Why are quotations in lighter coloured font

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
Brisbane, Qld., Australia
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Is this a feature or problem with the software that whenever I use the quote option it gives the citation in lighter coloured font? Here's an example:
16 “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God.
I find that to be a distraction in reading a post. Is there some way to fix the quote so that the font colour is not reduced in its sharpness?

Or, could I be doing something with the quote that shouldn't be done? Would I be better to use only the indent? Let's try:

16 “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God.

Oz

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That would be by design with our forum scheme; it is a shade lighter than I probably personally would have chosen. I'll play with the formatting a bit and see if we can darken it up.

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
HammerStone said:
That would be by design with our forum scheme; it is a shade lighter than I probably personally would have chosen. I'll play with the formatting a bit and see if we can darken it up.
Thanks, Hammer,

That would be a help as I'm having to squint to read the lighter words at times.

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
HammerStone said:
Does this work for you?
You haven't provided a back quote citation, so I have no way of knowing if the quote is in light colour. However, your quote of 1 Peter 3:15 is in faded colour, which is the problem I mentioned.

Could it have to do with my browser? I use Firefox. I'll try opening with Chrome to see if that happens.

Thanks,
Oz
HammerStone said:
Does this work for you?
Hammer,

Google Chrome is no better. It has the same effect of lightening the colour of the citation.

Oz

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Once I make the change, it's CSS-based which translates to it being retroactive. It updated, but it's still not dark enough. It displays much more darkly on my Mac but doesn't do so well on this Windows box I am on. I'll darken it further.

And no, the 1 Peter 3:15 is a custom signature color, so it won't change.

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
HammerStone said:
Once I make the change, it's CSS-based which translates to it being retroactive. It updated, but it's still not dark enough. It displays much more darkly on my Mac but doesn't do so well on this Windows box I am on. I'll darken it further.
And no, the 1 Peter 3:15 is a custom signature color, so it won't change.
In my post #103 in this thread, http://www.christianityboard.com/topic/21225-biblical-literalism-correlates-with-anti-science/page-4, the quote is much closer to the darkness of the other writing I did. Thanks so much for working on this to enlighten my visual ability.

Oz