Who is the Groom?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
who is the Groom?
what is the Vow?

Groom in taking Bride to be your lawful and wedded wife, do you promise to love and cherish her, to honor and sustain her, in sickness and in health, in poverty and in wealth, in the good that may lighten your ways, and in the bad that sometimes will darken your days, and to be true to her in all things? (I do)

Bride in taking Groom to be your lawful and wedded husband, do you promise to love and cherish him, to honor and sustain him, in sickness and in health, in poverty and in wealth, in the good that may lighten your ways, and in the bad that sometimes will darken your days, and to be true to him in all things? (I do)

Exchange of Rings & Vows
"Do you have the rings?"
(Maid of honor takes flowers)
The ring is a symbol of the love you have for each other. Its unending circle represents the eternal quality of your love, and the gold represents the purity of that love. It serves as a reminder of this hour, and as a seal of the vows you take.

Now, Groom take Bride's ring and place it on her left hand. Do you Groom give this ring to Bride as a token of your love for her? (I do)

Please repeat after me the following:
I, Groom take you Bride to be my wedded wife. To have and to hold, from this day forward, for better for worse, for richer for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death do us part, according to God's holy ordinance, and therefore I pledge thee my love.

Now, Bride take Groom's ring and place it on his left hand. Do you Bride give this ring to Groom as a token of your love for him? (I do)

Please repeat after me the following:
I, Bride take you Groom to be my wedded husband. To have and to hold, from this day forward, for better for worse, for richer for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death do us part, according to God's holy ordinance, and therefore I pledge thee my love.
(Maid of Honor brings back flowers)

Native American Blessings
Now you will feel no rain, for each of you is shelter to the other. Now you will feel no cold, for each of you is warmth to the other. Now there is no more loneliness, for each of you will be a companion to the other. Now you are two persons, but there is one life before you. Go now to your dwelling place to enter into the days of your togetherness. And may your days together be good, and long upon the earth.

Declaration of Marriage
Now that you have given yourselves to each other by solemn vows, with the joining of hands and the giving of rings: By the authority vested in me by the Territorial Court of the United States ...o_O, I now pronounce you Husband and Wife.

What God has brought together let no man or woman put asunder. Groom, you may now kiss your bride.

Last edited:
Reactions: amadeus