Who is Moses and who is the old testament Lord of Death.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Marc RL Ministry

May 28, 2021
Melbourne
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Revelation 12:10 (GNT)

• Then I heard a loud voice in heaven saying, “Now God's salvation has come! Now God has shown his power as King! Now his Messiah has shown his authority! For the one who stood before our God and accused believers day and night has been thrown out of heaven.
EXODUS 2
The Birth of Moses

1During this time a man from the tribe of Levi married a woman of his own tribe, 2 and she bore him a son. When she saw what a fine baby he was, she hid him for three months. 3But when she could not hide him any longer, she took a basket made of reeds and covered it with tar to make it watertight. She put the baby in it and then placed it in the tall grass at the edge of the river. 4The baby's sister stood some distance away to see what would happen to him.

5The king's daughter came down to the river to bathe, while her servants walked along the bank. Suddenly she noticed the basket in the tall grass and sent a slave woman to get it. 6The princess opened it and saw a baby boy. He was crying, and she felt sorry for him. “This is one of the Hebrew babies,” she said.

7Then his sister asked her, “Shall I go and call a Hebrew woman to nurse the baby for you?”

8“Please do,” she answered. So the girl went and brought the baby's own mother. 9The princess told the woman, “Take this baby and nurse him for me, and I will pay you.” So she took the baby and nursed him. 10 Later, when the child was old enough, she took him to the king's daughter, who adopted him as her own son. She said to herself, “I pulled him out of the water, and so I name him Moses.”

Moses Escapes to Midian

11 When Moses had grown up, he went out to visit his people, the Hebrews, and he saw how they were forced to do hard labor. He even saw an Egyptian kill a Hebrew, one of Moses' own people. 12Moses looked all around, and when he saw that no one was watching, he killed the Egyptian and hid his body in the sand. 13The next day he went back and saw two Hebrew men fighting. He said to the one who was in the wrong, “Why are you beating up a fellow Hebrew?”

14The man answered, “Who made you our ruler and judge? Are you going to kill me just as you killed that Egyptian?” Then Moses was afraid and said to himself, “People have found out what I have done.” 15-16 When the king heard about what had happened, he tried to have Moses killed, but Moses fled and went to live in the land of Midian.

Exodus 12:29-30

The Death of the First-Born
29 At midnight the Lord killed all the first-born sons in Egypt, from the king's son, who was heir to the throne, to the son of the prisoner in the dungeon; all the first-born of the animals were also killed. 30That night, the king, his officials, and all the other Egyptians were awakened.

John 5:45 (GNT)
Do not think, however, that I am the one who will accuse you to my Father. Moses, in whom you have put your hope, is the very one who will accuse you.

John 8:44 (GNT)

You are the children of your father, the Devil, and you want to follow your father's desires. From the very beginning he was a murderer and has never been on the side of truth, because there is no truth in him. When he tells a lie, he is only doing what is natural to him, because he is a liar and the father of all lies.

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Thread Titles and Original Posts should be coherent and congruent.

Amo 3:1-7 Hear this word that the LORD has spoken against you, O children of Israel, against the whole family which I brought up from the land of Egypt, saying: (2) "You only have I known of all the families of the earth; Therefore I will punish you for all your iniquities." (3) Can two walk together, unless they are agreed? (4) Will a lion roar in the forest, when he has no prey? Will a young lion cry out of his den, if he has caught nothing? (5) Will a bird fall into a snare on the earth, where there is no trap for it? Will a snare spring up from the earth, if it has caught nothing at all? (6) If a trumpet is blown in a city, will not the people be afraid? If there is calamity in a city, will not the LORD have done it? (7) Surely the Lord GOD does nothing, Unless He reveals His secret to His servants the prophets.

Reactions: marks

HisLife

Aug 24, 2020
Napier
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Romans 3:19 Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.

Moses Was a Man Under The Law, How would you fair in those circumstances? But who would lay a Charge to Gods Elect, Moses was a Prophet

Hebrews 1:1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets

2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

Moses was a Prophet, in a specific Ministration, Moses Carried the law and pointed to the Gospel. Jesus fulfilled the law and Is the Gospel

25 Then he said unto them, O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken:

26 Ought not Christ to have suffered these things, and to enter into his glory?

27 And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself.

Two Ministrations, One was the letter of the law written in stone, The Other is of the Spirit written in the Heart and Brings life

There is nothing wrong with Gods Law If you are righteous, The problem is that Man is not...Moses was a man, But he Wanted His peoples Freedom, Moses Wanted to See Gods Glory, And He saw in the Fulfillment Of what he was leading his people to in the person of Jesus in the new testament. Comparing the Flesh to the Spirit and mixing covenants will get you in a big mess, No one could compare to What was to come as we have all fallen short of the Glory of God Moses Glory was Fading Because it couldnt compare To the Glory of God Himself, but Moses pointed toward the Saviour, God Himself is the Saviour

Also For discussions sake why Did Satan Want Moses Body, And who Got it. Jesus Showed He is Moses Lord. Your battle is not with flesh and blood, your battle is with principalities and powers

Last edited:

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Who is Moses and who is the old testament Lord of Death.
There is no OT "Lord of Death". That sounds like some figure out of ancient mythology. Life and death are exclusively in the hands of the Lord God Almighty. God sent the angel of death over Egypt to kill the firstborn of those who did not have the lamb's blood applied.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no OT "Lord of Death". That sounds like some figure out of ancient mythology. Life and death are exclusively in the hands of the Lord God Almighty. God sent the angel of death over Egypt to kill the firstborn of those who did not have the lamb's blood applied.
Well Enoch, there is no OT angel of death either. Furthermore, it wasn't an angel that killed the firstborn.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Well Enoch, there is no OT angel of death either. Furthermore, it wasn't an angel that killed the firstborn.
As a matter of fact it was an angel who is called "the destroyer".
For the LORD will pass through to smite the Egyptians; and when he seeth the blood upon the lintel, and on the two side posts, the LORD will pass over the door, and will not suffer the destroyer to come in unto your houses to smite you. (Exodus 12:23)

This angel of death was accompanied by God, but it was the destroyer who killed the firstborn. So you might want to respond with "Sorry, I knew nothing about 'the destroyer' who destroyed my argument".

He was also sent against Israel when David commissioned an illegal census: And when the angel stretched out his hand upon Jerusalem to destroy it, the LORD repented him of the evil, and said to the angel that destroyed the people, It is enough: stay now thine hand. And the angel of the LORD was by the threshingplace of Araunah the Jebusite. (2 Sam 24:16)

Reactions: marks

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As a matter of fact it was an angel who is called "the destroyer".
For the LORD will pass through to smite the Egyptians; and when he seeth the blood upon the lintel, and on the two side posts, the LORD will pass over the door, and will not suffer the destroyer to come in unto your houses to smite you. (Exodus 12:23)
No where in this verse or any other is this destroyer called an angel. In fact, its not even a carnal or spiritual being. Perhaps you should look up the Hebrew meaning of the word. Here's the definition:

שָׁחַת shâchath, shaw-khath'; a primitive root; to decay, i.e. (causatively) ruin (literally or figuratively):—batter, cast off, corrupt(-er, thing), destroy(-er, -uction), lose, mar, perish, spill, spoiler, × utterly, waste(-r).

This angel of death was accompanied by God, but it was the destroyer who killed the firstborn

Exodus 12:29 KJV
And it came to pass, that at midnight the Lord smote all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, from the firstborn of Pharaoh that sat on his throne unto the firstborn of the captive that was in the dungeon; and all the firstborn of cattle.

He was also sent against Israel when David commissioned an illegal census.
And when the angel stretched out his hand upon Jerusalem to destroy it, the LORD repented him of the evil, and said to the angel that destroyed the people, It is enough: stay now thine hand. And the angel of the LORD was by the threshingplace of Araunah the Jebusite. (2 Sam 24:16)
No, the was the angel of the Lord. It wasn't "the destroyer" in Exodus 12. Yes, he destroyed, but that doesn't make him the angel of death. The angel of the Lord did appear in Exodus 3:2, but he didn't kill anyone or destroy anything... Not even the bush.

I used to think the angel of the Lord killed the firstborn as well until recently. Its a pretty common mistake. But the truth of the matter is that the Lord killed the firstborn. Never does the Bible say it was an angel.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
No where in this verse or any other is this destroyer called an angel.
Now you are simply clutching at straws. He is called an angel in 2 Samuel, but who else could it be than the same angel who destroyed the army of Sennacherib? And the people of Jerusalem. So you should really respond with "I have no clue about this matter".

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now you are simply clutching at straws. He is called an angel in 2 Samuel, but who else could it be than the same angel who destroyed the army of Sennacherib? And the people of Jerusalem. So you should really respond with "I have no clue about this matter".
Really? I presented the definition of "the destroyer", and showed that it was the Lord who smote the firstborn. An angel is mentioned 6 times in Exodus but no where even close to the killing of the firstborn. Now, "the destroyer" here is an adjective. IF an angel was ever mentioned, then you could say the angel was a destroyer. But there is none. Who is it talking about? The Lord.

Between Exodus 4:23 and 12:29 the Lord said 4 times the HE (The Lord) killed the firstborn; not an angel.

So I have a choice: believe what you say (and I used to) or believe what the Bible says.

But I am the one clutching at straws?

Last edited:

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
My ruling is that the angel of the LORD is not necessarily the LORD HIMSELF.

2Sa 24:15-17
So the LORD sent a pestilence upon Israel from the morning even to the time appointed: and there died of the people from Dan even to Beersheba seventy thousand men. (16) And when the angel stretched out his hand upon Jerusalem to destroy it, the LORD repented him of the evil, and said to the angel that destroyed the people, It is enough: stay now thine hand. And the angel of the LORD was by the threshingplace of Araunah the Jebusite. (17) And David spake unto the LORD when he saw the angel that smote the people, and said, Lo, I have sinned, and I have done wickedly: but these sheep, what have they done? let thine hand, I pray thee, be against me, and against my father's house.

2Ki 19:35 And it came to pass that night, that the angel of the LORD went out, and smote in the camp of the Assyrians an hundred fourscore and five thousand: and when they arose early in the morning, behold, they were all dead corpses.
Isa 37:36 Then the angel of the LORD went forth, and smote in the camp of the Assyrians a hundred and fourscore and five thousand: and when they arose early in the morning, behold, they were all dead corpses.
Act 12:23 And immediately the angel of the Lord smote him, because he gave not God the glory: and he was eaten of worms, and gave up the ghost.

Reactions: Ronald David Bruno

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My ruling is that the angel of the LORD is not necessarily the LORD HIMSELF.

2Sa 24:15-17
So the LORD sent a pestilence upon Israel from the morning even to the time appointed: and there died of the people from Dan even to Beersheba seventy thousand men. (16) And when the angel stretched out his hand upon Jerusalem to destroy it, the LORD repented him of the evil, and said to the angel that destroyed the people, It is enough: stay now thine hand. And the angel of the LORD was by the threshingplace of Araunah the Jebusite. (17) And David spake unto the LORD when he saw the angel that smote the people, and said, Lo, I have sinned, and I have done wickedly: but these sheep, what have they done? let thine hand, I pray thee, be against me, and against my father's house.

2Ki 19:35 And it came to pass that night, that the angel of the LORD went out, and smote in the camp of the Assyrians an hundred fourscore and five thousand: and when they arose early in the morning, behold, they were all dead corpses.
Isa 37:36 Then the angel of the LORD went forth, and smote in the camp of the Assyrians a hundred and fourscore and five thousand: and when they arose early in the morning, behold, they were all dead corpses.
Act 12:23 And immediately the angel of the Lord smote him, because he gave not God the glory: and he was eaten of worms, and gave up the ghost.
Just my two cents. I have to agree with you on this and add a few thoughts - which you may or may not agree with, but good post as it stands.
God gives life and God takes it away. He is sovereign so whatever happens, He ordains it. He created angels with power to do His will, wether that would be to destroy people, heal them or send them a message - whenever He choses to do so. Behind the "Angel of death" is simply, God giving the command to the angel to carry it out. Death is not a specific angel assigned for that purpose that only that angel is capable of administering - as I understand it. All angels have power and are capable of this duty - I'm not sure though. It seems Michael has specific tasks of chief angel, like tea general who wars against Satan and his horde of evil angels and Gabriel is the messenger. But Michael comes with his army of angels to war against Satan and His horde and to destroy those with the mark of the Beast on earth in Revelation, so they all are powerful and capable of destruction.
As far as "death", it is a judgement, "the wages of sin is death." God sent the plagues and the last one was death.
Finally, Who spoke to Moses in Exodus 3:14?
The pre-incarnate Lord and Savior, Jesus. He is the great "I AM", which was a brief introduction that He would complete when He came as a man.
I am the Light;
I am the Good Shepherd;
I am the Bread of Life;
I am the Way the Truth and the Life;
Before Abraham was, I am;
I am the Doorway;
I am the Resurrection and the Life;
I am the Alpha and the Omega
I am He

Reactions: Stumpmaster