "rules the day," and the children of light. The moon is symbolic of Satan and his workers who "rule the night" and the children of darkness. Both great lights shine their light upon the earth (mankind who is made of earth). It is up to those of the earth to choose whether they are of the day or night. So why is the moon who rules the night named a "her?" Why does she "not give her light" and "became as blood" and do those two events happen at the same time?

She became as blood at the opening of the sixth seal which is when the sun becomes black. In another verse, when the sun is darkened the moon doesn't give her light. Is the sun darkening and becoming black the same event? If yes, then the moon not giving her light and becoming blood are the same event.​

Revelation 11:3 And I will give power unto My two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.

Sackcloth is worn as a sign of grief...mourning clothes, funeral attire...black. They shall prophesy in mourning clothes. This is the same event in [Rev.6:12 666] where "the sun became black as sackcloth of hair." A poster, Irish, said the verse should be understood as "they're clothed in the knowledge of the prophecy." My thought is, as the sun is symbolic of Christ and He dwells in the witnesses...the witnesses are also the sun (one body). When the sun, body of Christ, is darkened is when they are "clothed in sackcloth." But what of the moon. What does her becoming blood mean?

As God's Spirit enters His (many) "two witnesses"......

Revelation 11:11 And after three days and an half the spirit of life from God entered into them, and they stood upon their feet; and great fear fell upon them which saw them.​

.....the spirit of Satan enters his workers....as he entered Judas! [Luke 22:3] At the sixth trump, sixth seal and sixth vial, 666....is when the "moon became blood." As the elect are filled with the Spirit of God and are represented as the sun and stars, the moon is Satan entering those that are blood, the "moon became blood." Who are they?​

Ezekiel 16:8-9 Now when I passed by thee, and looked upon thee, behold, thy time was the time of love; and I spread My skirt over thee, and covered thy nakedness: yea, I sware unto thee, and entered into a covenant with thee, saith the Lord GOD, and thou becamest Mine. Then washed I thee with water; yea, I throughly washed away thy blood from thee, and I anointed thee with oil.

He washed the blood from the one(s) He loves and anointed her (them). Biblically, to spread a skirt over someone is to marry them. So the blood is cleansed from the wife and bride while the moon....becomes blood.​

1 Corinthians 15:50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

Luke 24:39 Behold My hands and My feet, that it is I myself: handle Me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see Me have.

Ephesians 5:30 For we are members of His body, of His flesh, and of His bones.

Flesh and BLOOD cannot inherit the kingdom but flesh and BONES can and does. Meaning....we must spiritually die to self, crucify our carnal nature to be of His kingdom......​

Leviticus 17:11 For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul.

Galatians 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave Himself for me.

Romans 6:6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with Him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

So those of us that love Christ die to self and are then....flesh and bones. Who are those that are flesh and blood, those that cannot enter the kingdom?​

Revelation 17:5-6 And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH. And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration.

Revelation 18:24 And in her was found the blood of prophets, and of saints, and of all that were slain upon the earth.

The woman is the great city Babylon, mother of harlots which are...females of the night! Consider that our Father compares adultery to idolatry. This is speaking of our spirits, our very souls dwelling in the great city. This woman became as blood and she is "drunken with the blood of the saints and martyrs of Jesus." Some of the prophets, saints and martyrs were literally slain while today they are spiritually crucified (shed their blood) for those that inhabit the great city. Those of the great city remain flesh and blood for they have not crucified their carnal nature.

So where it is written, "the moon turned into blood, became as blood, shall not give her light, shall not cause her light to shine," is telling us two things. The great city is drunken with the blood of God's children that spiritually die for their fellow man AND it is filled with those that do not die to self. They remain flesh and blood and are deceived by the spirit of Satan. The moon became blood.

Why does she not "cause her light to shine?" The moon reflects the light of the sun and the sun is darkened so she has no "light to give." Her light is a fake light and that fake light (Satan) is in the bloody city.​

Jeremiah 51:44-45 And I will punish Bel in Babylon, and I will bring forth out of his mouth that which he hath swallowed up: and the nations shall not flow together any more unto him: yea, the wall of Babylon shall fall. My people, go ye out of the midst of her, and deliver ye every man his soul from the fierce anger of the LORD.

Bel, Satan, is "he." Babylon, the great whore is "her." Bel is "in Babylon" so Satan is in the great whore...the great city! They are one. Christ and His wife and bride, Jerusalem and Zion the Holy City, are One. The moon (referred to as her), a female of the night is...the great whore. Why is she a whore...she is worldly, she commits idolatry, she is all of us that have not been saved.​

Revelation 17:16-17 And the ten horns which thou sawest upon the beast, these shall hate the whore, and shall make her desolate and naked, and shall eat her flesh, and burn her with fire. For God hath put in their hearts to fulfil his will, and to agree, and give their kingdom unto the beast, until the words of God shall be fulfilled.

The ten horns are ten kings...ten of Satan's kings and they hate the whore because they hate all humanity. They revel in deceiving the world, delight in causing the apostasy, take pleasure in making all they can desolate and naked (without Christ).

The "sun and moon" is is a tale of two cities....the holy city Jerusalem and the great city Babylon. The sun (one body of Christ) and the moon (body of Satan). One becomes dark when they prophesy in sackcloth....the other turns to blood and looses all her light when they follow the fake christ. But....that is the spiritual and we're told.....​

1 Corinthians 15:46 Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.

So, it appears there will be a literal darkening of the sun and moon, literal earthquakes, literal stars falling, etc, which brings us back to where we began.....​

Genesis 1:14 And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:

shmity72

Feb 17, 2009
i have your answer ...i'd look it up but i'll tell you the pronoun her in many of those quoted scriptures probably refers to the woman from old testament psalms that 'eats her bread in private' or some such
i'll look it up for you give me a minute.

it was proverbs i'm thinking of...lol brb

proverbs 9:17 stolen waters are sweet, and bread eaten in secret is pleasant.

i think it's reference to the nurture/nature style of womens defence mechanisms...but don't quote me on that.