Who is Sanctified?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Corinthians
4 I thank my God always on your behalf, for the grace of God which is given you by Jesus Christ;
5 That in every thing ye are enriched by him, in all utterance, and in all knowledge;
6 Even as the testimony of Christ was confirmed in you:
7 So that ye come behind in no gift; waiting for the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ:
8 Who shall also confirm you unto the end, that ye may be blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ.
9 God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord.

1 Thessalonians 5
21 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.
22 Abstain from all appearance of evil.
23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
24 Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it.

God is faithful, He will do it.

If it be true that our faithful God will in fact sanctify us, blameless in the day of Christ Jesus, what does that mean towards our ideas of a life lived imperfectly?

Much love!

Last edited:
Reactions: Taken and mjrhealth

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
it be true that our faithful God will in fact sanctify us, blameless in the day of Christ Jesus, what does that mean towards our ideas of a life lived imperfectly?

It changes nothing. We still seek to show our love for Jesus by the way we obey him, do good works, etc etc

We know that we are sinners, that we will commit sins and need to seek forgiveness, but we still continue to try to be perfect.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It changes nothing. We still seek to show our love for Jesus by the way we obey him, do good works, etc etc

We know that we are sinners, that we will commit sins and need to seek forgiveness, but we still continue to try to be perfect.
For me it changes everything. My faith is strengthened in knowing that God takes the final responsibility for my sanctification.

Much love!

Reactions: Enoch111

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
For me it changes everything. My faith is strengthened in knowing that God takes the final responsibility for my sanctification.
You could have added for your glorification also. God will eventually perfect the believer into the likeness of Christ. That is really what election and predestination is all about. God elects none for salvation, but He does elect believers for sanctification, glorification, and perfection.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You could have added for your glorification also. God will eventually perfect the believer into the likeness of Christ. That is really what election and predestination is all about. God elects none for salvation, but He does elect believers for sanctification, glorification, and perfection.
Interesting thing about our glorification. In Romans 8, those he called he also justified, and those he justified he also glorified, all the same aorist tense. We've been called, we've been justified . . . we've been glorified? Could that be true?

We've been recreated in righteousness and holiness. We have a body not made with hands, eternal in the heavens. Spirit gives birth to spirit. Is is so certain that we are not already glorified, though we do not see it yet?

Much love!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Corinthians
4 I thank my God always on your behalf, for the grace of God which is given you by Jesus Christ;
5 That in every thing ye are enriched by him, in all utterance, and in all knowledge;
6 Even as the testimony of Christ was confirmed in you:
7 So that ye come behind in no gift; waiting for the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ:
8 Who shall also confirm you unto the end, that ye may be blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ.
9 God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord.

1 Thessalonians 5
21 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.
22 Abstain from all appearance of evil.
23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
24 Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it.

God is faithful, He will do it.

If it be true that our faithful God will in fact sanctify us, blameless in the day of Christ Jesus, what does that mean towards our ideas of a life lived imperfectly?

Much love!

What The Lord God says ... is done.
"We" are always "in the process of waiting" to learn, understand, see the fruition...
(and our Word during our waiting for this or that to come to pass...is HOPE.)

OT men, existed on a plethora of HOPE...
A life of 90 or 500 years...is a long time to hope at ones death, they were acceptable to God to receive Salvation and Quickening.

We have a good fortune;
OT ancient accounts,
NT historical accounts,

And a promise of;

Choosing Son Jesus, His Father God & His Christ Holy Spirit ...
(Not "Hopes" In...and not "Waits for"...)
But solicits the Lord, by His Name, and vows submission...
And "Instantly" Receives;
Forgiveness
Sins forgotten.
An instant Bodily washing with Jesus' blood.
An instant COVERING of sin, with Gods Light.
An instant Bodily death (Crucified with Christ)
A restored soul (Saved unto God)
A new heart
Gods Spirit
Gods Seed
Birth of a new spirit (quickened with Gods S)
Gods Truth WRITTEN in ones new heart.
BODY Perfected, (with Gods POWER)
BODY Kept with Christ.
Crucified man, lives in Jesus' risen BODY.
Individuals NAME recorded in Lambs Book of Life

Individual IS: Sanctified aka Set Apart.

Individual no longer HOPES he acceptably satisfies the law, to Receive reconciliation...

The Individual is already Perfect? No. The Individual is already perfect-Ed, by and through the authority and Power of God...
and Kept Perfected by and THROUGH the indwelling authority and Power of God.

They ARE Recorded ON the Lambs List (His Book) which the names are never blotted out. His Book from which He Will ...from His Descent from Heaven To the Clouds...Call UP TO Him;
All individuals Whose Names are in His Book, who belong TO Him (by their own volition to have Vowed to Him, to BE His,) called by the name, His Church.
Once called; "they" (His Church), ARE Risen up; in their new bodies...forward, no longer living in Jesus' risen BODY, but instead Living in their own Glorified Body, with their Restored soul and quickened spirit born of Gods SEED, to SEE their Lord God, as He IS, and forever BE ALIVE and forever WITH their Lord God.

So, in the interim... between being Perfect-Ed and being risen UP in a glorious Body ..
is HOPE still necessary?
Yes...but for a DIFFERENT purpose.

The Lord God makes many Changes IN a man during a Conversion.

What the Lord God DOES NOT CHANGE IS ones "Carnal Mind".

It IS a natural born mans Natural life's Conflicts ... which all natural men struggle with; being; personal internal CONFLICT;
Between his "HEARTS" "Truths" and his "MINDS" "wants", and ability to logically conjure up short cuts, deception, risks, etc.

Those things remain in a Converted man.
It is the Individual man, who must Learn to MAKE his own Carnal Mind "subordinate" TO, his NEW TRUTH (Gods TRUTH), in his new heart. <---
SOME realize their task and tackle it diligently
SOME have no clue to that realization
SOME are simply satisfied with their conversion and relationship with the Lord God and give no consideration to relationships / Trespasses, Consequences, amongst and between men.

A Converted man has a ONCE and Forever done deal established relationship between the Lord God and Himself.

That ^ once established will not change.

And as far as relationships between men...what men establish, is for men to enjoy...and what men do to other men...lie, cheat, steal, connive, deceive, etc. such a man will reap the consequences of such acts, from the other individual.
(Such things will be burned at Judgement)

And should an individual toward an individual, speak Gods Word, aid another, uplift an other, act in kindness, console, etc.
The other may react in thankfulness...and at Judgement the giving individual will be rewarded by God.

So even the Converted have HOPE, that they can be pleasing to the Lord, BY allowing His Truth in the mans new heart, to Supersede the man Carnal Mind...in all things.

Nothing is New Under the sun.
God is All knowing, and has Offered All of mankind "A WAY," to live a natural life upon this corrupt Earth, surrounded by Evil spirits and Wicked men...
It is simply a matter of IF and WHEN which men WILL accept Gods Offer.

Glory to God,
Taken

Last edited:
Reactions: marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
SOME realize their task and tackle it diligently
SOME have no clue to that realization
SOME are simply satisfied with their conversion and relationship with the Lord God and give no consideration to relationships / Trespasses, Consequences, amongst and between men.
Hi Taken,

I think some have some understanding of what God wants for them, but don't know how to get there from here.

That's one of things I like so much about the 1 Corinthians passage, given that so much of that letter was concerning much that was deeply wrong in that church.

But even to them, God says, through Paul, of Himself,

"Who shall also confirm you unto the end, that ye may be blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ."

God is faithful!

These promises are not phrased in terms contingent on our behavior. But that God will in fact do it.

Much love!

Last edited:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Taken,

I think some have some understanding of what God wants for them, but don't know how to get there from here.

Inasmuch as the Gentiles were being introduced to:
The God of the Jews AND Jesus,
The Jews were being introduced to Jesus the Christ, they had been waiting for, for centuries.
Meaning:
What was happening was NEW, to All people on the Earth.
AND:
But a handful of People were Selected to Spread this News throughout the World.
AND:
The Most Amazing aspect:
The Lord Gods WORKS "withIN" a man, IS instant, (QUICK).
THAT ^ IMO, was and still is...one of the hardest things for people to Comprehend.

The Lord is the JUDGE of the QUICK and the DEAD.
2 Tim 4:
[1] I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the deadat his appearing and his kingdom;

All people ARE the makeup of:
A body
A soul
A spirit

All human natural born bodies are Vessels...corrupt bodies, from corrupt seeds.

All souls and "natural" spirits Are within a corrupt body.

The soul is: imparted into every body: via Gods BREATH.
The soul brings the CREATED body into its own individual Living state.
The BLOOD of that Body, becomes that BODY'S individual life.
The LIFE IN the soul, Remains Gods Life.
The memory in a man's MIND, remains in a man's mind, until the Body's DEATH.
The memory of a man's soul, is the same as a man's Mind, and remains in the man's soul, after BODILY DEATH.
Meaning:
God IS LIFE: a thing (human) which has LIFE IN it, is Eternal and Forever belongs to God, whether or not that LIFE is in or out of:
A body,
Or a soul.
Mans Life, Blood; was not given a BODY. The man and its blood and bones, organs, bones, etc. were created out of the Elements of its habitat ( Earth ). And: why the Earth (and its Elements CAN sustain a body for years. But NOT Forever: Because ALL Body's have been sentenced to DEATH. All bodies shall die; God requires the Death of their life (blood).
Gen 9
[5] And surely your blood of your lives will I require;

The Sanctification OF a human: Requires the WHOLE of the man to be Sanctifi-ED.

Sanctification: meaning SET APART, unto God.
Whole: meaning BODY, SOUL, SPIRIT.

We know the Body, is the makeup of the Earth's Elements. (Even science reveals the minerals and elements in the Earth are required for sustaining the body).

We know the Soul, God made, and contains Gods BREATH, LIFE from God, and LIFE is Gods to Give and Take.
Isa 57:
[16] ... the souls which I have made.
Ezek 18:
[4] Behold, all souls are mine;
Job 1:
[22] the LORD gave, and the LORD hath taken away...

So...All bodies Are SUBJECT to Death.
All Souls...and the LIFE therein belong to God.

What about the thing called "spirit of man"?
Zech 12:
[1] ...the LORD, which ... formeth thespirit of man within him.

Mans spirit is formed, by God, is In a man.
But, What is it?
A mans natural truth.
Where, exactly is it?
A mans Hearts Thoughts.

But wait, isn't a man Thoughts established within his Brain/Mind? Yes.

So, how does the Heart enter the equation?
The MIND:
Is subject to believing what is True and False.
The MIND:
And Can devise, plot, conjure Deception.
The MIND:
Can be examined, scanned, imprinted, be subject to control, etc.

The Hearts Thoughts: once Established, Are simply a man's natural "spirit", natural "Truth," regardless of what the Minds Thoughts are.

(It IS a man's dilemma...his own personal Conflict within himself, when the Thoughts of his MIND and the Thoughts of his Heart are at odds, and the source of grief, depression, or whatever clinical name one wants to call it.)

God has a Solution:
Fascinating really;
In order to relieve the Conflict between a man's mind and heart;
God Can and Does:
Give a man A NEW heart (called a circumcision of the heart.
Ezek 36:
[26] A new heart also will I give you, and a new spiritwill I put within you:
Rom 2:
[29]... INWARDLY... circumcision is that of the heart, IN the spirit...

And for those who DO NOT Believe and Accept Gods Offering?
What is "their" relief? How are "they" relieved of Conflict between the Thoughts of their MIND and HEART?
Ex 14:
The LORD hardened the heart of Pharaoh,

The POINT is:
Everyone has FREEWILL, to pick and Choose To HEAR, FOLLOW, believe, Trust to be Yoked with God Forever, or Reject God, and be Separated from God Forever.
Currently, births are occurring, people are hearing, choosing, wavering, and While IN their FLESH body...Being DIVIDED, and ACCOUNTED, "AS" SET APART, SEALED unto the Lord, or set apart, "AS" AGAINST and without the Lord God... final Seperation On Judgement Day.

Bodies of men, IS the Visible part, one man can SEE of another man...
It is the WHOLE of man (body, soul, spirit), that MUST be Sanctified.

Sanctification Of the body, soul, spirit of a man IS a spiritual event, performed By a Spiritual God...

In one QUICK instant a mans soul can be RESTORED (psalms 23), his spirit QUICKENED (given Gods Seed, and Born Again from Gods Seed)...and an other man IS NOT privy to his EYES seeing THAT happen.
An observing man, simply SEES, the Same Bodily man.
The observing man, neither SEES, Gods Accounts (books and records) IN Heaven...that such a BODY or a restored soul & and quickened spirit ... THAT that Body, IS Accounted JUSTIFIED and SEALED To Be Redeemed (claimed Only by whose Seal is upon that man) and Raised IN a Glorious Body.

That's one of things I like so much about the 1 Corinthians passage, given that so much of that letter was concerning much that was deeply wrong in that church.

I see the fairly new Church at Cornith, filled with people and the majority of people puzzled... because their EYES could NOT SEE what was being taught.
( they had not yet figured out...Salvation and quickening IS Spiritual...NOT an instant, revealing to natural flesh men's Eyes.)

Some men understood...and Paul begins expressly speaking TO; those men (and Sosthenes, the chief ruler of the synagogue) Whose, soul and spirit had been Sanctified.

1 Cor 1:
[1] Paul, called to be an apostle of Jesus Christ through the will of God, and Sosthenes our brother,
[2] Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus...

(and considering; as Jesus taught, Paul and every Preacher, speaks ONE Sermon, to a crowd, whereby within the crowd of listeners are the Saved, Quickened, sanctified, justified, sealed... And...the unsaved, nonquickened, nonsanctified, nonjustified, nonsealed.) One Sermon FOR the Divided, whereby each individual (and the Lord) knows their standing With or Without, the Lord God.

But even to them, God says, through Paul, of Himself,

"Who shall also confirm you unto the end, that ye may be blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ."

Yes. The sanctified soul and spirit of a man, IS Accounted and confirmed once and Forever in Heaven, and the dead Crucified body of man, is washed and Sanctified and prepared for Redemption (Claiming, by the Lord).

God is faithful!

Amen!

These promises are not phrased in terms contingent on our behavior. But that God will in fact do it.

Agree.
Behavior/Works OF a Sanctified man;
Be they good (Pleasing to God), are rewarded by God...gifts, Blessings.
Be they (not pleasing to God), those things shall be burned.
An unsanctified man?
Can not please God...all is thus burned.

One last point:
Scripture is an introduction to KNOWLEDGE , God established, and approved for mankind's benefit to learn ABOUT the Lord God Almighty

The UNDERSTANDING of Gods Knowledge IS Expressly reserved FOR: those in Standing WITH God...
and expressly given BY the Lord God; TO, those IN Standing WITH: the Lord God.

(Satan, the curious, doubters, atheists can read, memorize, quote scripture all day long...and fail to UNDERSTAND it... UNTIL such TIME their standing IS with the Lord God, and He gives them "His" understanding.)
Two in Christ can have the same understanding, discuss Gods Understanding...but the Understanding itself is A Gift from God, only given an individual, By the Lord God Himself.
And the GOOD news is, for Every man IN Christ...Gods Understanding is freely given. All a man has to do IS ASK the Lord God.
(Yet we know...the Saved and Unsaved ARE continually ASKING men..."their" philosophies, understanding, interpretations, meanings.)
There are numerous Scriptures that attest to this fact, which I can provide if requested.

While this may seem long, it is but a snippet of indepth study.

Much love!

Thank you and the same to you as well.

Glory to God,
Taken