Who will go for us?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 In the year that king Uzziah died I saw also the Lord sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up, and his train filled the temple.
2 Above it stood the seraphims: each one had six wings; with twain he covered his face, and with twain he covered his feet, and with twain he did fly.
3 And one cried unto another, and said, Holy, holy, holy, is the Lord of hosts: the whole earth is full of his glory.
4 And the posts of the door moved at the voice of him that cried, and the house was filled with smoke.
5 Then said I, Woe is me! for I am undone; because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips: for mine eyes have seen the King, the Lord of hosts.
6 Then flew one of the seraphims unto me, having a live coal in his hand, which he had taken with the tongs from off the altar:
7 And he laid it upon my mouth, and said, Lo, this hath touched thy lips; and thine iniquity is taken away, and thy sin purged.
8 Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me. - Uzziah 6

The poor king Uzziah was such an arrogant man that the Lord waited until his death to make his appearing unto Isaiah. This is true for many these days, God can't speak for the many Uzziah's.

God had some rough things to say to the people of the times and he needed total obedience.

I wonder how many these days are speaking true words from God and speaking things that he would say... Rather than for popularity, money, doctrine, or a churches sake?

Johnlove

Jul 1, 2014
Wilson, NC
rockytopva said:
1 In the year that king Uzziah died I saw also the Lord sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up, and his train filled the temple.
2 Above it stood the seraphims: each one had six wings; with twain he covered his face, and with twain he covered his feet, and with twain he did fly.
3 And one cried unto another, and said, Holy, holy, holy, is the Lord of hosts: the whole earth is full of his glory.
4 And the posts of the door moved at the voice of him that cried, and the house was filled with smoke.
5 Then said I, Woe is me! for I am undone; because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips: for mine eyes have seen the King, the Lord of hosts.
6 Then flew one of the seraphims unto me, having a live coal in his hand, which he had taken with the tongs from off the altar:
7 And he laid it upon my mouth, and said, Lo, this hath touched thy lips; and thine iniquity is taken away, and thy sin purged.
8 Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me. - Uzziah 6

The poor king Uzziah was such an arrogant man that the Lord waited until his death to make his appearing unto Isaiah. This is true for many these days, God can't speak for the many Uzziah's.

God had some rough things to say to the people of the times and he needed total obedience.

I wonder how many these days are speaking true words from God and speaking things that he would say... Rather than for popularity, money, doctrine, or a churches sake?
[SIZE=16pt]Personally I believe that only a few even know the truth. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]To be given the knowledge of the truth, and deliberately sin means one does not know God.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]How many people do you know that no longer sin?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt](Hebrews 10:26-31) “If, after we have been given knowledge of the truth, we should deliberately commit any sins, then there is no longer any sacrifice for them. There is left only the dreadful prospect of judgment and of the fiery wrath that is to devour your enemies--------“[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt](1 John 3:5-6) “Now you know that he appeared in order to abolish sin, and that in him there is no sin; anyone who lives in God does not sin, and anyone who sins has never seen him or known him.[/SIZE]

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Do you no-longer sin John? :huh:

1 John 2:1
My little children, these things I write to you, so that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous.

1 John 5:16
If anyone sees his brother sinning a sin which does not lead to death, he will ask, and He will give him life for those who commit sin not leading to death. There is sin leading to death. I do not say that he should pray about that.

Johnlove

Jul 1, 2014
Wilson, NC
Angelina said:
Do you no-longer sin John? :huh:
[SIZE=16pt]No I do not sin. Jesus proclaimed me clean over thirty-six years ago, and God has kept me clean.[/SIZE]

1 John 2:1

My little children, these things I write to you, so that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous.

[SIZE=16pt]Read what John said a little further.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt](1 John 2:1-2) “I am writing this, my children, to stop you sinning; but if anyone should sin, we have our advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ, who is just; he is the sacrifice that takes our sins away, and not only ours, but the whole world’s.” [/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]Notice it says our advocate who is just. A just advocate will make sure justice is done. Those who have done God’s will are to be rewarded. Those who do evil will be sure to be punished.[/SIZE]

Angelina said:
1 John 5:16
If anyone sees his brother sinning a sin which does not lead to death, he will ask, and He will give him life for those who commit sin not leading to death. There is sin leading to death. I do not say that he should pray about that.
[SIZE=16pt]That is right and Hebrews tells us what the sin leading to death is.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt](Hebrews 10:26-31) “[/SIZE][SIZE=16pt]If, after we have been given knowledge of the truth, we should deliberately commit any sins, then there is no longer any sacrifice for them. There is left only the dreadful prospect of judgment and of the fiery wrath that is to devour your enemies. [/SIZE][SIZE=16pt] Anyone who disregards the Law of Moses is ruthlessly put to death on the word of two witnesses or three; and you may be sure that anyone who tramples on the Son of God, and who treats the blood of the covenant which sanctified him as if it were not holy, and who insults the Spirit of grace, will be condemned to a far severer punishment. We are all aware who it was that said: Vengeance is mine; I will vindicate his people. It is a dreadful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.” [/SIZE]

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
[SIZE=16pt][/SIZE]

No I do not sin. Jesus proclaimed me clean over thirty-six years ago, and God has kept me clean.

Then you must be better than Paul...

Romans 7
20 Now if I do what I will not to do, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me.

21 I find then a law, that evil is present with me, the one who wills to do good. 22 For I delight in the law of God according to the inward man. 23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members. 24 O wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death? 25 I thank God—through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, with the mind I myself serve the law of God, but with the flesh the law of sin.

1 Corinthians 15
56 The sting of death is sin, and the strength of sin is the law. 57 But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

Philippians 3
11 if, by any means, I may attain to the resurrection from the dead.
12 Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me. 13 Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, 14 I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

Johnlove

Jul 1, 2014
Wilson, NC
Angelina said:
Then you must be better than Paul...

Romans 7
20 Now if I do what I will not to do, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me.
[SIZE=16pt]Paul in Romans seven was telling people just how impossible it is for one to not sin. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]Now if people believe that Paul was himself still having problems with sin, then they have to believe that in the time that he wrote Romans seven, and when he wrote Romans eight he got a revelation telling him how God made it possible for one to never sin again.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt](Romans 8: 4) “He did this in order that the law’s just demands might be satisfied in us, who behave not as our unspiritual nature but as the Spirit dictates.”[/SIZE]
21 I find then a law, that evil is present with me, the one who wills to do good. 22 For I delight in the law of God according to the inward man. 23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members. 24 O wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death? 25 I thank God—through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, with the mind I myself serve the law of God, but with the flesh the law of sin.

1 Corinthians 15
56 The sting of death is sin, and the strength of sin is the law. 57 But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

Philippians 3
12 Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me. 13 Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, 14 I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.
[SIZE=16pt]So Paul being what he was had a hard time doing what the Holy Spirit told him to do?[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]For Paul at that time he seems to be having a hard time. Satan could have been truly attacking him, and it was becoming a tough fight.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]Paul did not say that Satan was winning. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]One time about thirty-seven years ago my wife and I asked Jesus why us? Meaning why did he chose to use us. Jesus told us that he did not make perfect people but chose to use us anyway.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]I also ask why Paul wrote scripture in such a way that people so misunderstand. Jesus told me that Paul was not perfect either. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]That does not mean that either my wife, I, or Paul still sinned.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]Not deliberately sinning is not being perfect. To be perfect one has to never disobey God in any way. That may need time for some people, and until that happens one may have to struggle to overcome hurts that need to be healed.[/SIZE]

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Jesus told me that Paul was not perfect either. That does not mean that either my wife, I, or Paul still sinned.
Not deliberately sinning is not being perfect. To be perfect one has to never disobey God in any way. That may need time for some people, and until that happens one may have to struggle to overcome hurts that need to be healed.
Why do you say that Jesus told you that Paul was not perfect when Paul himself states that himself? It's called sanctification John...new and old believer's are at various stages of sanctification in their walk with Christ...

1 John 1
8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us.

1 John 5

2 My little children, these things I write to you, so that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous.

Johnlove

Jul 1, 2014
Wilson, NC
Angelina said:
Why do you say that Jesus told you that Paul was not perfect when Paul himself states that himself? It's called sanctification John...new and old believer's are at various stages of sanctification in their walk with Christ...
[SIZE=16pt]I was sharing something that happened to me thirty-five years ago, and it was to let you know that Paul as all Christians don’t come perfect.[/SIZE]

1 John 1
8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us.

[SIZE=14pt]I was beginning to think you might be too informed to use that out of context scripture to defend not sinning.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Read the following very carefully, because it seems that you failed to understand what John said.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt](1 John 1: 8-10) “If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.[/SIZE] [SIZE=14pt]If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar[/SIZE] [SIZE=14pt]and his word has no place in our lives.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]You need to see John was saying if one says he or she says they have never sinned they are liars. [/SIZE]

If one is forgiven of all unrighteousness are they not then sinless? Could they then be liars if they say they are sinless?

John later says:

[SIZE=14pt](1 John 3:3-9) “Surely everyone who entertains this hope must purify himself, must try to be as pure as Christ. Any one who sins at all breaks the law, because to sin is to [/SIZE][SIZE=14pt]seen Him or known Him[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt]. [/SIZE][SIZE=14pt]My children do not let anyone lead you astray’ to live a holy life is to be holy just as He is holy’ to lead a sinful life is to belong the Devil, since the Devil was a sinner from the beginning. It was to undo all that the Devil has done that the Son of God appeared. No one who has been begotten by God sins: because God’s seed remains inside him, he cannot sin when he has been begotten by God.” [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt](1 John 3:8) “[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt]He who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil's work”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]John told us those who did not know God sinned and asked forgiveness and were forgiven, but once a person comes to know God he or she will not sin.[/SIZE]
1 John 5

2 My little children, these things I write to you, so that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous.

[SIZE=16pt](1 John 2:1-2) “I am writing this, my children, to stop you sinning; but if anyone should sin, we have our advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ, who is just; he is the sacrifice that takes our sins away, and not only ours, but the whole world’s.” [/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]I have responded to this scripture.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]Notice that John says we have a just advocate?’[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]A just advocate will make sure justices is served.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]If one lives God’s Word then it is just he or she will get the reward that God has prepared for them.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]If one does not obey God the a just advocate will make sure the evil person will receive his or her just punishment. [/SIZE]

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
John,,,
You place a heavy burden on believers with your theology that they must be sinless. The reality is, that even you are not sinless contrary to what you believe. The difference between believers and non believer's is that when we do sin, we have an advocate with the Father. 1 John 2:1-2.

Believers are also in various stages of sanctification. This is where the Holy Spirit can convict a believer of an area in their life that needs to be sanctified. Please note this verse again...

John 1

[SIZE=14pt]John told us those who did not know God sinned and asked forgiveness and were forgiven, but once a person comes to know God he or she will not sin.[/SIZE]
You are suggesting that this word refers to unbeliever's coming into salvation. This is not the case otherwise the verse below would not be applicable for unbeliever's

10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us.

consider... :huh:

Johnlove

Jul 1, 2014
Wilson, NC
Angelina said:
John,,,
You place a heavy burden on believers with your theology that they must be sinless. The reality is, that even you are not sinless contrary to what you believe. The difference between believers and non believer's is that when we do sin, we have an advocate with the Father. 1 John 5:2.

Believers are also in various stages of sanctification. This is where the Holy Spirit can convict a believer of an area in their life needs to be sanctified. Please note this verse again...

John 1

You are suggesting that this word refers to unbeliever's coming into salvation. This is not the case otherwise the verse below would not be applicable for unbeliever's

10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us.

[SIZE=16pt]Do you not read my post?[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]John was saying if one say they have never sinned they are liars.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]I quote scripture, and you just ignored that?[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]Read the following very carefully, because it seems that you failed to understand what John said.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt](1 John 1: 8-10) “If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word has no place in our lives.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]You need to see John was saying if one says he or she says they have never sinned they are liars. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=18pt]If one is forgiven of all unrighteousness are they not then sinless? Could they then be liars if they say they are sinless?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]John later says:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt](1 John 3:3-9) “Surely everyone who entertains this hope must purify himself, must try to be as pure as Christ. Any one who sins at all breaks the law, because to sin is to seen Him or known Him. My children do not let anyone lead you astray’ to live a holy life is to be holy just as He is holy’ to lead a sinful life is to belong the Devil, since the Devil was a sinner from the beginning. It was to undo all that the Devil has done that the Son of God appeared. No one who has been begotten by God sins: because God’s seed remains inside him, he cannot sin when he has been begotten by God.” [/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt](1 John 3:8) “He who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil's work”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]John told us those who did not know God sinned and asked forgiveness and were forgiven, but once a person comes to know God he or she will not sin.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]Scripture goes on to say that if a person who does know God uses their free will to sin there is no repentance for that person. [/SIZE]
consider... :huh:

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
[SIZE=18pt]If one is forgiven of all unrighteousness are they not then sinless? Could they then be liars if they say they are sinless?[/SIZE]
John, it makes them righteous before God. If I were an drunkard or a drug addict, would being saved make me automatically free from these sinful vices? As Paul has stated...

Philippians 3

we continue to move forward as God reveals things in our lives that we will gain the victory over. That's sanctification and it is a continuous process because we still live in the body of this flesh.

Johnlove

Jul 1, 2014
Wilson, NC
Angelina said:
John, it makes them righteous before God. If I were an drunkard or a drug addict, would being saved make me automatically free from these sinful vices? As Paul has stated...

Philippians 3
[SIZE=16pt] I believe that most people have been and are being taught about Jesus so wrongly. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]the idea that one accepts Jesus as his or her savior, then gets baptized in Jesus’ name, means one will then go to Heaven, is just not true.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]Saved does not mean that one will enter the kingdom of Heaven. See if you can find scripture that says saved means going to Heaven. Man has made that assumption, and it is wrong.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]The Christian Church should be teaching people that if he or she accepts Jesus as his or her savior, they will have to walk as Jesus walked. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt](1 John 2:6) “But if anyone obeys his word, God’s love is truly made complete in him. This is how we know we are in him: Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]Jesus obeyed his Father in Heaven, and Christian have to obey all the commandments of God also.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]After a person understands what God’s requires of him or her, then becomes baptized in Jesus’ name, they soon become aware of how impossible it is to obey God. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]To be able to obey God, live a righteous life, one has to have the Holy Spirit with him or her to teach, and to give them the grace to live God’s Word.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt](1 John 2: 27) “But you have not lost the anointing that he gave you, and you do not need anyone to teach you; the anointing he gave teaches you everything: you are anointed with truth, not with a lie, and as it has taught you, so you must stay in him.” [/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]After one has been given the Holy Spirit, it does not mean he or she will no longer have to fight to live God’s Word. There may be a great struggle before one is healed enough to be able to live God’s Word. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]My experience has been, that of those who have received the Holy Spirit, most have failed the struggle. Most people that I have known or know of, have given over to man’s teachings about God. What the Holy Spirit teaches about God, most people are not willing to live.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]For those who allow the Holy Spirit to direct their lives, and are willing to live as the Holy Spirit says, then they will live all of God’s commandments. Jesus told us he and the Father will come and make a home in that person. People are then temples of God.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt](John 14: 23) “Anyone who loves me will keep my word and my Father will love him, and we shall come to him and make a home in him.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]Know this, the Holy Spirit does not dwell in a person who sins. God will never share his kingdom with the devil. Where God makes a home that is where the kingdom of God is.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt](1 John 3:8) “He who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil's work”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]The only way a person can defeat Satan/sin is through the power of God.[/SIZE]

we continue to move forward as God reveals things in our lives that we will gain the victory over. That's sanctification and it is a continuous process because we still live in the body of this flesh.
[SIZE=16pt]My witness is that Jesus has, and is personally teaching me about him. Jesus/Holy Spirit started teaching me by speaking to me over forty years ago.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]I have seen Jesus, and he has spoken to me audibly, calling me by my name.[/SIZE]