Why do Catholics adore, worship and deify Mary so much?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And Mary said, My soul doth magnify the Lord, And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour. For he hath regarded the low estate of his handmaiden: for, behold, from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed. For he that is mighty hath done to me great things; and holy is his name. And his mercy is on them that fear him from generation to generation. He hath shewed strength with his arm; he hath scattered the proud in the imagination of their hearts. He hath put down the mighty from their seats, and exalted them of low degree. He hath filled the hungry with good things; and the rich he hath sent empty away. He hath holpen his servant Israel, in remembrance of his mercy; As he spake to our fathers, to Abraham, and to his seed for ever. [Luke 1:46-55 KJV]​

Mary IS worthy of respect. Unlike her 'worshipers', she gives glory to God (where it belongs) rather than to God's obedient servants.

All things begin in God, are maintained by God and end in God!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ also said more blessed are those hear the word and obey it then Mary.

Christ was glorying His mother, for none have done the will of God more

Lk 1:45
And blessed art thou that hast believed, because those things shall be accomplished that were spoken to thee by the Lord.

atpollard

Jun 30, 2019
Port Richey, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All things begin in God, are maintained by God and end in God!
I agree.
Are those that advocate for "coredemptrix" really saying the same thing?
All things do not pass through Mary's nail-scarred hands ... that is the point that we cannot allow followers to lose sight of in their zeal to venerate the "vessel of honor" as much as "the Potter".

Reactions: TLHKAJ

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is our salvation!

mary is his mother!

so Mary is the mother of our salvation!

isa 7:14 rev 12:1 Mary is the sign of our salvation!
Isaiah 7:14
[14]Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

The event was the sign ...not the person. You find no reference by name to Mary in the OT, and yet you do see reference to Immanuel.
Nowhere in scripture calls Mary the mother of salvation. That is added to scripture.

Reactions: michaelvpardo

atpollard

Jun 30, 2019
Port Richey, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
that’s true when it comes to door and gate but not the holy Eucharist
That IS the position of the RCC, but not of all Christians in all times.
A metaphor is a metaphor, and Jesus liked "metaphors" (as does the rest of Scripture: Old and New Testaments).

[Exo 15:3 KJV] 3 The LORD [is] a man of war: the LORD [is] his name.
  • Is the Lord really a man of war or is it a metaphor?
[Pro 14:27 KJV] 27 The fear of the LORD [is] a fountain of life, to depart from the snares of death.
  • Is fear of the Lord really a block of stone with water squirting out from it or is it a metaphor?
[Pro 18:10 KJV] 10 The name of the LORD [is] a strong tower: the righteous runneth into it, and is safe.
  • Is the name of the Lord really a tall, narrow building made of bricks or is it a metaphor?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree.
Are those that advocate for "coredemptrix" really saying the same thing?
All things do not pass through Mary's nail-scarred hands ... that is the point that we cannot allow followers to lose sight of in their zeal to venerate the "vessel of honor" as much as "the Potter".

All grace comes thru Mary
Mary is the throne of divine grace Heb 4:16 and the mother of divine grace

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think this debate can be settled quite easily.

For all those who think that icons and statues are idolatry, they should keep believing that and move on.

For the rest of us that go to churches where icons and statues exist, we know that we’re not praying to a literal painting or statue so we move on too.

Everybody’s happy. Problem solved.

I think it is a valid wonderment....particularly for Millions of people world-wide, who themselves can see the obvious Great Divide between Protestants and Catholics....Yet both Protestants and Catholics calling themselves Christians.

I think the Divide is very confusing and an immediate turn off to even consider either, from the perspective of the World at Large.

Lev 19:
[4] Turn ye not unto idols, nor make to yourselves molten gods: I am the LORD your God.
Lev.26
[1] Ye shall make you no idols nor graven image, neither rear you up a standing image, neither shall ye set up any image of stone in your land, to bow down unto it: for I am the LORD your God.
Deut.29
[17] And ye have seen their abominations, and their idols, wood and stone, silver and gold, which were among them:
1Sam.31
[9] And they cut off his head, and stripped off his armour, and sent into the land of the Philistines round about, to publish it in the house of their idols, and among the people.

1 Cor 10
[9] And when they had stripped him, they took his head, and his armour, and sent into the land of the Philistines round about, to carry tidings unto their idols, and to the people.

Pss 115:[4] Their idols are silver and gold, the work of men's hands.

There never is a straight answer from a Catholic...

The House...is a Church dedicated to the Lord God.
The House...is full of man made molten, wood, stone, graven images
The House...images are called Christ and Mary
People do bow down to the images
People do bring tidings, trinkets, flower to the images
People do kiss the man made images.

Did the Scriptures change and men were told to make graven images with their hands, put them in a house dedicated to the Lord God, bow, kiss, bring tidings to the images?

People are CURIOUS...how numerous direct teachings against graven images, bowing to, and set up in the House of God....Became a Catholic trademark.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think it is a valid wonderment....particularly for Millions of people world-wide, who themselves can see the obvious Great Divide between Protestants and Catholics....Yet both Protestants and Catholics calling themselves Christians.

I think the Divide is very confusing and an immediate turn off to even consider either, from the perspective of the World at Large.

Lev 19:
[4] Turn ye not unto idols, nor make to yourselves molten gods: I am the LORD your God.
Lev.26
[1] Ye shall make you no idols nor graven image, neither rear you up a standing image, neither shall ye set up any image of stone in your land, to bow down unto it: for I am the LORD your God.
Deut.29
[17] And ye have seen their abominations, and their idols, wood and stone, silver and gold, which were among them:
1Sam.31
[9] And they cut off his head, and stripped off his armour, and sent into the land of the Philistines round about, to publish it in the house of their idols, and among the people.

1 Cor 10
[9] And when they had stripped him, they took his head, and his armour, and sent into the land of the Philistines round about, to carry tidings unto their idols, and to the people.

Did the Scriptures change and men were told to make graven images with their hands, put them in a house dedicated to the Lord God, bow, kiss, bring tidings to the images?

People are CURIOUS...how numerous direct teachings against graven images, bowing to, and set up in the House of God....Became a Catholic trademark.

explain

Images are not forbidden, such as the cherubim on the ark of the covenant exod 25:18 and the bronze serpent num 21:9 and Jn 3:14 are not forbidden but even commanded, graven or worshiped as a god then these images are forbidden such as the golden calf!

Bowing down or posture does not equal worship or adoration!

Worship requires intent!
You must have the intent to worship God properly!

Worship requires intent, offering of sacrifice, a ordained priesthood, adoration, reparation, thanksgiving, and petition!

Bowing or posture does not equal worship! Kneeling next to your bed to pray is that worshiping your bed?

Genesis 23:12
And Abraham bowed down himself before the people of the land.

Genesis 42:6
And Joseph was the governor over the land, and he it was that sold to all the people of the land: and Joseph's brethren came, and bowed down themselves before him with their faces to the earth.

Bowing a sign of obedience!

Genesis 43:28
And they answered, Thy servant our father is in good health, he is yet alive. And they bowed down their heads, and made obeisance.

1 Kings 1:53
So king Solomon sent, and they brought him down from the altar. And he came and bowed himself to king Solomon: and Solomon said unto him, Go to thine house.

1 Kings 2:19
Bathsheba therefore went unto king Solomon, to speak unto him for Adonijah. And the king rose up to meet her, and bowed himself unto her

If you kneel next to your bed to say your prayers at night are you worshiping your bed? No!

I have been a catholic all my life and I’m 60 and I have never worshiped Mary or the saints or a statute!

Reverence, veneration, love and devotion yes! Worship no!

Imitation of the the life and virtues of the saints! Yes a husband and father should imitate Saint Joseph, his life of godliness and virtue, patience and obedience and faithfulness! The family should imitate the holy family of Nazareth!

2 thes 1:10 When he shall come to be glorified in his saints, and to be admired in all them that believe (because our testimony among you was believed) in that day.

Reactions: GaryAnderson

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Lev 19:
Lev.26
Deut.29
1Sam.31

1 Cor 10

Household gods were common in ancient Rome as well as in The Middle east. Each little wood or stone god kept in its little sanctuary was responsible for its own functions eg. Blessing crops or fertility, health, etc. It was easier to make the local population accept this new religion if the gods were replaced with patron saints. You would pray to a particular saint who was responsible for some aspect of life as the pagan gods were. Roman Catholics were still doing this when I was a member of that church as a child.
Here's a partial list:
List of Patron Saints and Patronage

My mom was a devout Roman Catholic and I asked her why she would pray to Mary or some other saint when we have direct access to God through Christ Jesus. She seemed to think that God was too busy running creation and needed help. My mom wasn't exactly a theologian or a deep thinker. She just believed what she was told by " Holy Mother the church."

Reactions: Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
explain
Images are not forbidden,

False;
Ye shall make you no idols nor graven image, neither rear you up a standing image, neither shall ye set up any image of stone in your land, to bow down unto it:

such as the cherubim on the ark of the covenant exod 25:18 and the bronze serpent num 21:9 and Jn 3:14 are not forbidden but even commanded,

Scripture expressly says....MAKE THIS....that is a command, of WHAT EXACTLY TO MAKE.

Your church was not commanded to MAKE an ark.
Gentiles were not commanded to MAKE an ark.
Only Moses was commanded to make a bronze serpent.

Scripture express said...Ye Shall Make YOU no ...graven image..

And definitely DO NOT BOW DOWN TO IT.

Your Church has been making THEIR graven images, and bowing to them for centuries....

Bowing down or posture does not equal worship or adoration!

Why the exclamation point....? I never mentioned “worship”, and “neither” did the Scripture...
Scripture was clear....DO NOT MAKE GRAVEN IMAGES OF “YOUR” choosing, and DO NOT BOW DOWN TO THEM....

Worship requires intent!
You must have the intent to worship God properly!

Worship requires intent, offering of sacrifice, a ordained priesthood, adoration, reparation, thanksgiving, and petition!

IRRELEVANT...DEFLECTIVE...OFF POINT...
Why can you not give a Straight reply ON POINT?
Why are you talking about WORSHIP?

Do not make YOU graven images, Do not bow down to them... Period.

So why does your church do what was Expressly said NOT TO DO?

atpollard

Jun 30, 2019
Port Richey, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All grace comes thru Mary

[Eph 2:1-10 NASB95] 1 And you were dead in your trespasses and sins, 2 in which you formerly walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, of the spirit that is now working in the sons of disobedience. 3 Among them we too all formerly lived in the lusts of our flesh, indulging the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, even as the rest. 4 But God, being rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, 5 even when we were dead in our transgressions, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), 6 and raised us up with Him, and seated us with Him in the heavenly [places] in Christ Jesus, 7 so that in the ages to come He might show the surpassing riches of His grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus. 8 For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, [it is] the gift of God; 9 not as a result of works, so that no one may boast. 10 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them.

Not unless Mary is God (which we already established that she is not).

Berserk

Apr 13, 2019
Colville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not Catholic, and so, I don't want to get into the fine points of Mariology. But I want to make 4 observations about this discussion:
(1) Why did Jesus celebrate the graven image of the serpent that Moses used for the healing of snake-bitten Jews in the wilderness?
How do you explain the healing miracles triggered by Marian springs, e. g., at Lourdes and at the House of the virgin Mary atop a mountain just outside of Ephesus?

(2) Dick was a member of my UMC congregation who visited Mary's House at Ephesus, despite the fact that he was limping badly from torn ligaments and arthritis in his knee. He was scheduled for surgery when he returned the the US. A Turkish lady urged him to bottle water from Mary's spring and pour it on his knee. Dick finally obliged just to escape nonsense about this healing spring. But despite his unbelief, he was instantly healed. He found this out for sure when he awoke from supposed knee surgery in Spokane. When the surgeon cut Dick open to do the surgery, he was shocked to find that, despite all the MRIs and X-rays to the contrary, Dick's knee was miraculously healed, tendons repaired and arthritis gone!

(3) Dick's testimony prompted me to visit Mary's House as part of a Footsteps of St. Paul tour. I must confess that I've never experienced the presence of God more dramatically anywhere in Greece or in Israel, when I went on a long tour of the Holy Land. One young woman swooned and lay prostrate the moment she entered Mary's little house. Marian devotion clearly increased the love and devotion of many Catholics to Christ.

(4) I also know a lawyer and a psychology professor who visited Medjugorje in Bosnia-Herzegovina, the site of years of Marian apparitions. Both tourists witnessed miracles in the presence of the youthful visionaries!

Reactions: GaryAnderson

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Household gods were common in ancient Rome as well as in The Middle east. Each little wood or stone god kept in its little sanctuary was responsible for its own functions eg. Blessing crops or fertility, health, etc. It was easier to make the local population accept this new religion if the gods were replaced with patron saints. You would pray to a particular saint who was responsible for some aspect of life as the pagan gods were. Roman Catholics were still doing this when I was a member of that church as a child.
Here's a partial list:
List of Patron Saints and Patronage

My mom was a devout Roman Catholic and I asked her why she would pray to Mary or some other saint when we have direct access to God through Christ Jesus. She seemed to think that God was too busy running creation and needed help. My mom wasn't exactly a theologian or a deep thinker. She just believed what she was told by " Holy Mother the church."

Christ is the great judge and king!

who did the people go to when the king was going to kill them, to Esther the queen who was all fair and found favor with the king and saved her people

Old Testament type or example provided by God for our instruction!

Queen Esther

Queen Esther fair: est 2:7
Mary all fair: gen 3:15 Song of Solomon 4:12 Lk 1:28 rev 12:1

And the king loved Esther above all the women, and she obtained grace and favour in his sight more than all the virgins; est 2:17
Song of S. 4:2 love of God for Mary!
And the angel entered to her, and said, Hail Mary, full of grace; the Lord is with thee; blessed be thou among women.
Lk 1:28 also Lk 1:30 1:42 1:45 1:48
Mary obtained grace and favor: Lk 1:28
Hebrews 4:16
Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

Esther merits the graces of the king for the people. Est
Mary merits the graces we need but don’t deserve. Lk 1:30
Mother is the mother of our savior and our salvation! Lk 2:30 matt 1:21

They prayed to Esther to intercede for them before the king. As Mary intercedes for Christians before God.

Queen Esther found favor with the king: est 2:17
Mary found favor with God: Lk 1:30

Queen Esther saves her people interceding with the king: est 8:17
Mary provides the savior of the world!
Lk 2:10-11

Queen Esther receives half the kingdom!
Mary receives half the kingdom, Christ retains the kingdom of justice as just judge and Mary is the queen of grace & mercy! Hence the throne of grace is Mary’s throne! Heb 4:16
Depicted in genesis as the greater light that rules the day (those living in God’s will) and the lesser light that governs the night (those living in sin) Mary the mother of mercy and refuge of sinners!
Notice the sun is the source of all good and moon only reflects this goodness!
She directs all to Her divine son! Jn 2:5

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Biblical Mary, mother of God, ever Virgin, sinless, mother of our salvation!

Mother of God Lk 1:43

Immaculate conception (sinless) gen 3:15 enmity or total war none of satans works are found in Mary!
Also Lk 1:28 full of grace lk 1:49 great things plural (immaculate conception of Mary and the miraculous conception of Jesus) Rev12:1 woman clothed with the sun. Immaculate purity

Lk 1:30 found favor with God (the salvation lost by Adam) mother of our salvation Lk 2:30 and cos she consented to our salvation! Lk 1:38

Perpetual Virgin Isa 7:14 matt 1:21
Lk 1:31-34

Spiritual Mother Jn 19:26-27 rev 12:17

Mother of the creator is mother of all creation!

Mother of the Redeemer is the mother of all the redeemed!

Mother of our Savior is the mother of all those who obtain salvation!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A good tree!

Matthew 7:18
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

The fruit of the tree of Mary is our salvation! Matt 1:21 Lk 2:30 Jesus is our salvation! This reflects the immaculate conception of Mary and the miraculous conception of Jesus!
Lk 1:30 Mary found our salvation!
Lk 1:38 consented to our salvation!

A good tree (immaculate conception) Lk 1:49 God has done this and it is marvelous in our eyes!

Isa 7:14 Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

Matt 1:23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

A sinner would be an evil tree with evil fruit, but the fruit of Mary is salvation!

Mary brings in the good fruits of our redemption and salvation!

Only a queen can bear a king!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Blessing from God thru Mary!

All graces come to us they Mary, from God by the merits (blood) of Christ!
Jn 1:16
Of His fullness we have all received, grace for grace!

Salvation Lk 1:30
Consented to our salvation Lk 1:38
Mother of Christ Matt 1:16
Mother of the word Jn 1:1
Mother of our savior Matt 1:21
Mother of our salvation Lk 2:30
Our mother Jn 19:26-27

Elizabeth filled with the Holy Spirit!

Lk 1:41 And it came to pass, that, when Elisabeth heard the salutation of Mary, the babe leaped in her womb; and Elisabeth was filled with the Holy Ghost:

John sanctified in the womb!

Lk 1:15 For he shall be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink; and he shall be filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother's womb.

Lk 1:44 For, lo, as soon as the voice of thy salutation sounded in mine ears, the babe leaped in my womb for joy.

Zacharias is filled with the Holy Spirit and prophecy!

Lk 1:67 And his father Zacharias was filled with the Holy Ghost, and prophesied, saying,

The wedding couple have wine and not shame!

Jn 2: 10 And saith unto him, Every man at the beginning doth set forth good wine; and when men have well drunk, then that which is worse: but thou hast kept the good wine until now.

The disciples are supplied with faith, hope, and charity!

11 This beginning of miracles did Jesus in Cana of Galilee, and manifested forth his glory; and his disciples believed on him.

All these blessings from God because of Mary most holy!

Mother of Divine Grace!

Hebrews 4:16
Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

The throne of Grace is the throne of Mary the ever Virgin mother of God!

We come boldly to this throne cause Mary is our mother and advocate!

Mary is the storehouse of divine graces!

Lk 1:28
And the angel entered to her, and said, Hail Mary, full of grace; the Lord is with thee; blessed be thou among women.

All graces come from the merits of Christ, from His passion and death and come thru Mary to the glory of Her only begotten Son!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To love Mary is to love salvation!

holy mother church! Gal 4:26 But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.

Christ and His church are one! Acts 9:4
Eph 5:32 Jn 15:1-5

Saul was persecuting the church, and Christ said “why persecute me”? Acts 9:4

Christ and his church are one! Acts 9:4 eph 5:32 Jn 10:16

Jn 15:1-5 Christ united to his apostles (the church) bearing fruit! (The salvation of souls)

The church and the apostles exist by his commands and authority! Matt 16:18-19 & 18:18 Jn 20:21-23

There is an unbreakable union between Christ and His Holy Church!

Jesus Christ continues HIS ministry in His new covenant church thru Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and authority!
Mt 16:18 mt 18:17 Mt 28:19 Lk 10:16 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 eph 2:20

Eph 5:32 This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.

Gates of hell shall NOT PREVAIL!

There is only one true church founded by Christ on Peter and the apostles and their successors, it is the new covenant body of Christ! Matt 16:18 One fold
Jn 10:16 the household of faith! Gal 6:10

1 Timothy 3:15
But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth.

Christ and His church are one, what Christ did the church continues to do, the church is an extension of Christ!
To attack the church is to attack Christ!
Acts 9:4 Jn 20:21-23

Eph 5: 23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.

24 Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.

25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,

27 That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.

28 So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself.

29 For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church:

30 For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.

31 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.

32 This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.

Prophecy of the new covenant church fulfilled in the apostles union with Christ!

Dan 2: 44 And in the days of these kings (Roman Caesars) shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever.

Isaiah 2:2
And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the Lord's house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it.

Micah 4:1
But in the last days it shall come to pass, that the mountain of the house of the Lord shall be established in the top of the mountains, and it shall be exalted above the hills; and people shall flow unto it.

Lk 1:32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:

33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

Matthew 5:14
Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.

What authority does Christ have?
What power does Christ have?
What mission / ministry does Christ have?

Peter, the apostles and their successors have the same authority, power, and mission! Jn 20:21 as my father sent me, even so send I you!

Lk 10:16
He who hears you hears me...

John 13:20
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

Jn 20:21 as my father sent me, so send in you. (The apostles) posses the same power mission and authority as Christ!
Peter, the apostles and their successors!

Keys of authority! And power to bind and loose! Matt 16:18 and Matt 18:18
matt 28:19 Jn 20:21-23 Isa 22:21-22
eph 2:20

Ephesians 5:24
Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ...

The church is the ark of salvation, to attack the church is to attack salvation!

St. Paul tells the faithful at Ephesus that they have been “sealed with the promised Holy Spirit.” This is in terms of an indelible character imprinted on the soul in the sacraments of baptism and confirmation. It is not as if this invisible mark is simply decorative. Rather, through it, we are enabled to participate in Christ’s mission and in his offices of priest, prophet, and king. Eph 1:13

Sealed by God eph 1:13 sealed by God (ez 36:25-27) in the ark of salvation by baptism just as Noah was sealed by God in the ark of the flood gen 7:16

1 Pet 3:20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us!
(Ark of Noah a type of the church, member of Christ and his church and salvation by baptism!)
(Outside the ark of Noah none were saved, outside the church (the ark of salvation) none are saved!)

There is only one true church founded by Christ on Peter and the apostles and their successors, it is the new covenant body of Christ! Matt 16:18 One fold
Jn 10:16 the household of faith! Gal 6:10

The church is an extension of Christ!
You cannot be united to Christ apart from His holy church!

Christ and His church are one! Acts 9:4

Saul was persecuting the church, and Christ said “why persecute me”? Acts 9:4

Christ and his church are one! Acts 9:4 eph 5:32

The church and the apostles exist by his commands and authority! Matt 16:18-19 & 18:18 Jn 20:21-23

An attack on the church is an attack on Christ!

There is an unbreakable union between Christ and His Holy Church!