Who is the Man Clothed in Linen?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

whirlwind

Nov 8, 2007
  • Ezekiel 9:2 And, behold, six men came from the way of the higher gate, which lieth toward the north, and every man a slaughter weapon in his hand; and one man among them was clothed with linen, with a writer's inkhorn by his side: and they went in, and stood beside the brasen altar.
  • 9:4-6 And the LORD said unto him, Go through the midst of the city, through the midst of Jerusalem, and set a mark upon the foreheads of the men that sigh and that cry for all the abominations that be done in the midst thereof. And to the others he said in mine hearing, Go ye after him through the city, and smite: let not your eye spare, neither have ye pity: Slay utterly old and young, both maids, and little children, and women: but come not near any man upon whom is the mark; and begin at my sanctuary. Then they began at the ancient men which were before the house.
  • 9:11 And, behold, the man clothed with linen, which had the inkhorn by his side, reported the matter, saying, I have done as thou hast commanded me.
When first reading [9:2] I thought that one of the six, the "one man among them was clothed with linen" was Christ like, perhaps one of His messengers. Then I realized it is Satan, the same "angel of death" that took the firstborn.
There are three things of interest here.

One, he is dressed as Christ - clothed in linen. This is as it will be in the end of days...just as this "shadow" shows us. He comes pretending to be Christ. He is the anti-christ, the instead of christ. Of course saying it will be that way isn't completely correct as he is already at work and has been since the beginning....pretending to be so Holy when he is an abomination, pretending to teach the Word of God when it is his twisted doctrine.

Does he carry a writer's inkhorn to list all those in his book, those not in the Book of Life? Or to mark those he can't touch?
  • Psalm 105:15 Saying, Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm.
  • Revelation 7:3 Saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads.
Two, he begins "at My sanctuary." He begins with those in the house of God, those teaching false doctrine. That is as it should be.

Three, he is doing this under commandment from God - "I have done as Thou hast commanded me."

An interesting point about the "sealing" that is done. The "mark" placed on the forehead of those means "tav." In Hebrew a tav is a "t"......a cross. Interesting isn't it? Those that sealed by God are marked with a cross.