Why do Catholics adore, worship and deify Mary so much?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
More teaching of another Gospel. Body’s die return to dust.

LOL...there is no QUEEN ruling Heaven!
Heaven is Gods Kingdom, Gods Throne.

John 11:25 “irrelevant” does not support “your” wild claim.

LOL...
........There is no Queen Mary in Heaven.
........There is no Queen Crown in Heaven.

Crowns that can be received in Heaven BY ANY, saved souls, quickened spirits; Are:
The imperishable crown
Crown of rejoicing
Crown of righteousness
Crown of glory
Crown of life
Queens Crown

Nothing special for Mary only, and no Queens Crown!

You are embarrassing yourself, should read Scripture instead of listening to men’s philosophies and repeating them.

never said only Mary

she is the queen of all angels and saints

Old Testament type or example provided by God for our instruction!

Queen Esther

Queen Esther fair: est 2:7
Mary all fair: gen 3:15 Song of Solomon 4:12 Lk 1:28 rev 12:1

And the king loved Esther above all the women, and she obtained grace and favour in his sight more than all the virgins; est 2:17
And the angel entered to her, and said, Hail Mary, full of grace; the Lord is with thee; blessed be thou among women.
Lk 1:28 also Lk 1:30 1:42 1:45 1:48
Mary obtained grace and favor: Lk 1:28
Hebrews 4:16
Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

Esther merits the graces of the king for the people. Est
Mary merits the graces we need but don’t deserve. Lk 1:30
Mother is the mother of our savior and our salvation! Lk 2:30 matt 1:21

They prayed to Esther to intercede for them before the king. As Mary intercedes for Christians before God.

Queen Esther found favor with the king: est 2:17
Mary found favor with God: Lk 1:30

Queen Esther saves her people interceding with the king: est 8:17
Mary provides the savior of the world!
Lk 2:10-11

Queen Esther receives half the kingdom!
Mary receives half the kingdom, Christ retains the kingdom of justice as just judge and Mary is the queen of grace & mercy! Hence the throne of grace is Mary’s throne! Heb 4:16
Depicted in genesis as the greater light that rules the day (those living in God’s will) and the lesser light that governs the night (those living in sin) Mary the mother of mercy and refuge of sinners!
Notice the sun is the source of all good and moon only reflects this goodness!
She directs all to Her divine son! Jn 2:5

A queen possesses the kingdom same as the king
A mother has a right to the possessions of her child!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Differences in Lk 1

Lk 1:11 And there appeared unto him an angel of the Lord standing on the right side of the altar of incense.

12 And when Zacharias saw him, he was troubled, and fear fell upon him.

13 But the angel said unto him, Fear not, Zacharias: for thy prayer is heard; and thy wife Elisabeth shall bear thee a son, and thou shalt call his name John.

14 And thou shalt have joy and gladness; and many shall rejoice at his birth.

15 For he shall be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink; and he shall be filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother's womb.

16 And many of the children of Israel shall he turn to the Lord their God.

17 And he shall go before him in the spirit and power of Elias, to turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the disobedient to the wisdom of the just; to make ready a people prepared for the Lord.

18 And Zacharias said unto the angel, Whereby shall I know this? for I am an old man, and my wife well stricken in years.

19 And the angel answering said unto him, I am Gabriel, that stand in the presence of God; and am sent to speak unto thee, and to shew thee these glad tidings.

Lk 1:28 And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, thou that art highly favoured, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women.

29 And when she saw him, she was troubled at his saying, and cast in her mind what manner of salutation this should be.

30 And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God.

31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name Jesus.

32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:

33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

Mary is the Queen of the Angels!

The angel is greeting his sovereign mistress and no introduction is needed with Mary, like verse 19 cos Mary knows Gabriel, Mary from the first moment of her creation by God is immaculate! (And sees the beatific vision of God always before her eyes, even in her mothers womb, my opinion) so she knows Gabriel who stands on the presence of God!

Matt 5:8 Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.

Has the use of reason even in her mothers womb, Mary at age three was consecrated to God in the temple and made a VOW of perpetual virginity to God, practicing faith, hope, and charity! Lk 1:46 And Mary said, My soul doth magnify the Lord!

Totally offering herself to God!
Pure and holy!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not news, and was not the topic.
Bowing down to statues was the topic.
Bowing down to statues of Mary was the topic.
What does bowing down to statues of Mary have to do with quoting Scriptures about Jesus? Nothing.

Do you not know the point of quoting Scriptures is to BACK UP YOUR POINT?
Picking random Scriptures off point, is simply you deflecting.

Now post some Scriptures to back up your point...that say...
TO; Build statues of Mary and Bow down to those statues!

bowing and kneeling are not the same
Intent is required for adoration and worship
How do you know where the first commandment ends and the second begins?

Bruce Atkinson

Sep 25, 2021
Western MA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the queen ruling in heaven is not dead

John 11:25
Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

VII. Mary’s Coronation in Heaven

2 Tim 4:8 – Paul says that there is laid up for him the crown of righteousness. The saints are crowned in heaven, and Mary is the greatest saint of all.

James 1:12 – those who endure will receive the crown of life which God has promised. Mary has received the crown of life by bringing eternal life to the world.

1 Peter 5:4 – when the chief Shepherd is manifested we will receive the unfading crown of glory.

Rev. 2:10 – Jesus will give the faithful unto death the crown of life. Jesus gave Mary His Mother the crown of life.

Rev. 12:1 – Mary, the “woman,” is crowned with twelve stars. She is Queen of heaven and earth and the Mother of the Church.

Wis. 5:16 – we will receive a glorious crown and a beautiful diadem from the hand of the Lord. Mary is with Jesus forever crowned in His glory.

Here we go again! The same verses over and over taken completely out of context to foolishly 'prove' a falsehood that is not in the Bible.

Yesterday in the now-closed 'perpetual virginity' thread that got closed due to countless lengthy diatribes, I clearly pointed out that claiming Mary as the 'queen of heaven' is in direct contradiction to Gods' Word in Jeremiah 7 and 44 where God declares it is worshiping false deities.

So here's another to 'chew on'...your countless repetitions of claiming Mary is somehow part of Revelation 12. And now you've added her to Revelation 2:10...here's what it says, including surrounding text for clarity:

Rev 2:8-11 (KJV)
8 "And to the angel of the church in Smyrna write: 'The words of the first and the last, who died and came to life.
9 "'I know your tribulation and your poverty (but you are rich) and the slander of those who say that they are Jews and are not, but are a synagogue of Satan.
10 Do not fear what you are about to suffer. Behold, the devil is about to throw some of you into prison, that you may be tested, and for ten days you will have tribulation. Be faithful unto death, and I will give you the crown of life.
11 He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. He who conquers shall not be hurt by the second death.'

How can you or anyone else claim that crown was given to Mary vs the churches is beyond reason.

But here's the point of my reply - adding Mary to Revelation is specifically addressed by John at the very end. The results are very clear.

Revelation 22:18-19 (KJV)
18 I warn every one who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: if any one adds to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book,
19 and if any one takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God will take away his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
never said only Mary

she is the queen of all angels and saints

And the Scripture that says that??...LOL....100 posts and you still have not once supported your claim....

Laughable.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here we go again! The same verses over and over taken completely out of context to foolishly 'prove' a falsehood that is not in the Bible.

Yesterday in the now-closed 'perpetual virginity' thread that got closed due to countless lengthy diatribes, I clearly pointed out that claiming Mary as the 'queen of heaven' is in direct contradiction to Gods' Word in Jeremiah 7 and 44 where God declares it is worshiping false deities.

So here's another to 'chew on'...your countless repetitions of claiming Mary is somehow part of Revelation 12. And now you've added her to Revelation 2:10...here's what it says, including surrounding text for clarity:

Rev 2:8-11 (KJV)
8 "And to the angel of the church in Smyrna write: 'The words of the first and the last, who died and came to life.
9 "'I know your tribulation and your poverty (but you are rich) and the slander of those who say that they are Jews and are not, but are a synagogue of Satan.
10 Do not fear what you are about to suffer. Behold, the devil is about to throw some of you into prison, that you may be tested, and for ten days you will have tribulation. Be faithful unto death, and I will give you the crown of life.
11 He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. He who conquers shall not be hurt by the second death.'

How can you or anyone else claim that crown was given to Mary vs the churches is beyond reason.

But here's the point of my reply - adding Mary to Revelation is specifically addressed by John at the very end. The results are very clear.

Revelation 22:18-19 (KJV)
18 I warn every one who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: if any one adds to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book,
19 and if any one takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God will take away his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book.

no one was more faithful than Mary Lk 1:45

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
bowing and kneeling are not the same
Intent is required for adoration and worship

You have talked about Jesus, and worship, and kneeling, crowns, and love, and adoration, and blah, blah, blah.....

Everything BUT A SCRIPTURE THAT SAYS TO BUILD STATUES AND BOW TO THEM....

Stop deflecting, show the Scripture that says TO DO THAT ^^^

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And the Scripture that says that??...LOL....100 posts and you still have not once supported your claim....

Laughable.

rev 12:1
Crown of stars equals queen
Jesus is king Lk 1:32-33

Bruce Atkinson

Sep 25, 2021
Western MA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Apparently, Catholics have difficulty discerning where one thought ends and another begins. Simple English grammar rules are followed in the Bible. A period ends a sentence. Whether one calls it the 1st commandment or the 2nd, the overall thought is the same. Bowing down to them - and yes, kneeling and bowing are showing the same reverential action - is specifically forbidden. Maybe Catholics don't think that statues of Mary, be they cast in metal, plastic, plaster, or hand carved out of wood or other materials "don't count" as violating the 2nd commandment. But remember, those commandments were written by God about 3500 years ago and, like the entire Bible, were written by humans with far less knowledge and crafting abilities that we have today.

Exodus 20:3-6 (KJV)
3 "You shall have no other gods before me.
4 "You shall not make for yourself a graven image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth;
5 you shall not bow down to them or serve them; for I the LORD your God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and the fourth generation of those who hate me,
6 but showing steadfast love to thousands of those who love me and keep my commandments.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have talked about Jesus, and worship, and kneeling, crowns, and love, and adoration, and blah, blah, blah.....

by the authority of Jesus Christ

Matt 16:18-19
Whatsoever!!!!!!!
Matt 18:18
Jn 20:21-23
Same power mission and authority

does Christ have authority to change the commandments?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Apparently, Catholics have difficulty discerning where one thought ends and another begins. Simple English grammar rules are followed in the Bible. A period ends a sentence. Whether one calls it the 1st commandment or the 2nd, the overall thought is the same. Bowing down to them - and yes, kneeling and bowing are showing the same reverential action - is specifically forbidden. Maybe Catholics don't think that statues of Mary, be they cast in metal, plastic, plaster, or hand carved out of wood or other materials "don't count" as violating the 2nd commandment. But remember, those commandments were written by God about 3500 years ago and, like the entire Bible, were written by humans with far less knowledge and crafting abilities that we have today.

4 "You shall not make for yourself a graven image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth;
5 you shall not bow down to them or serve them; for I the LORD your God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and the fourth generation of those who hate me,
6 but showing steadfast love to thousands of those who love me and keep my commandments.

THEY ARE NOT gods!
No worship
No adoration
No intention to to do

Bruce Atkinson

Sep 25, 2021
Western MA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matt 5:8 Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.

Has the use of reason even in her mothers womb, Mary at age three was consecrated to God in the temple and made a VOW of perpetual virginity to God, practicing faith, hope, and charity! Lk 1:46 And Mary said, My soul doth magnify the Lord!

Nice try at claiming the Beatitudes applies specifically to Mary! Jesus was speaking to the crowd and speaks of those who believe in Him. They will see God. Mary may or may not have been one of those in the crowd. There is no biblical support for your claim.

And the vow of perpetual virginity? Provide specific proof! Otherwise it is a completely baseless claim.

rev 12:1
Crown of stars equals queen
Jesus is king Lk 1:32-33

There you go again claiming Revelation contains references to Mary. Go back and reread my post #104 15 minutes ago regarding that!

Reactions: Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
by the authority of Jesus Christ

LOL So Jesus commanded men to build statues of Mary to bow down to it!

But God called that an abomination and Jesus defied God ? Pffff!

Catholics Gospel! Not Jesus’ Gospel!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

you are a fundamentalist you have a personal covenant and you’re own authority the holy church has the new and eternal covenant and jurisdictional authority of Jesus Christ

The power to bind on earth is absolute and when Israel matt 23 has the keys and the power to bind Christ said they must be obeyed!

now the church the new Israel has the keys and the power to bind and must be obeyed

in the arms of holy mother church all is safety!

Second Council of Nicaea – 787 A.D.

Anathemas concerning holy images
  1. If anyone does not confess that Christ our God can be represented in his humanity, let him be anathema.
  2. If anyone does not accept representation in art of evangelical scenes, let him be anathema.
  3. If anyone does not salute such representations as standing for the Lord and his saints, let him be anathema.
  4. If anyone rejects any written or unwrittentradition of the church, let him be anathema.
  • the God-spoken teaching of our holy fathers and
  • the tradition of the catholic church —
  • for we recognize that this tradition comes from the holy Spirit who dwells in her–
  • we decree with full precision and care that,
  • like the figure of the honoured and life-giving cross,
  • the revered and holy images,
  • whether painted or
  • made of mosaic
  • or of other suitable material,
  • are to be exposed
  • in the holy churches of God,
  • on sacred instruments and vestments,
  • on walls and panels,
  • in houses and by public ways,
  • these are the images of
  • our Lord, God and saviour, Jesus Christ, and of
  • our Lady without blemish, the holy God-bearer, and of
  • the revered angels and of
  • any of the saintly holy men.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

they are not other gods!
See #116 below

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nice try at claiming the Beatitudes applies specifically to Mary! Jesus was speaking to the crowd and speaks of those who believe in Him. They will see God. Mary may or may not have been one of those in the crowd. There is no biblical support for your claim.

And the vow of perpetual virginity? Provide specific proof! Otherwise it is a completely baseless claim.

There you go again claiming Revelation contains references to Mary. Go back and reread my post #104 15 minutes ago regarding that!

scales cover youre eyes

Mary and all the saints grace, virtues, and merits are from God’s infinite goodness mercy and love and they end in the God glory!

Not by nature but by supernatural grace!
Mary and the saints are what God made them not according nature but by the supernatural grace of God!

Glory to God for His mighty works and grace and mercy in His saints!

The nature of vice and virtue:

Pride by its nature must always be in rebellion and protest!
Alway says no, I will not serve!
Always associated with presumption and arrogance!

Humility by its nature must obey, and be faithful! Unless you become like little children. Matt 18:3 always associated with faith, hope, and charity!

The truth is filled with virtues and sets us free!
The doctrine of devils is filled with the vices of the devils to ensnare those who refuse to listen to the truth from the bosom of holy mother church!

1 Corinthians 16:22
If any man love not the Lord Jesus Christ, let him be Anathema

Extends to the truth and the church

Cos Christ is the truth and His church teaches the truth without error! Jn 14:6 matt 28:19 matt 18:17 1 Tim 3:15 Jn 29:21-23 Jn 16:13

Virtues are not natural, but supernatural helps from God!

The virtues are exercised to the highest degree in Mary most holy and to perfection in Jesus Christ!

Virtues are not natural, but supernatural helps from God!

The doctrine of demons are filled with the vices of the demons!

Humility and obedience are the virtues most forgotten and ignored, many who claim the name of Christ are not practicing His virtues

The evidence of true faith is humble subjection and obedience to Christ & His holy church!

The rule of faith for Christians is Jesus Christ Jn 14:6 and His church! Matt 18:17 acts 2:42 1 Tim 3:15

Truth must be revealed by God thru Christ to His church (the apostles Jude 1:3) then must be proposed by the church, (Matt 28:19 gal 3:23) without error by the Holy Spirit! (Jn 16:13)

Christ and His church are one! (Acts 9:4 eph 5:31 Jn 15:1-5)

Rejection of the one true church or its teaching is rejection of Christ and God!

Christ and His church are one! Acts 9:4 eph 5:32 Jn 8:12 & Matt 5:14

Dan 2:44 Isa 2:2 Micah 4:1 fulfilled in matt 5:14

matt 16:18-19 shall not prevail
Matt 18:17 hear the truth from the church
1 Tim 3:15 the church is the pillar and ground of truth.

Faith ascents & never protests or rebels!
Spiritual Pride protests & is always in rebellion

The nature of spiritual pride is rebellion!
Spiritual pride must protest, and must be right!

Christ and His one true church cannot be right or my self-righteous personal interpretation base on spiritual pride and private judgement must be wrong, and that is unacceptable!

Truth must be revealed by God, and taught by the church, proposed for our belief, we must be instructed!
Matt 28:19 Lk 1:4 Acts 8:31 Lk 10:16 Jn 21:17 Jn 16:13 acts 2:42

Nature of doctrine:

Truth or doctrine MUST be Revealed by God And Proposed by the church for belief, not spiritual pride and self-righteous private judgement!
Claim: “scripture alone”
It’s really just the ugly repugnant pride!
It’s no faith at all only spiritual pride and self-righteous private judgement!
They Hope in creatures not in God!

It is unlawful to refuse to accept a truth revealed by God!

Matt 28:19 eph 4:5 Jude 1:3

Truth matters! It is revealed by God and therefore CANNOT be changed!
The church likewise is founded by Christ and therefore CANNOT be reformed!

Faith hope and charity! 1 cor 13:13
Three are eternal, and the greatest is charity!
“Faith alone”? Never faith, hope, & charity are inseparable!
If salvation was by faith alone then the greatest would be faith, but as even “all faith“ without charity avails nothing! 1 cor 13:2

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL So Jesus commanded men to build statues of Mary to bow down to it!

But God called that an abomination and Jesus defied God ? Pffff!

Catholics Gospel! Not Jesus’ Gospel!

Did Jesus change the commandments
He is God and has authority to do so
The church exercises His authority

Matt 16:18-19 whatsoever you bind on earth is bound in heaven

Matt 5:
21 Ye have heard that it was said of them of old time, Thou shalt not kill; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment: (God commanded)

22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire. (Authority of Christ)

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL The crown of 12 Stars is the 12 Tribes. Duh!

IT DOES NOT SAY THAT!

Rev 12:1 And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars:

our queen!
Only a queen can give birth to a king!