Who is Leviathan?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

whirlwind

Nov 8, 2007
Some teach that leviathan is....a crocodile and, in a way he/they are. Please consider this:

Job 41:1 Canst thou draw out leviathan with an hook? or his tongue with a cord which thou lettest down?

41:33-34 Upon earth there is not his like, who is made without fear. He beholdeth all high things: he is a king over all the children of pride."

That alone sheds light on who leviathan is!

Psalm 74:14 Thou brakest the heads of leviathan in pieces, and gavest him to be meat to the people inhabiting the wilderness.

Meat is the Word. This is the false word...pieces of leviathan, given to those in the wilderness. We are taken to the wilderness (which is in our minds) and there we are fed...both God's truth and "pieces of leviathan." We will make a choice as to who we follow

Psalm 104:25-27 So is this great and wide sea, Wherein are things creeping innumerable, Both small and great beasts. There go the ships: there is that leviathan, whom Thou hast made to play therein. These wait all upon Thee; That Thou mayest give them their meat in due season.

Creeping things aren't swimming things. This "great and wide sea" is symbolic of humanity, not the ocean. God made leviathan to play in humanity and he is king of the "children of pride." God allows leviathan to test us. Will we consume false doctrine or not?

Isaiah 27:1 In that day the LORD with his sore and great and strong sword shall punish leviathan the piercing serpent, even leviathan that crooked serpent; and he shall slay the dragon that is in the sea.

We know who the piercing serpent is (the one that pierced our Savior) as well as who the dragon is.....

Revelation 12:9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

So leviathan IS the serpent, IS the dragon and he/they have been cast out for they play in the world NOW deceiving whomever they can. Who are those that were appointed by God to teach His children? The tribe of Levi. Who deceives the world? Levi-athan.

Revelation 2:9 I know thy works and tribulation, and poverty (but thou art rich), and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan.

Levi-athan says they are Levi....pretends to be teachers of God's children but....:mad:

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow, I like the way you think. The way you took that all apart.I'm so new reading the Bible, I've never read any of that.:)

whirlwind

Nov 8, 2007
Miss Hepburn;74108][COLOR=purple]Wow said:
The way you took that all apart.I'm so new reading the Bible, I've never read any of that.:)
And, I like the way you think too. :D I just answered you in another post where you asked who the false prophet was....that is leviathan the great deceiver, and there are many of him teaching God's children today. "Take heed lest any man deceive you." Mark 13:5

Templar81

Apr 14, 2010
UK
Once read that originally there were two Leviathens but they were so big that if they ever brread the seas would be full of them. God killed the male Leviathen and broke his body up and used it to make Mana for the Iraelistes. The female wonders the seas earching ofr her lost mate.

THIS IS A LEGEND

Brother Mike

Sep 16, 2008
ya, Job's issue was the Devil, Not God. He spent most those chapters moaning and complaining about God. God broke it down for him, when he said only he could so something with the Devil.... Pretty interesting...

Jesus Is Lord

whirlwind

Nov 8, 2007
Once read that originally there were two Leviathens but they were so big that if they ever brread the seas would be full of them. God killed the male Leviathen and broke his body up and used it to make Mana for the Iraelistes. The female wonders the seas earching ofr her lost mate.

THIS IS A LEGEND

God did break Leviathan in pieces but not to destroy him. The body of Leviathan serves food to us today...They serve that tainted meal to the body of Christ. Remember, in the wilderness there was manna from God and there was quail / flesh! He sends both and we make a choice.

01CobraVortech

May 2, 2010
NJ
So who agrees that there is a possibility that when satan had a kingdom on earth that these reptilian dinosaurs may have been what he ruled over? And what about the possibility that these dinosaurs were actually intelligent and could speak? I know, I know the Bible doesn't give us those answers but its still intriguing to consider hwo the dinosaurs fit in regarding what occurred on thsi planet long before God created the human race.

Templar81

Apr 14, 2010
UK
It is intriguing! I like the idea of a First age where all the dinosaurs, manlike apes and other prehistoric creatures could have lived. It could have lasted millions of years and then been wiped out 6,00 years ago. The only problem is that in genesis we are told that "the earth was without form." So presumably there was nothing there.

Now; with regards to satan ruling voer dinosaurs, it might have been possible but we know that God created all the "birds of the air and beasts of the field," but that does not mean that the devil could have taken them under his dominio. I think there probably were all manner of strange creatures around when the world was young, remember the Grigori and the Nephillim. I often wonder if the Nephillim have anything to do with the Pagan gods and heroes.

01CobraVortech

May 2, 2010
NJ
It is intriguing! I like the idea of a First age where all the dinosaurs, manlike apes and other prehistoric creatures could have lived. It could have lasted millions of years and then been wiped out 6,00 years ago. The only problem is that in genesis we are told that "the earth was without form." So presumably there was nothing there.

Now; with regards to satan ruling voer dinosaurs, it might have been possible but we know that God created all the "birds of the air and beasts of the field," but that does not mean that the devil could have taken them under his dominio. I think there probably were all manner of strange creatures around when the world was young, remember the Grigori and the Nephillim. I often wonder if the Nephillim have anything to do with the Pagan gods and heroes.

I think there is absolutely no question that all the stories about the "heroes of old" and the "seed of the gods" comes from the Nephilim having made contact with every civilization on earth. All these stories in Greek mythology and the legends that other civilizations have, certainly have a lot falsehood mixed in with facts. There's too much similarity in all the stories the ancient civilizations have regarding making contact with "builder gods" and having offspring from these "builder gods." Even more so, there are structures in these primitive civilizations that are engineering marvels and simply could not have been works of ancient man.

Templar81

Apr 14, 2010
UK
It does make sense doesn't i. You only ahve to look at the heroes of Greek mythology who are suppsoed to Demigods, like Perseus and Hercules (Heracles). The book of Enoch tells us a lot about the Nephillim and how they taught mankind how to make weapons and use magic. Definately you hit the nail on the head when you said there are truths mixed with falsehoods. In the case of Greek mythology what you basically have is a lot of fallen angels calling themselves gods and siring children who become heroes or in soem cases monsters. yet the existance of these "gods" is revealed byt he truth of holy writ as they are named Nephillim.

01CobraVortech

May 2, 2010
NJ
It does make sense doesn't i. You only ahve to look at the heroes of Greek mythology who are suppsoed to Demigods, like Perseus and Hercules (Heracles). The book of Enoch tells us a lot about the Nephillim and how they taught mankind how to make weapons and use magic. Definately you hit the nail on the head when you said there are truths mixed with falsehoods. In the case of Greek mythology what you basically have is a lot of fallen angels calling themselves gods and siring children who become heroes or in soem cases monsters. yet the existance of these "gods" is revealed byt he truth of holy writ as they are named Nephillim.

You have your finger on the pulse my friend. And fast forwarding to the future and keeping with the Book of Enoch theme, I believe the Roswell crash was a deliberate attempt by fallen angels to infiltrate our government. We've had an unbelievable technology explosion since that crash. I'm willing to bet that a lot our technology, was not inspired by the pure genius of mankind. The kind of technology coming out of the military and industrial complex is mind boggling. I have no doubt in my mind that the UFO phenomenon and the fallen angels are one and the same. And people are being abducyed in order to engineer more Nephilim, with the big batch being introduced very soon into the human gene pool to repeat the devastation that occurred in Genesis 6. Everything I study in the UFO field, as well as the accounts given by abductees points to a gigantic Nephilim program. But more importantly, we have satan setting up the "STRONG DELUSION" that God spoke of. And I think Jesus warned of a lot more than we realize when he stated, "...that men's heart's would be failing them for seeing what was coming on the earth." He warned of many false christs to come and He may have been alluding to the day that satan creates open ET contact on thsi planet. Quite possibly at the timing of the "rapture." Perfect timing to explain away why people have vanished. Plenty of abductees have reported that they have been told of a future coming "evacuation" of certain people and children. Just by that alone, I know without question that the "rapture" will happen. Everything fits like a glove.

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So who agrees that there is a possibility that when satan had a kingdom on earth that these reptilian dinosaurs may have been what he ruled over? And what about the possibility that these dinosaurs were actually intelligent and could speak? I know, I know the Bible doesn't give us those answers but its still intriguing to consider hwo the dinosaurs fit in regarding what occurred on thsi planet long before God created the human race.

I'm not going to speculate too far on this subject, but with regards to dinosaurs, I think you have to look at them as a corruption. Satan rebelled sometime prior to Adam's appearance - and I believe that rebellion was around 12,000-13,000 years ago at the end of it (that's IMHO not necessarily in the Bible). Whether my theory is right, I don't know. (Yes, I call it a theory and not a hypothesis knowingly.) I think that dinosaurs were part of the world that existed and I think that world was corrupted, perhaps with carnivorous dinosaurs as a corruption of herbivores. Again, this is pure speculation, but we know from Job 40 which speaks of something like a Brontosaurus (Apatosaurus). I don't know how you could apply that description to anything but this dinosaur (or another just like it).

Curiously, this is followed up by the Leviathan.

The characteristics that stand out the most about the Leviathan - as compared with the dinosaur of Job 40 - are the he has rather "human" characteristics. Where the behemoth of Job 40 is described in obviously animalistic terms, this monster can make supplications and speak soft words as well as form covenants and has pride. At the close of Job 41, he is the king of pride. This, at least to me, is very clearly Satan. It is described in terms of a dragon (think Revelation) but it reminds me of the diverse beast of Daniel. This leviathan is supernatural and quite powerful.

We know from Isaiah 14 that God did not create Satan this way; I see this form as a corruption. I see the same with the meat-eating dinosaurs.

You guys are arriving at what the Bible does indeed teach if you have not already. We have good reason to know this earth is old, and contrary to man's assertions, the Bible never says that the earth is ~6,000 years old. (We know Adam's timeline which gives us that correct figure, but that doesn't age the Earth.)

Actually the word used for void/without form means a state of becoming - the word is hayah. Later, in the New Testament, the word often rendered foundation is actually katabole - which means the throwing down or overthrow. I've honestly tried to accept the traditional view of Genesis 1, but it just doesn't compute with Jeremiah 4:23-26. It just seems to me that Genesis 1 emphasizes how bad this initial creation was at this point because it says: void, formless, and dark (to paraphrase just a bit).

There are things like this which we cannot explain: http://www.nytimes.com/imagepages/2008/07/30/science/30cnd-antikythera.ready.html

There are all sorts of little historical anomalies that science cannot explain and generally these things are swept under the rug. I don't necessarily believe it's always on purpose, but science just seems to shrug and move on. Our society has a very defined view of history and you're a nut or lunatic if you question it.

Reactions: 01CobraVortech

01CobraVortech

May 2, 2010
NJ
I'm not going to speculate too far on this subject, but with regards to dinosaurs, I think you have to look at them as a corruption. Satan rebelled sometime prior to Adam's appearance - and I believe that rebellion was around 12,000-13,000 years ago at the end of it (that's IMHO not necessarily in the Bible). Whether my theory is right, I don't know. (Yes, I call it a theory and not a hypothesis knowingly.) I think that dinosaurs were part of the world that existed and I think that world was corrupted, perhaps with carnivorous dinosaurs as a corruption of herbivores. Again, this is pure speculation, but we know from Job 40 which speaks of something like a Brontosaurus (Apatosaurus). I don't know how you could apply that description to anything but this dinosaur (or another just like it).

Curiously, this is followed up by the Leviathan.

The characteristics that stand out the most about the Leviathan - as compared with the dinosaur of Job 40 - are the he has rather "human" characteristics. Where the behemoth of Job 40 is described in obviously animalistic terms, this monster can make supplications and speak soft words as well as form covenants and has pride. At the close of Job 41, he is the king of pride. This, at least to me, is very clearly Satan. It is described in terms of a dragon (think Revelation) but it reminds me of the diverse beast of Daniel. This leviathan is supernatural and quite powerful.

We know from Isaiah 14 that God did not create Satan this way; I see this form as a corruption. I see the same with the meat-eating dinosaurs.

You guys are arriving at what the Bible does indeed teach if you have not already. We have good reason to know this earth is old, and contrary to man's assertions, the Bible never says that the earth is ~6,000 years old. (We know Adam's timeline which gives us that correct figure, but that doesn't age the Earth.)

Actually the word used for void/without form means a state of becoming - the word is hayah. Later, in the New Testament, the word often rendered foundation is actually katabole - which means the throwing down or overthrow. I've honestly tried to accept the traditional view of Genesis 1, but it just doesn't compute with Jeremiah 4:23-26. It just seems to me that Genesis 1 emphasizes how bad this initial creation was at this point because it says: void, formless, and dark (to paraphrase just a bit).

There are things like this which we cannot explain: http://www.nytimes.c...hera.ready.html

There are all sorts of little historical anomalies that science cannot explain and generally these things are swept under the rug. I don't necessarily believe it's always on purpose, but science just seems to shrug and move on. Our society has a very defined view of history and you're a nut or lunatic if you question it.

Wow you made a lot of interesting points there HammerStone. Very interesting theory. Out of curiosity, have you expressed on any thread on this site how you came to the theory of the rebellion occurring 12k -13k ago? I'd like to hear more about this theory and how you put that together. Never heard of anyone putting the rebellion so close, relatively speaking of course, to the creation of mankind.