Why Does God Damn People To Hell If He Is All Loving?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
Go doesn't SEND anybody to hell they put themselves there.

I'm curious, how do they put themselves in hell?
smile.gif

Alethos

Mar 8, 2011
Melbourne Australia
You are right - I did not include the verses about God separating the sheep from the goats - but you are aware they are in the Bible. I guess my point is three fold

1. the unredeemed remain sinful.

2. being sinful in the presence of a holy God is torture.

3. according to scripture, Hell is certainly mentioned - I choose to view it according to God's mercy rather than His judgment - yet, I admit it is the same thing from the viewpoint of the damned

4. the damned are beyond God's help, without annihilation

I admit that I am speculating - scripture is not explicit about Hell. However, I think it is complete enough to suggest Hell is eternal..

Aspen

I could bring into question your above comments, but I believe we know clearly were each of us stand in relation to this subject.

Having said that “may” I add some material, which may be useful in relation to Judgment?

Speaking to the Romans the Apostle wrote, "we shall all stand before the judgement seat of Christ", Rom. 14:10. Likewise to the Corinthians he said, "For we must all appear before the judgement seat of Christ", 2 Cor.5:10.

In a more general statement in 2 Tim.4:l he said that Christ would judge "the quick and the dead at his appearing", but not all the living and dead: only those who like the Roman and Corinthian brethren had become responsible to judgement by their knowledge of truth.

Knowledge is the ground of responsibility - John 12:46-48, 15:22, 9:41, Rom.2:12-16. Those who have come to a knowledge of Truth sufficient to bring them to a realisation of what God requires of them will be held accountable to judgement regardless of their response to that knowledge.

This is evident from many scriptural passages - Luke 13:24-28, Matt. 8:10-12, Luke 10:9-16, etc. Mankind is divided into two major divisions by knowledge—the enlightened and the unenlightened. The enlightened group may be further divided into three according to the definitions provided by Peter

1 Peter 4:17,18, 19

There are three distinct groups among those enlightened by the Truth.

They are, according to the Apostle Peter:

1. Righteous or godly saints

2. Ungodly saints

3. Enlightened sinners

The use of the terms 'saints' and 'sinners' distinguishes those who are responsible to divine judgement from those who are accountable to divine judgement, in this case. In fact mankind is basically divided into two classes, saints and sinners and each of these classes is again divided into two groups, namely, godly and ungodly saints and enlightened and unenlightened sinners.

Alethos

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
Look at verse 41 in the original language. ...

So, Jig, are you going to "enlighten" us on your interpretation of Matthew 25:41 or are you just going to pretend you have knowledge. It will be interesting if you can tell us which "proclaimation" the verse is a part of, and where the verse belongs in context.

Here, I will even give it to you in Greek:
Mat 25:41 Τότε ἐρεῖ καὶ τοῖς ἐξ εὐωνύμων· πορεύεσθε ἀπ᾿ ἐμοῦ οἱ κατηραμένοι εἰς τὸ πῦρ τὸ αἰώνιον τὸ ἡτοιμασμένον τῷ διαβόλῳ καὶ τοῖς ἀγγέλοις αὐτοῦ.

Reactions: tomwebster

logabe

Aug 28, 2008
Matt 25: 41-45

The words "aionios" and "kolasis" speak of a correction
"belonging to the ages" which shall end in restoration and
life (all being made alive in Christ).

In essence, Matthew 25:46 is one of the strongest verses in
favor of the reconciliation of all things in the dispensation of
the fullness of time due to the fact that the Greek words "aionios"
and "kolasis" are linked together in the same verse. There is
really no such thing as "eternal" punishment, since "punishment"
is for the purpose of correction. How would it be possible to
"eternally" correct someone? Sooner or later the correction serves
its purpose and brings about the desired result.

For those of you reading this I want you to ask yourself this question
and to be honest with yourself…Why would you punish someone like
(your child)? Would you punish them just to inflict pain and satisfy
your vindictive thirst for revenge? If so…shame on you. Is our God
vindictive, or is He corrective? I think if you spend some time searching
the scriptures, praying, and meditating on the purpose of God's
punishment, you will see in your heart that our God is corrective. It may
take you a while to shed your current belief that God is vindictive , but at
least open up your heart to the idea that God's punishment is for the
purpose of correction and will end with the result of restoration and
reconcilation for all! Jeremiah 10:24 states…

24 O LORD, correct me, but with judgment; not in thine anger,
lest thou bring me to nothing.

Logabe

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
What I find odd about Universalists is how they continue to preach and talk about God. If we are all gonna be saved no matter what we do then let's party!!! Why are we wasting our time here? The truth is that there will be MANY in the everlasting fire who don't believe in the everlasting fire.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
An all loving God will save those who love. Otherwise we will have an eternity with people who don't love!

Then people will ask...How can God save people who don't love!???:huh: